Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/6/2004 6:22:13 PM EDT
Anyone know of any plans for US parts kits so it could be suppressed?   Mine is just begging for a nice can.

Link Posted: 12/6/2004 8:04:42 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Anyone know of any plans for US parts kits so it could be suppressed?   Mine is just begging for a nice can.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but if you tax stamp it as an NFA weapon (supressor, SBR), you don't need the US parts count. I thought NFA negated 922 regs.
Link Posted: 12/7/2004 8:25:51 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but if you tax stamp it as an NFA weapon (supressor, SBR), you don't need the US parts count. I thought NFA negated 922 regs.

i'm pretty sure the tax stamp for the suppressor doesn't negate the 922.  not certain though

bump.
Link Posted: 12/9/2004 5:42:40 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Putting a can on it won't make the gun an NFA registered weapon. Only the can is taxed and registered. You can put the can on as many different guns as it will fit.
Link Posted: 12/9/2004 9:48:06 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Putting a can on it won't make the gun an NFA registered weapon. Only the can is taxed and registered. You can put the can on as many different guns as it will fit.

Your right there, I'm thinking of short barrelling....which I believe would make the parts count a non-issue.
Link Posted: 12/10/2004 7:44:52 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Your right there, I'm thinking of short barrelling....which I believe would make the parts count a non-issue.

So, could you SBR it, then suppress it?
Link Posted: 12/10/2004 9:16:05 AM EDT
[#6]
Well, if you leave the original barrel length and thread it, then you don't have to do anything as far as the gun.  Get the supressor on the tax stamp.

If you shorten the barrel (less than 16"), then you would have to SBR the rifle and tax stamp it, too.  

I think I might get a CX4 and get a can for it....
Link Posted: 12/10/2004 12:17:01 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Well, if you leave the original barrel length and thread it, then you don't have to do anything as far as the gun.  Get the supressor on the tax stamp.

that's the problem, you can NOT do that on the storm b/c it is an import gun, or at least that is my understanding.
Link Posted: 12/11/2004 11:07:25 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

that's the problem, you can NOT do that on the storm b/c it is an import gun, or at least that is my understanding.

Doesn;t beretta have a plant here in the states that they make them at?? also I don't believe the import ban qualifies for this because the detachable magazine is not outside the pistol grip, also if the storm were effected by the import ban theyy wouldn't be able to import it as the BATFE considers a thumbhole stock to be a pistolgrip stock IIRC. So check on that and seeif it even falls under the import ban.
Link Posted: 12/11/2004 12:25:28 PM EDT
[#9]
Call up Beretta and ask what the parts count is.  They should know (they were on the ball with the whole magazines after the ban thing).

If it's an "import gun" then SBR it and thread it. NFA negates the sporting purpose clause and you'll be able to mount the can.
Link Posted: 12/11/2004 6:30:58 PM EDT
[#10]
Would a mp5 3-lug type set up be ok.
Link Posted: 12/12/2004 8:00:38 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Doesn;t beretta have a plant here in the states that they make them at?? also I don't believe the import ban qualifies for this because the detachable magazine is not outside the pistol grip, also if the storm were effected by the import ban theyy wouldn't be able to import it as the BATFE considers a thumbhole stock to be a pistolgrip stock IIRC. So check on that and seeif it even falls under the import ban.

Dunno about the rest, but the Storm is 100% imported, according to the Beretta rep I talked to.
Link Posted: 12/13/2004 4:39:01 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Dunno about the rest, but the Storm is 100% imported, according to the Beretta rep I talked to.

Than it doesn't fall under the import ban for one reason or another, and I'm guessing that it;s because the magazine is not outside the poistol grip.
Link Posted: 12/13/2004 2:19:02 PM EDT
[#13]
Someone answer this definitively!  I want to know if I can pick up a CX4 next year, thread the barrel and get a can on it.  

It would suck nuts if I couldn't.  It would be a sweet little carbine to suppress!!
Link Posted: 12/13/2004 5:21:20 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Someone answer this definitively!  I want to know if I can pick up a CX4 next year, thread the barrel and get a can on it.  

someone is going to have to break down and call beretta
Link Posted: 12/17/2004 7:38:24 PM EDT
[#15]
Off topic but interesting fact:  I heard at the Scottsdale Gun Club that Beretta has made a few test models of the Storm in three round burst.  The dealer said its just as controllable as the MP5.  It would make a sweet rig with a 10-12 inch BBL.
Link Posted: 12/19/2004 9:41:33 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Off topic but interesting fact:  I heard at the Scottsdale Gun Club that Beretta has made a few test models of the Storm in three round burst.  The dealer said its just as controllable as the MP5.  It would make a sweet rig with a 10-12 inch BBL.

I've bumped my Storm and it's incredibly fast and mild to shoot. A couple times I got it to go from my shoulder and it was indeed very controllable. It makes you REALLY want it to have a happy switch.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top