Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/2/2003 9:37:39 PM EDT
well i fired about 3,500 rounds of ammo from my mini and my firing pin bit the dust, i got the part, fixed it and everything is well...

i go to the range today fire about 200 rounds and what happens the firing pin breaks. now.. before it broke, a lot of the rounds FTE'd.. and then

*click* with every round, i look in, firing pin is gone.

im puzzled what to do next, should i call ruger and let them know of my problem? im really frustrauted and angry. what do i do?

the ammo ive been firing is the xm193 and the swiss gp90 ammo.

help! :/
Link Posted: 3/2/2003 10:45:13 PM EDT
[#1]
I have about 4,000 rounds through my Mini-14 with no parts breakage.  But I disassemble the bolt assembly and clean it about every 1,200 rounds.  Brass shavings and primer sealant does build up in the recesses of the bolt componenets.

Ruger has excellent customer service. I have never heard of them not fixing a problem.
Link Posted: 3/3/2003 12:01:23 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I have about 4,000 rounds through my Mini-14 with no parts breakage.  But I disassemble the bolt assembly and clean it about every 1,200 rounds.  Brass shavings and primer sealant does build up in the recesses of the bolt componenets.

Ruger has excellent customer service. I have never heard of them not fixing a problem.

think giving them a call would be best?
Link Posted: 3/3/2003 6:12:15 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 3/3/2003 10:23:28 AM EDT
[#4]
Ruger will fix it for free, to the best of my knowledge.  At any rate, calling them to discuss the matter would be a good first step.
Link Posted: 3/3/2003 1:47:58 PM EDT
[#5]
ive only had this rifle for 6 months and it does this.. ill give them a call see whats up.
Link Posted: 3/6/2003 11:58:40 PM EDT
[#6]
they siad to ship it back to them, i work for ups, but i thought i would ask you guys? whats the best way to package the rifle to ensure that it doesnt get damaged in transit?
Link Posted: 3/7/2003 8:21:45 AM EDT
[#7]
I had to ship an upper once.  I rapped it ina rather dense layer bubble wrap, then filled the rest of the box with pop-corn foam.  From what I've read on this board, you need to be concerned about how you disclose contents, since some places have odd policies about shipping firearms.  Fortunatley, Ruger's name is "Sturm Ruger" and does not include the word "firearm", so you will most likely get away with being able to disclose it as something like "assembled machine parts", which technically it is.  That was my contents descriptor when I mailed my upper from Mail Boxes Etc. and had no problems.

It would be a very good idea to know the policies of the shipping company regarding shipment of a firearm, nonetheless.  There could be insurance problems if the gun is lost and it was not disclosed as a gun.
Link Posted: 3/7/2003 1:17:47 PM EDT
[#8]
ill check ups' website for any fireamrs restrictions. but how do  i go about shipping the whole gun? i need a long box :p.. it wont fit in a ups tube... so i dunno... does mail boxes etc have boxes that long?
Link Posted: 3/8/2003 5:31:44 PM EDT
[#9]
Buy one of those $12 hard plastic rifle cases with foam eggcrate padding from Wallyworld and ship it in that (covered in cardboard).  Include in the letter to Ruger your request that they ship it back the same way.
Link Posted: 3/11/2003 12:32:06 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Buy one of those $12 hard plastic rifle cases with foam eggcrate padding from Wallyworld and ship it in that (covered in cardboard).  Include in the letter to Ruger your request that they ship it back the same way.

wtf is wallysworld? :p ive never heard of em. :o

url

or is it a b&m store?
Link Posted: 3/11/2003 7:07:05 AM EDT
[#11]
Wal-mart
Link Posted: 3/13/2003 12:22:24 AM EDT
[#12]
theres no wal mart near my house, any alternitives?
Link Posted: 3/13/2003 2:50:40 AM EDT
[#13]
Ok guys dumb question why is Wal-mart called "Wally World"?
Link Posted: 3/13/2003 6:04:46 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Ok guys dumb question why is Wal-mart called "Wally World"?

Because the store is a joke in regards to firearms. The corporation can't make up their mind is they are going to sell firearms or not.  They use to carry pistols then dropped them to be PC. The sporting goods clerk is clueless regarding the rifles, and if you look for CLP, you need to look in the automotive section because it's not stocked in the sporting goods section.

Basically, shopping at Wall mart will save you some money, but is like a new ride at Disney land, you never know what to expect.
Link Posted: 3/14/2003 3:37:55 AM EDT
[#15]
I have no idea how Walmart became Wally World, but I've used that phrase ever since the first one came up in my area.  It just fits.

The original name "Wally World" comes from the first National Lampoon's Vacation.  That was the amusement park they drove cross sountry to get to.  The owner's name was Roy G. Wally, a Walt Disney look-alike.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top