Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/11/2003 7:04:56 AM EDT
This is one of the "very good" rated ones. ($299 from http://www.jldenter.com)

Here's a review from www.cruffler.com: www.cruffler.com/review-june-00.html

This is a clone of the colt 1911.

Haven't taken it out yet so I can't say how it shoots (too damn cold).
Link Posted: 2/11/2003 7:17:35 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/11/2003 9:01:11 AM EDT
[#2]
I have a Sistema. It's a damn good pistol. I have hear some people say they are a better pistol than the Colt 1991a1's. I don't know about that though because I don't own a 1991a1.
Link Posted: 2/11/2003 5:35:29 PM EDT
[#3]

Is this a recent purchase?

Just wondering if JLD actually has these in stock and available for shipping right now.
Link Posted: 2/11/2003 7:29:41 PM EDT
[#4]
What is the metal hardness like on these compared to a Colt of the same era?  How does the hardness compare with current factory 1911's?

Is this an issue that people should at least consider in their purchase of these?

I thought I came across something about this but can't recall the details right now.  If anyone can bring me up to speed I'd certainly appreciate it.
Link Posted: 2/12/2003 6:34:46 AM EDT
[#5]
VERY nice!  Me want!!

I'm going to be sending in my ap for my C&R soon, and I'm thinking a nice Systema will be a great practical gun for me.  Maybe use in some IDPA or use as a beater/truck gun.  Hard to beat for $300!  

Link Posted: 2/13/2003 8:39:42 AM EDT
[#6]
I just called J.L. Denter about the availability of these.  They currently have no pistols (of any kind) in stock.  They expect to receive more Sistemas sometime around the end of March.  If you're interested, they will take your name and number and call when the guns come in.

I was looking to get three.  Can't beat it for the price.
Link Posted: 2/14/2003 4:14:17 AM EDT
[#7]
I don't know anything about the hardness of the pistol. Is it possible to test this without damaging the gun?

I just got the gun in the mail a couple of weeks ago, but I had placed the order with them more than nine months ago.
Link Posted: 2/14/2003 6:29:43 AM EDT
[#8]
What is the name of that guy (PvtRyan?) that was building his own custom Sistemas?  He had a web page up tracking it, etc.  IIRC he mentioned something about the Sistemas being a softer metal and easier to work with.  Seems like he put a lot of research into his project and this issue didn't bother him re: long term durability.

I was just curious and fishing for more info as $300 1911's in this good of condition would be very tempting.

BTW, great looking pistola!
Link Posted: 2/14/2003 9:24:32 AM EDT
[#9]
Is this the one you're talking about?

roderuscustom.tzo.com/shopNotes.htm
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top