Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/24/2013 1:31:31 AM EDT
I just had Brothers Hydrographics in Tennessee dip my DTA SRS in Kryptek  Highlander.

Krypteks patterns are incredible but the film is hard to work with...... If they are something you're interested in,  make sure you use a good shop to do it.

I was a little nervous sending a $4500.rifle into the water,  but I couldn't be happier with it.

Link Posted: 3/24/2013 1:59:59 AM EDT
[#1]
Turned out great. I have a local guy in town that doed a great job dipping everything too. Just got my second rifle back myself....
Link Posted: 3/24/2013 2:17:19 AM EDT
[#2]
That is really great.  
Link Posted: 3/24/2013 6:13:26 AM EDT
[#3]
What you didn't want to dunk your scope???

Seriously it looks awesome great pattern.
Link Posted: 3/24/2013 12:06:51 PM EDT
[#4]
very nice rifle. yeah, i would be afraid to dip that scope, too!!!
Link Posted: 3/24/2013 12:24:27 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
very nice rifle. yeah, i would be afraid to dip that scope, too!!!

I was too but I did it...
Link Posted: 3/24/2013 4:45:28 PM EDT
[#6]
take it back and do the scope. it will have no problems being dunked, and if it does then you will know there is a flaw in the scope
Link Posted: 3/24/2013 4:58:11 PM EDT
[#7]
Frankly I wasn't sure I wanted to marry a $4000 scope to this rifle. Once it's done it's done. With the rifle, a new set of skins, about 10 minutes in a bead blaster and a coating of black ceracoat and it's back to factory.

The scope is done once it's done.....no turning back.

I wasn't worried at all about the scope getting wet. It's a Schmidt......if getting it wet was a problem, I'd want to know about it.
Link Posted: 3/26/2013 10:32:49 AM EDT
[#8]
That is wicked, you have me rethinking getting my painted and possibly getting it dipped.
Link Posted: 3/31/2013 9:12:31 AM EDT
[#9]
That came out very nice! I checked out Brothers Hydrographics web page and thier pricing looked good. If I was going to get one dipped I'd have it done in the Kryptek Highlander...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top