Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/26/2010 4:29:40 PM EDT
I thought you couldn't  buy or sell a factory SBR lower by itself? I was under the assumption that it has to be a complete firearm with a specified short bbl?

BCM Complete Lower (NFA SBR)
Link Posted: 7/26/2010 6:16:32 PM EDT
[#1]
You're not supposed to.... some still do.

An SBR is not an SBR unless it is configured as such.

That is why you can take your shorty upper off of your lower and travel interstate without permission or visit states that don't allow SBR's as long as your shorty upper isn't with it.

If the lower itself was the SBR you would not be allowed to do this. They should not be selling these as stripped lowers. I don't know what they'd put on the Form 3/4 as to the barrel length. If they put N/A or something like that, the transfer would most likely not be approved. If they put down a barrel length, it would be a lie and perjury.
Link Posted: 8/31/2010 4:08:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I thought you couldn't  buy or sell a factory SBR lower by itself? I was under the assumption that it has to be a complete firearm with a specified short bbl?

BCM Complete Lower (NFA SBR)

So is Bravo Company doing this or is G & R registering them as an SBR?

If G&R does them they need to mark their name on there as well..

Link Posted: 8/31/2010 4:21:10 PM EDT
[#3]
I had a dealer friend get told he couldnt do these anymore by one of the manufacturers.

Like to see where this goes

ETA

If G&R ordered complete guns and then sold the uppers they could sell the lowers like this right?
Link Posted: 8/31/2010 4:26:33 PM EDT
[#4]
And why would anyone pay 380 dollars for a 250 dollar lower.  I guess if you add the engraving, it might be worth 290.  Just Sayin, but just buy a lower and do a form 1.  But yes, a suppose they could have built the gun an then removed the upper.  I have been discussing the idea of having my local sot build a AOW - pistol with a vfg and transferring it to me with a 5 dollar stamp.  I was going to let him use my SBR upper for 10 minutes to build the gun and then give it back to me until the form 4 was approved.  Haven't decided yet.
Link Posted: 8/31/2010 4:29:31 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I had a dealer friend get told he couldnt do these anymore by one of the manufacturers.

Like to see where this goes

ETA

If G&R ordered complete guns and then sold the uppers they could sell the lowers like this right?

G&R may have done that. I know I've seen it posted that the ATF said no more making stripped lowers and selling them as "SBR's". Doesn't mean some won't do it. When I got my colt SBR lower, it was just the lower, the seller sold the upper by itself. Its still listed as having a 11.5" barrel though. I don't have an upper in that length, so I'm likely going to change that so I make sure I have something that is on the paperwork.
Link Posted: 9/1/2010 7:12:18 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
And why would anyone pay 380 dollars for a 250 dollar lower.  I guess if you add the engraving, it might be worth 290.  Just Sayin, but just buy a lower and do a form 1.

For me it is the fact that I dont want my info on the gun. I want a reputable company name on it for both resale and looks
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top