Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/6/2005 9:13:04 AM EDT
Anyone have any?

Just curious how they look and how many different ways there are to put one on.
Link Posted: 12/12/2005 8:50:43 AM EDT
[#1]
Thinking the same thing.  I just took out my .45 Storm and now I'm thinking of a can.  Would love to see some pics.
Link Posted: 12/12/2005 8:56:26 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 12/12/2005 9:34:51 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I was told that threadingthe barrel would violatethe import ban.  I suspect that is why you have not seen any examples.  but, I have heard that they are sweet shooters, suppressed.

TRG

Are they imported? Or are they madein the Beretta factories in the US?
Link Posted: 12/12/2005 10:33:52 AM EDT
[#4]
It would have to be a 'SBR' in order to thread the factory barrel.
Link Posted: 12/12/2005 10:34:35 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 12/12/2005 11:09:54 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

So, you have to pay the "tax" to "make it" an SBR, right? Once you pay for the stamp you're good to go, aren't you?
Link Posted: 12/12/2005 11:18:39 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
So, you have to pay the "tax" to "make it" an SBR, right?.

Correct

Once you pay for the stamp you're good to go, aren't you?

Yes, NFA status trumps the all the PC BS.
Link Posted: 12/12/2005 11:24:51 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 12/12/2005 11:26:03 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 12/12/2005 11:45:11 AM EDT
[#10]
Filing a form 1 will negate the import crap. Can't remember the specifics, but thats how alot of people got their HK SL8s turned into G36 clones and still use the german mags.
Link Posted: 12/12/2005 11:50:02 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Osprey,
I think you are wrong about an SBR and threading.
TRG

Yeah, that doesn't sound quite right. If you had an AR with not flash hider on it and decided you wanted one (thanks to the AWB sunset) you could get the barrel threaded for it, couldn't you? The AWB pretty much nixed the no-threaded barrel thing on 16"+ barrels, didn't it?
Link Posted: 12/12/2005 11:51:44 AM EDT
[#12]
As an import Title 1 firearm, the CX4 is subject to 922(r) and can not have a threaded barrel.

NFA weapons are not subject to 922(r).

Ergo, make it into an SBR and you can thread the barrel.
Link Posted: 12/12/2005 11:53:07 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Osprey,

I think you are wrong about an SBR and threading.

TRG

Could very well be, but that's how I understand it.  I've yet to find a definitive answer on the subject, anywhere.  
Link Posted: 12/12/2005 11:58:36 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 12/12/2005 12:00:04 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
As an import Title 1 firearm, the CX4 is subject to 922(r) and can not have a threaded barrel.

Again... where is the CX4 manufactured? There are Beretta plants in the US... are you sure they're not made in any of them as opposed to being imported?

I have no idea one way or another... you could tell me they're made on Mars by mutants and I'd believe you.
Link Posted: 12/12/2005 12:00:44 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 12/12/2005 12:12:08 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Again... where is the CX4 manufactured?

They are manufactured in Italy.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 7:19:59 PM EDT
[#18]
what about (sorry my spelling sucks tonight) intregly supressing it? does/do you have to remove the supressor? i know it "cool" to take the can off, but its quiet'er doing the brl. (ie:mp5 w/ a gemtec vs. mp5sd... ive tryed both, mp5sd wins in my book... or is the whole thing academic.  just a rant...aza
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 9:38:08 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 9:46:21 AM EDT
[#20]
when u SBR, YOU r the mfg'r, YOU are in the US..
a gun made IN the use is not a import..

Link Posted: 12/22/2005 9:36:20 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Again... where is the CX4 manufactured?

They are manufactured in Italy.

So how does that get around the import laws?
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 12:44:49 PM EDT
[#22]
Maybe the ATF is looking for photos for evidence.
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 6:34:24 PM EDT
[#23]
Everyones Storm is in the shop get'n fixed.....
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 6:11:34 PM EDT
[#24]
>>>
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 9:17:17 PM EDT
[#25]
So I take it this is a bad idea without the paperwork
ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=424309
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 4:25:51 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

I'm way confused now...
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 4:31:47 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm way confused now...

me too
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 4:52:12 AM EDT
[#28]
It's not confusing , the Storm is imported, covered under the 89 im-ort ban. Either come up with enough US parts , or make it NFA in order to put on an "evil feature" .. Just like all the kids making FALs and AKs these days.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 5:06:47 AM EDT
[#29]
Who here thinks the ATF will really come and shoot your dog if you thread the barrel on your Storm?
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 5:30:04 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
Who here thinks the ATF will really come and shoot your dog if you thread the barrel on your Storm?

So I woudl have to pay make it an SBR or get an NFA stamp even to put an FS on it. That I wouldn't worry about... most cops probably wouldn't even realize the Cx4 Storm doesn't normally have an FS. But are you saying you'd have to pay an extra $200 to suppress it on top of the $200 stamp for suppressing it or just the regular $200 stam for a suppressor.

I was told at a recent HTF dinner that all of that crap isn't even law, but something the ATF invented on its own and enforces but it has no legal substance whatsoever.

Anywho... I'm not worried about the ATF knocking down my door... I'm worried about not being able to actually shoot it at a range for fear that a jackboot will enter my lame and exit with my rifle. Sure i could break the "law" all day long and never get caught as long as I don't mind not being able to play with my toys.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 10:32:12 AM EDT
[#31]
I was told, in a call to the ATF office that the Storm was not imported as an AW, or as a parts gun, it was imported as a "Sporting Arm", it does not have evil features, and is not subject to 922r regulation therefore threading or putting an FH on it is legal, as the gun is not considered an AW.

I proceeded to thread/FH mine, and to be honest I'm not sweating bullets about the decision....but I guess the ATF folks I talked to could be wrong. At least I asked first.

According to what I have read of the 89' ban, here is the meat and taters:

According to the 925(d) business a firearm can be imported if it:

(1) it is not defined as a firearm under the National Firearms Act (NFA); (2) it is generally recognized as particularly suitable for or readily adaptable to sporting purposes; and (3) it is not a surplus military firearm.

Now, the Storm is not a surplus military rifle, is suitable for sporting purposes (bunghole stock, no FH, etc.), and it's not defined as an NFA firearm. Therefore, it's not 922(r) regulated. And, being no different than any other imported arm, can be modified with evil features.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 8:45:40 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
I was told, in a call to the ATF office that the Storm was not imported as an AW, or as a parts gun, it was imported as a "Sporting Arm", it does not have evil features, and is not subject to 922r regulation therefore threading or putting an FH on it is legal, as the gun is not considered an AW.

I proceeded to thread/FH mine, and to be honest I'm not sweating bullets about the decision....but I guess the ATF folks I talked to could be wrong. At least I asked first.

According to what I have read of the 89' ban, here is the meat and taters:

According to the 925(d) business a firearm can be imported if it:

(1) it is not defined as a firearm under the National Firearms Act (NFA); (2) it is generally recognized as particularly suitable for or readily adaptable to sporting purposes; and (3) it is not a surplus military firearm.

Now, the Storm is not a surplus military rifle, is suitable for sporting purposes (bunghole stock, no FH, etc.), and it's not defined as an NFA firearm. Therefore, it's not 922(r) regulated. And, being no different than any other imported arm, can be modified with evil features.

As far as I'm concerned that pretty well answers my question and puts any doubts or concerns to rest. Thanks man.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 5:53:16 AM EDT
[#33]
1.) How hard is it to remove/replace/swap out the barrel of a Cx4 Storm?

2.) How much accuracy/range would you sacrifice by shortening the barrel to just in front of where the barrel comes out of the receiver?

Link Posted: 1/23/2006 8:33:49 AM EDT
[#34]
Just found this:

Link to store

Link Posted: 1/23/2006 9:16:22 AM EDT
[#35]
I never thought I'd want a fake suppressor, but I just changed my mind... I'm pretty much dead set on getting a Cx4 Storm now. If Glock makes a carbine I'll just have to wait for the right moment to convince my wife I need one of those too. I've managed to talk myself out of the Oly/Glock for the time being.

I moved the below post over here because I'm seriously considering getting one of these vice the barrel shroud. I'm waiting to hear back from them on a few questions I had about it. For one, whether it aids or hinders the proper heat disipation of the barrel.

They offer volume purchase discounts for these so I'm wondering if anyone would be interested in a group buy, or if it would even be worth it?

ETA:
Just got a response from Michael Frost at MFI

pathfinder74,
I would not be 100% honest with you if I did not tell you that we are working on a special unit for Beretta USA which (assuming they have us produce them... soonest would be 05-2006). This model would have the Beretta Logo, CX logo and calibers etc.  That being said you may want to wait...  I have responded to the below both for the current M4 as well as the Beretta version (as we predict it will be).  No projected retail cost for this item and it would ONLY be available from Beretta USA.  Outer physical appearance will be near identical except small vent holes will be drilled deeper to reduce weight.  These would NOT utilize the MFI adapter system and thus would ONLY fit CX Storms in one of the three calibers.

1.) How much weight do these add to the rifle?
12.4 oz for current one...
6.7 oz for Beretta Model.

2.) Are these only for a specific caliber of Cx4 or will it fit on all of them?
All M4s are marked as you see them on the web site. (Current)
Beretta version will have marks as mentioned above.
Custom Lettering will be available (next production run as we do not have blanks at this time) for nay (non-trademark protected) logos / letters.  Up charge is $75.00 per unit. (1-5 units). 10+ units with same marking is $55.00 per unit.

3.) Does the fake suppressor interfere with the proper cooling/heat disipation of the barrel? Or does it aid in it?
Does nothing in either direction...

Pretty cool, huh?

source

NEW! BERETTA CX STORM ADAPTER
Now available... Outfit your CX Storm with our M4 Fake Silencer or SOCOM Universal Style Fake Silencer. We now make a special adapter for the Beretta CX Storm. These adapters solve the tapered barrel issue found on the Storm and allow 100% SOLID lock up to the barrel with no added time for centering. In this case the first set of set screws found at the exit hole end of the outer body lock to the adapter. The remaining 2 sets of set screws secure the outer body to the barrel. Please note that as there is only 5 inches of exposed barrel and the fact that the M4 Fake Silencer has a total length of 6.39 inches means that your total overall length of the weapon must increase by 1.39 inches even though the fake silencer is covering 100% of the exposed barrel.
As we make these on a needed basis please allow 2-3 days for us to modify existing adapters as well as a $15.00 up charge on any Fake Silencer (that would include the adapter) of a $15.00 up charge to the price of a short adapter if you only need the adapter.

FAKE SILENCERS COME WITH: One - Outer Body and One - Adapter.
Price: $125.00
(Style / Type of adapter depends on your weapon.)

SPECIAL VOLUME DISCOUNTS:
02+ Units @ $110.00 per unit.
05+ Units @ $105.00 per unit.
10+ Units @ $80.00 per unit.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top