Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/16/2006 1:02:45 PM EDT
i just picked one up today for a stellar price and awesome condition.. will post pics later
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 7:23:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Here is my Savage No 4 Mk. 1* 1943 production. It is still gooped up with cosmoline in these pictures. I can't wait to start the clean up.

Link Posted: 1/16/2006 9:11:57 PM EDT
[#2]
here's a few...

1917 BSA No1MkIII. Original barrel and all matching, kind of rare to see an early one in this shape undicked with.

Enfield 1918 No1MkIII.

1919 Lithgow No1mkIII....2nd MD marked.

1941 Lithgow No1mkIII.

1955 Fazakerly No4mk2. "Irish Contract" Enfield.

1945 BSA No5mk1, a pre-68 import.

1918 Eddystone P14....with volley sights intact.

1944 BSA No4mkIT Sniper, with No32mkII scope.

Here's some recent ones...

1942 Longbranch No4mkI*, a very nice, matching Longbranch.

A nice Fazakerly (1948), picked up at a swap show for $75.

Savage No4mkI, all matching.

Can ya tell I like Enfields?
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 4:15:02 AM EDT
[#3]
Hey swingset,

That is an awesome collection. I may now have to pick one up at the next gun show.

Do you have a "favorite" within your group?
Are they all as reliable and accurate as the other?
If you closed your eyes and shot a few rounds from each, would you be able to tell the difference?

Oh, did I mention that is an awesome collection?
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 4:50:38 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Hey SgtSauer,

That is an awesome collection. I may now have to pick one up at the next gun show.

Do you have a "favorite" within your group?
Are they all as reliable and accurate as the other?
If you closed your eyes and shot a few rounds from each, would you be able to tell the difference?

Oh, did I mention that is an awesome collection?

You mean me and not Sgt. by any chance?

I'll assume so and answer your question anyway...

My favorite is definately the No4T sniper. It's very very accurate, and super slick. Fultons of Bisley did the accurizing on Brit T's, and they knew their stuff. The trigger is wonderful, the scope is clear and the rifle shoulders well. Very fun gun to shoot.

As for reliable and accurate - it's awful hard to fuck up an Enfield....all mine work as advertised. The accuracy varies because of condition and wood/fit issues, but the worst of the guns is still combat accurate. The No4's tend to be more consistent, because of the trickier bedding of the No1's, but that's a generality. The 1941 Lithgow I have will shoot 2" groups even with the limited iron sights.

I don't know if I was handed all the guns blindfolded I could tell them all apart completely, but I know them well enough I could figure it out from the feel and triggers I think.

They're all great guns to shoot, tho. Not a bad one in the bunch.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 5:29:06 AM EDT
[#5]
swingset,

what .303 do you shoot?
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 11:08:10 AM EDT
[#6]
My collection to date (sorry for the crappy picture):

From left to right:
* Lithgow No1 MkIII (1917) still has magazine cutoff.
* Winchester Pattern 14 (unknown year)
* Savage No4 MkI* (1942)
* Fazakerly No5 MkI (8/44 fairly early date) FMP marked.

I also purchased an Ishapore 2A1 in .308 that I hope to receive next week.  Last on my list will be a .22 cal Enfield and then my basic Enfield collection will be complete.

LL
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 11:10:39 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
i just picked one up today for a stellar price and awesome condition.. will post pics later

show off!
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 12:01:09 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
swingset,

what .303 do you shoot?

Right now, any that I can get my hands on!

Seriously, I shoot the 50's radway green that SG was selling a while back alot, it's dirty but it goes bang and corrosive is easy enough to deal with. I also have some South African NC stuff left, but I tend to save it for the sniper or special occasions. It's great ammo.

I hoarded alot of .303, including HXP (Greek) and Yugo. The HXP gets used for fireforming.

I handload for my guns, for accuracy or for when the stash runs out. I have about 60 rounds of neck-sized brass per gun, which if you use good brass will last you a long, long time.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 1:24:31 PM EDT
[#9]

BSA No1Mk3
Lithgow No1Mk3
BSA No4Mk1
BSA No5

Savage No4Mk1
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 3:31:49 PM EDT
[#10]
Tag for later
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 3:53:16 PM EDT
[#11]
Here's my Faz No4 Mk1. It's for sale btw.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top