Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/15/2013 3:29:21 PM EDT
It's the first gun I shot as a kid.  My dad had it stored away and asked me to clean it up.  So here I am trying to figure out how to disassemble this sucker.  Like I said, this is what I know about it but Google isn't helping me any.  

It's a Savage Arms Revelation Model 115, bolt action, tube fed 22 rifle.  I can't find disassembly instructions anywhere to figure this out.  I looked on Savage Arms website but I think they only have the latest manuals.

Anyone have a clue where I can get a hold of one online?
Link Posted: 7/15/2013 8:45:49 PM EDT
[#1]
Revelation was a Western Auto name, if the cross reference is right, a Western Auto 115 was really a Savage 46. Heres a link to a schematic of the break down, if this is the right rifle you need to search for the Savage model 46.
http://www.gunpartscorp.com/Manufacturers/SavageStevensSpringfieldFox-33479/Rifles-40502/46-39780.htm
Link Posted: 7/16/2013 4:54:48 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Revelation was a Western Auto name, if the cross reference is right, a Western Auto 115 was really a Savage 46. Heres a link to a schematic of the break down, if this is the right rifle you need to search for the Savage model 46.

http://www.gunpartscorp.com/Manufacturers/SavageStevensSpringfieldFox-33479/Rifles-40502/46-39780.htm

Thanks, I really appreciate it.  It always amazes me that someone on the forum is bound to know the answer to anything firearm related.  

I looked on the link and see the schematic but can't seem to locate the manual.  Is that somewhere on the site?

Link Posted: 7/16/2013 9:34:09 AM EDT
[#3]
No, no manual there just the exploded view. I don't think they ever made a disassembly users manual with them rifles back then, it just had the operation guide and safety information along with the exploded view for parts. Hit You Tube and search for the Savage model number, you might get lucky with a video. There is some disassembly books out there that covers pretty much all firearms, Brownells use to sell them but there not cheap. Ive had a few of them apart before, but its been many years ago and I would have to look at it to remember how it comes apart.
Link Posted: 7/16/2013 10:52:38 AM EDT
[#4]
I've been looking on Google and YouTube and can't seem to find anything.  There's only one screw at the bottom to remove the stock but that's as far as I can go.  I'm sure there's some way to get the bolt out.  I hope I can find it.  This gun means a lot to me.
Link Posted: 7/16/2013 4:06:35 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I've been looking on Google and YouTube and can't seem to find anything.  There's only one screw at the bottom to remove the stock but that's as far as I can go.  I'm sure there's some way to get the bolt out.  I hope I can find it.  This gun means a lot to me.

How hard can it be? Got any pics after you took the stock off?
Link Posted: 7/16/2013 4:28:51 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

How hard can it be? Got any pics after you took the stock off?

http://i1318.photobucket.com/albums/t656/AlamTX/22lr/

My camera phone is not too good in this lighting.  I hope this helps.

Thank you, in advance.
Link Posted: 7/16/2013 5:47:01 PM EDT
[#7]
Like I said, its been a while! The trigger assembly has to be removed then the cap on the rear of the action will come out and the bolt will slide out the back. There is three screws that hold the assembly to the action, numbers 19, 21 and 22 in the exploded view. To the best of my memory in order to get to the screws you have to remove a couple pins to get the trigger assembly apart where you can get to the two screws that sit inside the trigger housing.
Link Posted: 7/17/2013 10:23:18 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Like I said, its been a while! The trigger assembly has to be removed then the cap on the rear of the action will come out and the bolt will slide out the back. There is three screws that hold the assembly to the action, numbers 19, 21 and 22 in the exploded view. To the best of my memory in order to get to the screws you have to remove a couple pins to get the trigger assembly apart where you can get to the two screws that sit inside the trigger housing.

That did the trick!  I took out pins 32 and 32A.  Then I took out screws 19 and 21.  22 is the big one and didn't need to come out.  The bolt is out and I'm cleaning this puppy up!

I do appreciate, very much, sir
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top