Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/22/2012 7:29:15 AM EDT
After seeing all the great work Hanging Tree Armory has done, I sent Tim my barrel to have him work his magic. Suppressors are a no-no in my state so I went a different route and opted out of the threading. Tim cut and crowned the barrel for me, and relocated the front sight. He did a superb job and I really like how the gun still has a factory look. If anyone is on the fence about having this done, DO IT. Tim charges $75 for the work and he even covers return shipping. Does anyone have an exact weight for an 18" Takedown with the factory sight base and no magazine? I'm interested to see what the weight savings is.

Link Posted: 12/22/2012 7:49:36 AM EDT
[#1]
Umm, TAG.

Nice work!!
Link Posted: 1/10/2013 11:54:00 AM EDT
[#2]
I ordered a Leupold 4x Rimfire, QRW Rings, and a scope base on black friday. I finally got the rings today . The Leupold scope base is really nice. It has a groove down the center that allows use of the factory iron sights when the base is mounted. My next project will be cutting up and fitting a Hogue Overmolded stock. I ordered the standard profile barrel version so I can utilize the factory barrel.

Link Posted: 1/10/2013 1:52:47 PM EDT
[#3]
I think you have the perfect setup, the barrel lenght, scope and all!
Ruger should have offered the Takedown with a 16" barrel from the get go.
Link Posted: 1/10/2013 2:04:56 PM EDT
[#4]
Needs an AGP folder.

Link Posted: 1/10/2013 2:55:19 PM EDT
[#5]
Prefect scope for that gun. I like it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top