Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/4/2010 4:58:48 PM EDT
Aside from buying the Volquartsen trigger assembly, what is the best way to improve the stock trigger on a 10/22?
Link Posted: 3/4/2010 5:02:45 PM EDT
[#1]
get one of the spring kits or search ebay for a guy that polishs all contact points.
Link Posted: 3/4/2010 5:15:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 3/4/2010 5:31:05 PM EDT
[#3]
The BEST way is to install a KID trigger.
The best cheap way for those with poor tool skills is to drop in a PowerCustom sear and hammer.
Link Posted: 3/4/2010 6:54:36 PM EDT
[#4]
How are the Hornet Precision trigger assemblies?
Link Posted: 3/4/2010 7:15:45 PM EDT
[#5]

That seems like a great price, I think I will send him my USP as well, thanks!
Link Posted: 3/5/2010 12:52:17 PM EDT
[#6]
I have had amazingly good experience installing the Volquartsen target hammer.

http://www.midwayusa.com/viewproduct/?productnumber=163143

I put this in both of my Ruger 10/22's, and the trigger weight and pull are just right. In fact I put back the
factory plunger spring because the replacement one from Volquartsen made the trigger pull too light!

Link Posted: 3/5/2010 1:29:24 PM EDT
[#7]
Volquartsen Hammer Only.
Link Posted: 3/5/2010 3:03:23 PM EDT
[#8]
i just dropped in the power customs hammer its awesome.  i used stock springs and dropped the shims in even though i dont see where those will help that much
Link Posted: 3/7/2010 6:17:44 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 3/7/2010 7:17:30 AM EDT
[#10]
Volquartsen hammer and sear kit. Available at GunKings with free shipping and at a lower price than many other online outlets.

DO NOT use any of the springs that come in the Volquartsen kit.
Link Posted: 3/7/2010 7:54:57 AM EDT
[#11]
I installed a Clark trigger and sear.  Cheap and effective.
Link Posted: 3/7/2010 10:43:34 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Volquartsen hammer and sear kit. Available at GunKings with free shipping and at a lower price than many other online outlets.

Why do you say not to use any of the springs that come in the kit? What will happen if you do?
Link Posted: 3/7/2010 1:30:17 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Why do you say not to use any of the springs that come in the kit? What will happen if you do?

Some guys have problems with light primer strikes and the trigger won't reset sometimes.

They do take a little off the trigger pull, but they are not as reliable as the factory Ruger springs.

ETA: I tried the trigger reset spring, my trigger failed to reset every time so I threw the factory one back in.

Link Posted: 3/7/2010 2:02:48 PM EDT
[#14]
RFC is your friend. The only thing I have bought was the vq hammer and extractor. I did the jb weld trick, bobby pin trick/post travel screw in existing trigger return hole. I have a 2.2lb trigger with slight creep, just the way I like it.
Link Posted: 3/8/2010 3:46:22 PM EDT
[#15]
Best bang for the buck - install a new hammer, I've used power custom and Volquartsen, both good choices.  Beyond that- let your wallet be your guide.
Link Posted: 3/8/2010 5:08:05 PM EDT
[#16]
I just sent my action to Bill Springfield for a trigger job, has anyone else done it, how do you like it?

I also sent him my USP, M&P, and Mosquito
Link Posted: 3/8/2010 6:02:56 PM EDT
[#17]
Story time (I'm not claiming that it's the best way)............

I bought and installed the VQ target hammer kit (it also came with springs).

But, I only installed the hammer with the included bushings and hammer shims/washers.........nothing else. The trigger now breaks on a 3 1/4 pound weight. Yes, I checked it with my NRA trigger weight set. BTW, I forgot to lube it during the installation.

Aloha, Mark
Link Posted: 3/9/2010 12:48:46 PM EDT
[#18]
I did all the DIY trigger mods found on RFC.  It's not as difficult as you might think and I have the satisfaction of knowing I did it.  The only thing I was a little nervous about was the DIY surface hardening heat treat and tempering.  The end result is a decently crisp 2 1/2 to 3 pound trigger pull.
Link Posted: 3/9/2010 12:55:11 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

How are the Hornet Precision trigger assemblies?

I have one, and it's a great trigger group.  Well worth the $100.

Link Posted: 3/9/2010 5:30:36 PM EDT
[#20]
Years ago I sent mine to Randy @ CPC and paid around $45 total, including return shipping; I'm not sure whether Randy is still doing 10/22 trigger work...

http://community-2.webtv.net/RandyAtCPC/CPC1022BoltRework/index.html

ETA: http://www.ct-precision.com/
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top