Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/17/2006 7:10:18 AM EDT

56K death...
Big pic
Forged Barrel markings

My wife was sick on Sunday.  Poor thing was in bed most of the day.  I had NO IDEA what to do that say so I grabbed my 2 year old son and off to Gander Mountain we went!  I was in the market for a Bolt Action 17HMR specimen like a CZ-453 American, but they didn't have any.  So I walked by the 10/22 aisle (ALWAYS A BAD IDEA) and it got rather attached to me.

I got home and THERE IT WAS HIDING IN THE TRUNK.  Just sitting there!  I told my wife "you won't believe what happened, damn thing followed me home"  With her eyes squinted and her mouth in a sneer she said "well!  let's see it!"

Wife:  "Wow honey, that's the nicest one you own"
(remarking about the laminated wood stock)

Wife:  "I like how black the barrel is"
Me: "Yeah... that bull barrel is going to lay it down"

Wife:  "I get to shoot that one when we go to the range, you shoot your old one you've modified"

Me:  "But babe, I have to zero it, and what not"
Wife: :: sneer returns ::

She's a good sport about guns.  Loves to shoot 22's with me.  Good times, great fun, God Bless America.  I'm looking for glass now.  Anybody favor something ideal for the 10/22?

Link Posted: 7/17/2006 11:36:03 AM EDT
[#1]
Very cool.  My wife and I were eating some bar bq yesterday and across the parking lot is a nice gun store.  They had one of the Ruger Race guns on the rack.  It had a nice feel to it, the wife even approved the purchase.  I ended up getting a used Buckmark for $199 and put it on layaway.

Link Posted: 7/17/2006 1:06:16 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I'm looking for glass now.  Anybody favor something ideal for the 10/22?

I have the same one except stainless, those 10/22T's sure are purdy.

I have 10/22 Picatinny rail, $29.95 at

www.jackweigand.com/1022.html

with Burris Zee Rings med height

also, the www.tacticalprecision.com/ram.htm has a good rep, for $5 more

as far as a scope goes, I am happy with the Bushnell Banner 6-24x 40mm Mil Dot AO for $117 @ Natchez SS:
www.bushnell.com/products/riflescopes/specs/71-6244.cfm

I really like high mgnification, AO and a mil dot reticle on a .22 rifle

and a Harris Bipod - HBL-S - Extends 9" to 13" Standard Legs, "S" Series (Swivels)
Link Posted: 7/20/2006 3:17:40 AM EDT
[#3]
Bro, first off nice plinker, my wife shoots all my new toys before I do. Tried to warn her about the garand clip tinging out but she wouldn't listen and it got a little black streak in her hair and she hasn't shot it since, now if I could only have the rest of my toys do this.
Link Posted: 7/20/2006 9:35:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Congrats!!!
Link Posted: 7/21/2006 1:22:48 AM EDT
[#5]
Great little rifle, you'll be pleased with it.
Link Posted: 7/21/2006 3:32:14 AM EDT
[#6]
If I'd gone out and bought a gun while my wife was sick in bed, the first thing she'd have done when she got out of bed is shoot me with it.
Link Posted: 7/21/2006 8:03:01 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
If I'd gone out and bought a gun while my wife was sick in bed, the first thing she'd have done when she got out of bed is shoot me with it.

Yeah... it almost went there.  I got lucky this time!  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top