Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/25/2011 12:34:40 PM EDT
Long story short, I've got wife interested in spending at least a few hours a month learning to shoot and have some confidence and competence on the basic HD/SHTF weapons systems in the house (M&P 9 mm and AR15).  She (and I) also want her to develop enough skills and confidence that she will start CCW soon too.  A CCW holster for her and a S&W M&P 9c are for another thread.

What I'm looking for now is something she can use at the range (first few times out I had her use my CR outer belt for USPSA with the Serpa holster attached or attached the Serpa to her belt), as well as keep by the bed/in the house for a HD situation.  I want keep things simple, yet practical.  Something with a quick connect/release buckle, retention style holster (either Serpa or Sarfariland), one or two extra pistol mag pouches (loaded), flashlght holder (Surefire G2 or similar) and maybe a pouch for her cell phone.  Maybe add one AR15 mag pouch down the line if she gets comfy with the AR's (jsut starting that now).

I'm building (or need to get started) my own battle/war belt using a BFG SOC-C belt as a base.  I still need to ID the right mix of pouches for me, etc, but the more I think about it, why not just make up one for her too?  But I'd like to hear what others are using for a wife and if the commonality/systems approach is of much benefit, etc.
Link Posted: 4/25/2011 4:03:27 PM EDT
[#1]
If you want another BFG SOC-C (That is what I run) for your wife, get a Safariland 6378 ALS holster for your S&W.  Hook it on a UBL subload holster that connects to the inner belt of your SOC-C and drops down 2 inches.   The UBL is solid polymer and has no wobble to it.  It is rock solid and doesn't require a leg strap.  

I didn't get the kit for my SOC-C so I use a 215 gear ultimate riggers belt for my internal belt.  it has a great QD release buckle on it and it is rock solid.    For pouches, I high recommend Tactical Tailor or Ten Speed Gear.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top