Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/21/2009 6:48:26 AM EDT
***title edited to protect what little dignity I have left in this post***

I've posted this bag in a number of threads and have been asked what I think of it.  Here's a review thread for it.  Comment and post away.

Rapid Deployment Pack

USPeaceKeeper Rapid Deployment Pack
*Erogonomic Shoulder Sling Pack
*Designed with Buckles for Quick Release
*Main Compartment with U-Shaped Zipper  (8-1/2"h x 7-1/2"w x 2-1/2"d)
*Inside Compartment Officers Wide Elastic Band & Front New Pocket (5"h x 6-1/2"w) to Help Organize Gear
Zippered Concealed Pocket (8-1/2" x 8"w)
*External Pouches; Two front double AR15 magazine, single pistol magazine pouch on side.
Zippered Side Pouch (6"h x 3"w x 1-1/2"d)
*Nylon webbing anchors to accommodate added modular pouches

Optional SUPPLY KIT

2- Pair of Nitrile (Powder Free) Gloves
1- Micro shield CPR Clear Mouth Barrier
3- H & H Compressed Gauze Bandages
1- Pair Trauma Shears
1- SOF Tactical Tourniquet
1- EZ Cuff Compact Handcuff

I bought this so I can stuff it into a tool box along with an AR15. In it, I carry a modified list from what's listed on Bravo's website.  Specifically - First aid kit, GPS, Mags, Protein Bar, Water, Headlamp, Radio. The gun is typically my KISS 14.5" Carbine.   Other possible useful adds, depending on your priorities and typical CCW kit include batteries, cleaning kit, multitool, binoculars, etc.

Regarding fit & function....the bag fits snug over your non-shooting side.  It doesn't anchor or clip anywhere though I suppose a real quick homegrown modification would fix that. I don't think it needs it though. My formal opinion of it's movement is as follows. I had pondered the same thing so I actually took the loaded bag out and went for a 2 mile run along the up & down power lines of Southern Maine. (Wish I had the carbine to balance the bag though). Anyway, If you look at the photo the contoured top section of the bag is formed so it hugs your waistline just below your back's lat muscle. Works very well for me and my build. If I was thicker in the mid-section I might feel differently about this bag for duckin and weavin' and jumpin' into a prone position as you would in a carbine course.  It's greatest advantage is the ability to disappear under your arm.

If you adjust the shoulder strap so it sits there in the sweet spot, it hardly moves at all and doesn't get in the way of normal arm movement. The textured material helps it stick too. The underside of the arm helps hold it in place as you move or run. Inevitably, if both hands are raised holding your carbine - the bag will sway slightly if you lean over. Even so, not enough to knock your balance as it hugs your profile. Soon as you stand up in nestles back into place.

Your slung carbine also holds the entire set up to your body. The sling over the strap of the bag forms an "X." It's a bug out bag to supplement a rapid "deployment." At least that's what Bravo Company tells me. In my limited experience, I agree. I'm glad I have it and find it to be a great supplement to a "Truck Gun." I wouldn't want to hump the bag several miles - but it's a great set up if you needed to GTFO in short order. I do find that to pull a mag out requires both hands to brace the bag and pull.

Is it better than a backpack? Only if you wanted something leaner.  Works well under a winter jacket too if you live in a cold environment....which I do. It's not a substitute for a good body harness or bug out bag - but it does have it's benefits. Highlighted by it's given name "Rapid Deployment Pack." If you had to grab your gun and go - this could serve you well.  Great accessory.  For the physical rigors of a carbine course or sustained field use - I'd opt for a chest rig.
Link Posted: 12/21/2009 7:00:19 AM EDT
[#1]
Man purse?
Link Posted: 12/21/2009 7:02:35 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Man purse?

Yes.
Link Posted: 12/21/2009 7:59:06 AM EDT
[#3]
Great review.  I have been on the fence about grabbing one of these.  I have a Maxpedition fat boy and just cant take the plunge to buy another shoulder bag.  I like the RDP because it actually is designed to hold 5.56 mags.  Looks like it holds enough gear to make a nice compliment to a trunk carbine.
Link Posted: 12/21/2009 8:10:03 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Great review.  I have been on the fence about grabbing one of these.  I have a Maxpedition fat boy and just cant take the plunge to buy another shoulder bag.  I like the RDP because it actually is designed to hold 5.56 mags.  Looks like it holds enough gear to make a nice compliment to a trunk carbine.

That was my thought.  It belongs in the truck, camp, boat, etc.
Link Posted: 12/21/2009 12:06:25 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 12/21/2009 3:52:26 PM EDT
[#6]
hey hokie

its US  not UN
Link Posted: 12/21/2009 4:33:24 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
hey hokie

its US  not UN

Link Posted: 12/21/2009 4:49:15 PM EDT
[#8]
I am disappointed, is the blue helmet or beret extra?
Link Posted: 12/21/2009 5:26:09 PM EDT
[#9]
Dammit!!!!!!

buncha lynch-mobbin' savages...., how in the hell did I screw that up?!?!  
Link Posted: 12/21/2009 5:41:32 PM EDT
[#10]
like it
Link Posted: 12/21/2009 7:46:50 PM EDT
[#11]
I have had one for about a year, its a great piece of kit
Link Posted: 12/22/2009 6:36:48 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Dammit!!!!!!

You been hanging out in the woods too long brother.

Good review man.
Link Posted: 12/22/2009 2:54:12 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Dammit!!!!!!

You been hanging out in the woods too long brother.

Good review man.

Not the first time I've heard that!  Happy Holidays Lumpmaster.
Link Posted: 12/22/2009 3:30:32 PM EDT
[#14]
Good review.

Been thinking about getting one myself.

Being a murse with a man bag, I don't have any shame in my game anymore.

If it works, run with it.

Link Posted: 12/22/2009 5:08:36 PM EDT
[#15]
Nice write up.  I have one as a grab and go in my trunk.  The only thing I don't like is the oversized (to me) pistol mag pouch on the side and the lack of colors it comes in.  I have the all black but an all OD would be better IMO than the black and OD model.
Link Posted: 12/22/2009 6:01:22 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Nice write up.  I have one as a grab and go in my trunk.  The only thing I don't like is the oversized (to me) pistol mag pouch on the side and the lack of colors it comes in.  I have the all black but an all OD would be better IMO than the black and OD model.

I keep a GPS unit in that pistol mag pouch - much more versatile...plus, the way I see it I'd never stuff pistol mags into that bag - it's for my carbine.  My CCW always has a spare mag nearby if needed...specifically on a belt clip I typically keep in the console of the truck.  I set my bag up for a quick bug out "from the truck."  It essentially accounts for a 15 mile trip home under duress....which is a typical drive from where I work.

Link Posted: 12/22/2009 6:05:11 PM EDT
[#17]
Good point on the pistol mag.  I've got a CAT (tourniquet) in mine right now.
Link Posted: 12/22/2009 7:33:48 PM EDT
[#18]
Thanks for the review.  Looks like you have a lot of thought into the kit and its contents.  Nice rifle too.

Sorry, can't follow the purse thing.
Link Posted: 12/22/2009 7:47:51 PM EDT
[#19]
They remind me alot of the muzzleloader bags, which remind me of a purse.  For some situations you do not want/need to grap a chest rig.  The Peace Keeper fills that roll.  Mags and a cleaning kit, easy on easy off.
Link Posted: 12/22/2009 8:21:20 PM EDT
[#20]
American made?
Link Posted: 2/23/2010 5:14:50 PM EDT
[#21]
No idea, I'll check later if I remember.  It's well built, I can vouch for that.
Link Posted: 2/23/2010 5:20:30 PM EDT
[#22]
Its not a man purse, its a satchel, Indiana Jones had one.

Sorry, had to.........
Link Posted: 2/28/2010 7:31:19 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
American made?

they are made in china

overall, its a decently made one...hope it lasts
Link Posted: 2/28/2010 8:10:59 AM EDT
[#24]
oh, i forgot:

if you want to compare its nylon construction, say to a maxpedition, the nylon on this RDB is not up to the same spif...its more plyible, and "thinner" (like on the mag pouch flaps, etc) vs the stuff that maxpedition makes (my max stuff has all been made in taiwan, but been GTG and tough)
Link Posted: 4/16/2010 2:40:01 AM EDT
[#25]
You call that rifle KISS?

Anyway, thanks for the review, I like mine.
Link Posted: 4/16/2010 4:34:11 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
You call that rifle KISS?

Anyway, thanks for the review, I like mine.

Nah ... that AR is an expensive paparazzi whore that I don't shoot enough to justify all the shit hanging off it.  

In contrast - this cheap Bushmaster carbine gets used like a wet rag doll and would be the one I'd reach for in the event I needed to expell a bunch of a ammunition in short order.  Funny how that works.  My favorite AR is the crudest version of everything in the safe.

Link Posted: 5/10/2010 5:10:01 AM EDT
[#27]
I have one of these myself and am pretty pleased with it. I agree, I wish it had been made in the US (I'd be willing pay a premium for it), or anywhere other than China. Either way, we'll see how long it lasts, but it's very comfortable, and just the right size for a go-bag/man-satchel.
Link Posted: 5/19/2010 2:37:18 AM EDT
[#28]
Thanks Hokie for the review and everyone's input.   I think I'm gonna get this on OD.  I really like the idea of a trunk bag.  I keep my AR with me and this would be a great addition.  I originally saw these on Area51tactical.com for $34.95.  Sounds like a good deal to me.
Link Posted: 5/19/2010 2:49:01 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Thanks Hokie for the review and everyone's input.   I think I'm gonna get this on OD. I really like the idea of a trunk bag.  I keep my AR with me and this would be a great addition.  I originally saw these on Area51tactical.com for $34.95.  Sounds like a good deal to me.

That's where I stuff mine. I've been collapsing the AR and stuffing that into a 26" empty tool box wrapped in a beach towel.  The bag gets stuff in there with it.  The inserta-tray goes on top.  Holds batteries, old E-Trex GPS, headlamp, old leatherman, first aid kit etc.  I have another pelican case in the truck that holds outerwear, a larger first aid kit, portable CB, candle lantern, air horn, toilet paper, lighter/matches, etc.  The rest of the truck box has all the tools one would .... want in a do-it-all truck.  I just consider it part of the inventory now.  Goes wherever the gun goes.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top