Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/5/2008 8:46:35 PM EDT
My ACU 1st Line reached the 95% solution tonight.

I've been running it during training sessions at the local range to test out fit and function of the various pieces and parts.

The quest for a belt that met my requirements was difficult. I recently sold my CR Speed belt and magazine pouches that I had used as my 1st Line in Group a few years ago. I wanted something equally stiff and supportive of gear, that mated well with the Extra-Large ATS War Belt (for maximum real estate), and that was 100% Foliage Green. I intially ordered a Tactical Tailor duty belt, but with the XL War Belt, I couldn't properly close the belt. The Patriot Belt is a piece of 2" kydex with loop Velcro inside and out. It is very lightweight and VERY stiff . . . BUT, it came with a 2.25" black Fastex buckle. So, I finally was able to track down a Foliage Green Cop-Lock buckle (installed that tonight).

Functionality review:

- 6285 holster far exceeds my expectations. My Dad just inherited my old desert camo 6004 dropleg. I have two of the T Spacers installed right now, but I will be cutting out at least one (and perhaps both) to reduce the torquing of the holster on the draw. Being in TRADOC, I don't have any armor issued to me to tune the holster for use with armor (anyone wanna hook me up??).

- FASTmag pouch mounted on my left hip (facing down) works PERFECTLY!! You absolutely cannot tell that it's there (no digging into your side OR your leg) but is very easy grasped for quick reloading.

Current Composition:
- Beretta 92G w/ Mec-Gar 20rd AFC magazine
- ATS War Belt, XL
- Patriot Outfitters 2" duty belt, large
- Cop-Lok buckle, 2.25"
- Safariland 6285 holster
- Eagle FB pistol mag pouch w/ (2) Mec-Gar 15rd magazines w/ Beretta mag bumpers
- FASTmag M4 mag pouch (w/ HK HRM)
- TT E&E pouch
- TT compass pouch
- TT knife pouch
- Gem-Tech lanyard

Link Posted: 12/6/2008 4:17:02 AM EDT
[#1]
Nice Bat-Belt, looks like a good minimalist rig. Also still looks low enough profile for use under IOTV if and when needed.
cp
Link Posted: 12/6/2008 9:48:18 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Also still looks low enough profile for use under IOTV if and when needed.

Excellent.  I had hoped so, since that's why I built this!
Link Posted: 12/6/2008 10:03:56 AM EDT
[#3]
who makes that patriot belt?
Link Posted: 12/6/2008 1:31:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
who makes that patriot belt?

This used to be the link to the belt:
http://www.patriotoutfittersusa.com/PPM_Duty_Belt_P697.cfm

I checked their site, and I don't see it listed anymore.  You might want to give Patriot Outfitters a call and see what they can do for you.
Link Posted: 12/15/2008 11:04:11 AM EDT
[#5]
I like that set up I'm gonna have to build one kinda like that now, I run a Molle plate carrier with all my shit on it now but would/could carry more without weight being an issue. Great pic by the way.
Link Posted: 12/17/2008 11:26:17 AM EDT
[#6]
Cool.

So if you lost that entire rig, as it is pictured, how much money would you be out?
Link Posted: 12/17/2008 4:05:44 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Cool.

So if you lost that entire rig, as it is pictured, how much money would you be out?

If you're just referring to the rig, I don't rightly know.  I've put it together piece-by-piece over the last year or so.
Link Posted: 12/17/2008 4:15:17 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
My ACU 1st Line reached the 95% solution tonight.

- 6285 holster far exceeds my expectations. My Dad just inherited my old desert camo 6004 dropleg. I have two of the T Spacers installed right now, but I will be cutting out at least one (and perhaps both) to reduce the torquing of the holster on the draw. Being in TRADOC, I don't have any armor issued to me to tune the holster for use with armor (anyone wanna hook me up??).

http://photosfromclarksylvania.smugmug.com/photos/431090712_HiDV9-XL-1.jpg

What size are you? I can probably help.
Link Posted: 12/17/2008 5:08:18 PM EDT
[#9]
Very nice!  How does the holster attach?  
Link Posted: 12/17/2008 5:18:38 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Very nice!  How does the holster attach?  

The 6285 holster comes with the Safariland 6075 1.5" drop UBL.  You just slot the belt through the loops.

Link Posted: 12/19/2008 2:11:06 PM EDT
[#11]
What are your thoughts on the Fast Mag system? Seems like in theory it would be very fast but I am not sure how I like the idea of pulling down then coming back up. Then again I've trained myself to go in the opposite direction so I suppose anything is workable with training. Is it that much faster than a standard vertical mag holder?

Steve
Link Posted: 12/19/2008 2:59:43 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
What are your thoughts on the Fast Mag system? Seems like in theory it would be very fast but I am not sure how I like the idea of pulling down then coming back up. Then again I've trained myself to go in the opposite direction so I suppose anything is workable with training. Is it that much faster than a standard vertical mag holder?

You can mount it facing up, if you want.

I chose to mount it facing down after seeing the Military Moron review on the FAST Mag.  Something that always concerned me was the difficulty I had getting to the magazines on my belt when I was wearing my 1st Line with armor.  I never had an M4 mag on my 1st Line before, but I instinctively knew that if I had one, it had to be either horizontal or inverted, IOT prevent interference with armor.

Pulling down to go up might not be the fastest reload in the world, but it provides a spare mag on the 1st Line that is completely non-interfering.  Once the 2nd Line is donned, then IMHO, all reloads should proceed from there.
Link Posted: 12/19/2008 3:29:23 PM EDT
[#13]
Got it, I'm tracking now. Oh, and I think I have an armor set up for you, bit of a mis match but I dug up some plates as well.

Steve
Link Posted: 12/19/2008 4:27:12 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Got it, I'm tracking now. Oh, and I think I have an armor set up for you, bit of a mis match but I dug up some plates as well.

Great!

I just finished my last paper of the semester and fired it into cyberspace!!
Link Posted: 5/28/2009 3:05:27 AM EDT
[#15]
Great belt setup, I'm going to build one.
Link Posted: 5/28/2009 10:29:45 AM EDT
[#16]
LOL, Holy Thread Resurrection Batman!

This thread inspired me to get my ATS warbelt, and so far I'm very happy with it.  I use it for USPSA, I've got an HSGI quad mag pouch, rolly poly, and Bladetech DOH on it.  Thinking about switching to those eagle pistol mag pouches, the HSGI ones are a bit over the top for my needs.
Link Posted: 5/28/2009 6:16:04 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

This thread inspired me to get my ATS warbelt, and so far I'm very happy with it.  I use it for USPSA, I've got an HSGI quad mag pouch, rolly poly, and Bladetech DOH on it.  Thinking about switching to those eagle pistol mag pouches, the HSGI ones are a bit over the top for my needs.

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.  

Post up some pix, drew5337.  I'd love to see how your rig turned out!

Below is the latest incarnation of mine.  I swapped the location of the FAST mag carrier and the Eagle FB MOLLE pouch.  I couldn't access the pistol mags cleanly since my BFG Trauma Kit NOW! rides above their previous location.

Link Posted: 6/22/2009 7:25:07 PM EDT
[#18]
When/where do you wear this?  Is this always on you?  Does it fit with an IBA/IOTV?  Do you wear it daily around the FOB?
Link Posted: 6/22/2009 8:25:52 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
When/where do you wear this?  Is this always on you?  Does it fit with an IBA/IOTV?  Do you wear it daily around the FOB?

Haven't had a chance to wear it downrange yet.

It is plenty comfortable for a day's training on the range (0700 to 1700).  I have worn it with an OTV, and it works fine.  It also works well seated in a vehicle.
Link Posted: 6/22/2009 8:29:41 PM EDT
[#20]
With a name like WARBELT it even sounds badass! Cool setup.
Link Posted: 6/23/2009 1:02:51 PM EDT
[#21]
Tag for later.
Link Posted: 6/23/2009 4:47:09 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.  

Post up some pix, drew5337.  I'd love to see how your rig turned out!

Below is the latest incarnation of mine.  I swapped the location of the FAST mag carrier and the Eagle FB MOLLE pouch.  I couldn't access the pistol mags cleanly since my BFG Trauma Kit NOW! rides above their previous location.

http://photosfromclarksylvania.smugmug.com/photos/524589614_Aq3vp-M-2.jpg

From left to right what gear/pouches do you have?  Is that a MP Dump pouch?
Link Posted: 6/23/2009 5:53:50 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

From left to right what gear/pouches do you have?  Is that a MP Dump pouch?

Current Composition (from L/R):
- TT compass pouch
- FASTmag M4 mag pouch (w/ HK HRM)
- Eagle FB pistol mag pouch w/ (2) Mec-Gar 15rd magazines w/ Beretta mag bumpers
- Maxpedition Mega Rolly-Poly dump pouch
- TT E&E pouch
- Gem-Tech lanyard
- Safariland 6285 holster
- TT knife pouch
Link Posted: 6/24/2009 7:35:23 PM EDT
[#24]
does it stay up and in place well?
do you need suspenders or anything?
Link Posted: 6/25/2009 2:20:48 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
does it stay up and in place well?
do you need suspenders or anything?

It rides on my hips.  When I run around (w/o an OTV on), it tends to ride up a little, but settle back down again quite nicely.

I bought the ATS suspenders to go along with it, but I never needed them.
Link Posted: 6/27/2009 7:45:17 PM EDT
[#26]
I'm thinking about putting a 20rd PMAG on my first line with a ITW Fastmag.  Could you list what is in your EE pouch and if you have a small aid kit on your first line what is in it?  Can you also show your 2nd/3rd line setup?  You and I seem to have taste that are close, so I'm interested.

Here is my 2nd Line, below it is all I have for a 1st line so far.
http://i40.tinypic.com/5wkm8n.jpg
2nd Line
TT MAV 2 piece w/ Center adapter and X Harness
TT Hydration Carrier w/ Source 3L Bladder
L to R
2x TT Shingles with PMAGS
1x TT 3 Mag Pouch with 2 PMAGS + Ranger plates
1x TT Multi-Purpose Pouch (PVS-14)
1x 20z Bottle Pouch, replaced tomorrow with TT Joey Hydration for 32oz Nalgene
1x BFG TKN w/ TQN
1x TT Small Utility Pouch (Misc)
1x TT 3 Mag Pouch with 2 PMAGS + Ranger plates
1x TT Shingle

3rd Line
All I have so far is an ATS RAID, looking at an ATS RAID Cobra
Link Posted: 6/28/2009 4:29:17 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I'm thinking about putting a 20rd PMAG on my first line with a ITW Fastmag.  Could you list what is in your EE pouch and if you have a small aid kit on your first line what is in it?  Can you also show your 2nd/3rd line setup?  You and I seem to have taste that are close, so I'm interested.

Here is my 2nd Line, below it is all I have for a 1st line so far.

All I have so far is an ATS RAID, looking at an ATS RAID Cobra

mattycM16, you are correct that our tastes are very similar!  That's a very nice 2nd Line!  Here's mine:

ATS M4 Modular Chest Harness w/ four PMAG's
Eagle FB MOLLE M4 mag pouch w/ one PMAG
Maxpedition Monkey Admin Pouch
Eagle FB MOLLE M9 double mag pouch
BFG TKN!

What I like about your 2nd Line is that you appear to have more real estate for pouches than I do on the ATS M4 MCH.  You also have the TT X-Harness, which allows for you to carry a hydration system on your 2nd Line.  I have no place to put water, except in my ATS RAID (see, I told you were right about our tastes).  The Eagle M4 mag pouch is just there as a place-holder, until I replace it with a DBT BattleLab radio pouch.  Given my job, I really don't anticipate needing more than four M4 mags on my 2nd Line.

I also need to buy the Benchmade Rescue Hook for the pouch on the side of the TKN!, as well as acquire a unit or two of Combat Gauze.  I've been looking at tourniquets, and I've been thinking about getting the MAT.

I don't have any pix of my RAID (which currently has a utility pouch and an ATS CLAP on the front).  I still need to get two good Nalgene bottle pouches to put on the sides.  As for my E&E pouch, so far (off the top of my head), it has:

space blanket
USGI signaling mirror
small U.S. flag
USGI magnesium firestarter
water purification tabs
15' 550 cord
chemlight
pack of handwarmers
small red stuff sack

SNS
Link Posted: 6/28/2009 12:11:25 PM EDT
[#28]
Nice, I'm thinking about putting a small EE pouch on my 1st line.  I plan on getting the BFG SOC-C belt, once I get around to buying.  Should be soon though, I think I'm also going to get an ATS RAID Cobra 1-day pack.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top