Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 5:26:19 AM EDT
[#1]
my current wallpaper

Link Posted: 5/8/2007 9:08:48 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/8/2007 10:23:37 AM EDT
[#3]
Wow, there are a lot of tricky camera distortions of ACUs in this thread.  

I wonder how many posts there would be in this thread if you took out all the internet commando opinions based solely on photographs.  

As a soldier who wears this stuff and has actually seen it in the field, I acknowledge that it has some problems as well as some pluses.  I really don't see the switch as being the end of the world as some of you civilians may think.  

If you don't have to wear ACUs, then just keep your uninformed opinions to yourself and keep buying Multicam.
Link Posted: 5/8/2007 11:51:27 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

I wonder how many posts there would be in this thread if you took out all the internet commando opinions based solely on photographs.  

As a soldier who wears this stuff and has actually seen it in the field, I acknowledge that it has some problems as well as some pluses.  I really don't see the switch as being the end of the world as some of you civilians may think.  

If you don't have to wear ACUs, then just keep your uninformed opinions to yourself and keep buying Multicam.

I've seen it in the field too and I disagree.  The cut is good, the pattern is good, it's the color choices that suck.
Link Posted: 5/8/2007 12:14:37 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I've seen it in the field too and I disagree.  The cut is good, the pattern is good, it's the color choices that suck.

Maybe - but I think his point is what mine has been - the pictures used here to "highlight" the flaws are not at all what the actual uniform looks like.  Heck, I'm wearing it now (lunch break, and it is closer to the "corrected" image above than the "original."
Link Posted: 5/8/2007 1:07:04 PM EDT
[#6]
it's simple, it works for desert but "sucks" everywhere else, if the army had to fight a quick fight such as just cause in panama, do you honestly think they'd wear acus in the jungle or a woodland environment. If they did they'd sentence a lot of troops to death.
It's 1 thing to have something that could be better that's not a priority, it's another thing to have something that will get you liked end of story. The acu's should be opposed as much as possible, before a lot of troops die without cause to make the argument for a change.

the scariest thing about the acu's is that you have to consider that this was actually approved by high ups in the army, so what else are they going to drop the ball with or sell out for.
Link Posted: 5/8/2007 2:14:12 PM EDT
[#7]
Ahh yes, I knew this thread wouldn't die. It doesn't matter what the topic is- Fine women, nice cars, a juicy steak or taxes, the conversation will ultimately end up on how hidious the ACU/UCP is. Don't ask why, no one knows. It's simply human nature.

I wear it and have accepted the fact that it's hear to stay, however, personally, I welcome, entice and nurture the hate, for UCP is undeniable proof and a glowing icon(no pun intended) of the stupidity of man.
Link Posted: 5/8/2007 5:46:28 PM EDT
[#8]
ok as a soldier who had to use the damn things in the field i found 2 things out that people may or may not have said already and im too lazy to read 33 pages

1. they work when they are dirty, after a few days in the field (astan) covered in dust, they blend in well to the enviroment however its the dust that gives the brown color on the other side of this in a green enviroment (Dix, Bragg) when grass stained, mud rolled, wet and sandy they again work well

2. when 8 or 9 soldiers are all ACU'ed out and standing around you cant tell one from the other, old young, male female dosent stand out, you also cant tell where the armor ends and the utilites begin, its also very intimidating, i call this the stormtrooper effect with the zebra theory of camo, they blend into each other

now ive combated this personally by bending the rules a little my specops OTV is tan with all tan or coyote brown pouches and some OD spray paint, works well, my rifle has a nice 3color desert spandoflauge cover and i wear tan gloves, patches, knee pad, it breaks up the outline and blends in well, sorry no pics. hopefully we get some multicam until then i have one pair for special occasions
Link Posted: 5/8/2007 5:52:51 PM EDT
[#9]
PLEASE LET THIS THREAD DIE.
Link Posted: 5/8/2007 7:35:14 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Maybe - but I think his point is what mine has been - the pictures used here to "highlight" the flaws are not at all what the actual uniform looks like.  Heck, I'm wearing it now (lunch break, and it is closer to the "corrected" image above than the "original."

The colors do suck to a certain extent, but not enough to mean the world is going to end like many here seem to think.  That is what you will get when you try to come up with a universal patern.  It isn't going to be perfect everywhere.

Some of the early versions of the ACUs do look like the before picture above, but the versions in clothing and sales now, look much closer to the revised picture.
Link Posted: 5/8/2007 7:46:56 PM EDT
[#11]
Get a grip army dog, every homeboy and immigrant joins the army.  Ooh fuckin rah.

That's right, Beeyotch ... to The United States Army!!!!  
We invented digital camouflage.
Link Posted: 5/8/2007 8:33:15 PM EDT
[#12]
I've been slowly adding to my tests of different camo's between bdu's, marpat, multicam and acu's in a post, I just posted some of the 1st acu photos

it might be interesting to some people

ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=572663
Link Posted: 5/9/2007 8:54:25 PM EDT
[#13]
Jesus effing Christ. The guy in the right background would be a prime target:

Link Posted: 5/9/2007 9:44:51 PM EDT
[#14]
What most of you numbnuts seem blissfully unaware of is that 70% of modern combat occurs at night, and more than two thirds of that occurs in urban areas.

The second thing that the internet commandos fail to ascertain is that not being observed has a lot more to do with cover, concealment, movement and use of terrain than any camoflage pattern.

I don't even particularly like ACU, but some of you guys are just plain ignorant of what's really important.
Link Posted: 5/10/2007 3:17:57 AM EDT
[#15]
What most of you numbnuts seem blissfully unaware of is that 70% of modern combat occurs at night, and more than two thirds of that occurs in urban areas.

where did you get that figure? I doubt that's really the case.
The u.s. has hardly done 2/3rds of it's fighting in wars in urban areas.
Just because iraq has a lot of it doesn't mean much in the big scheme.

The second thing that the internet commandos fail to ascertain is that not being observed has a lot more to do with cover, concealment, movement and use of terrain than any camoflage pattern.

That has something to do with it, but wearing say bright colors in non bright environments is a very bad idea. There's simply to many times when troops aren't all sneaking around and hiding.
and we're not all internet commandos either.

I don't even particularly like ACU, but some of you guys are just plain ignorant of what's really important.

So then what's your beef with them?
Link Posted: 5/10/2007 4:29:10 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
muzepix.com/ar/camo/070428-A-5107S-028-800.gif

Haha, mine look like that second "tan" color more than the blue after about a weeks worth of wear.  Good thing now we're getting into triple digits again the heat cooks off a lot of the stink again.
Link Posted: 5/10/2007 4:59:40 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Get a grip army dog, every homeboy and immigrant joins the army.  Ooh fuckin rah.

What are you saying, dude?
Link Posted: 5/10/2007 10:24:26 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

where did you get that figure? I doubt that's really the case.
The u.s. has hardly done 2/3rds of it's fighting in wars in urban areas.
Just because iraq has a lot of it doesn't mean much in the big scheme.

That has something to do with it, but wearing say bright colors in non bright environments is a very bad idea. There's simply to many times when troops aren't all sneaking around and hiding.
and we're not all internet commandos either.

So then what's your beef with them?

Wearing UCP in woodland/jungle areas is simple idiocy.
Page / 18
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top