Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 3/6/2006 12:57:01 PM EDT
Just curious if anyone has heard from Jon Nelson in the last few months... As you can guess, I'm one of the people who is owed gear kept getting a lot of promises of "2 weeks", "2 weeks", and am getting ready to do something about it. If anyone else is in the same boat and want to post or conact me privately, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks,

Dave
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 1:52:57 PM EDT
[#1]
Are you in the 18 month + club?  if not then you ought to contact him through his website rather than make thinly veiled threats, there ARE folks in harms way getting their gear from RG, and civ orders does take a certain priority.

Link Posted: 3/6/2006 5:10:51 PM EDT
[#2]

He held my money for 12 months before I got my dump pouch.  I was emailing about twice a month receiving promise after promise in return.  I finally gave up and sent my final email letting him know that I was not happy.  I had written my $25 off to lesson learned and then one day, my dumper showed up.  Sorry you are having to go through this as well, but I would imagine that you will get your stuff...eventually.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 4:37:29 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Are you in the 18 month + club?  if not then you ought to contact him through his website rather than make thinly veiled threats, there ARE folks in harms way getting their gear from RG, and civ orders does take a certain priority.

What makes you so sure that I haven't tried contacting him? In the past when myself and others have merely enquired about Jon on this site, there was never a time where a cheerleader of his failed to pipe in and gave the old "These pieces of gear are going to people who need them and not to a WANNABE like you!". Ok. Here's MY side of it.

When I came across the rifle case and 8 mag pouch on Military Morons, I didn't have any clue who Jon Nelson or RecceGear was. I just saw a cool case and clicked the email link. Jon was easy to get ahold of and send money to, quoted me a 6-8 week delivery time. No trouble there. At 4 months, I started emailing him. Kept hearing "you'll have your order in 2 weeks". When I say I started emailing him, I mean I emailed him every month and a half to two months and asked about my order. I didn't pester him because I don't think I should have to. The last time I tried to contact him was and was successful in getting a reply was on the 8th of Oct. I've made attempts to get ahold of him twice since then with no results.

In the time that has passed since I last heard from him he has launched a new and very sophisticated website. You know, checkouts, cart ordering etc. To my view, this is NOT indicitive of a one-man business where every last waking breath is spent making desperately needed gear for the "front lines" and all that bullshit. If you are 18 months behind in your word of mouth customer orders, you do NOT open up a large commercial website with the implied promise that there is a product to be sold. So, this business about getting them to the troops first-I don't give a shit about that anymore. The fact is that I was lied to when I placed the order (there was already a 1 year backlog on the case I ordered), lied to several times since, and now can't get ahold of him.

Like the Cheerleaders, there have also been a few people who told me to suck it up and get in line behind them as they have had their orders in longer than I have. I'm inviting these people to join me in the event that someone here doesn't have a way to contact Jon and file a complaint with the BBB. I don't like having to do it, but from where it stands now, it doesn't look like I'll be getting my product-or money-anytime soon if ever. In his last email I got a story about how he had been training, was going to school, yadda-yadda. You know what? I've got a 6-7 day a week job and have run a business out of my house andI never had to "2 Weeks, 2 more weeks" anyone a year after their order was placed.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 9:01:39 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 3:21:34 AM EDT
[#5]
Luckily, I did use a USPS MO and sent it snail mail. Helps having that little extra in your corner..
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 6:40:04 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 9:15:03 AM EDT
[#7]
The wait is the only thing that has kept me from ordering stuff from him.  It gets awesome reviews and he makes some really neat stuff, but I don't want to wait for a year when TT/Eagle/etc can have something to me in two weeks.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 1:48:45 PM EDT
[#8]
He has a website? What is it, maybe the email addy I have for him is no longer any good.

I had written off my order as a loss, I figured he was no longer in business. Like Dave, I got the "two weeks" things many times, then a "I sent that order out already, I'll send you a new one." Finally I  stopped getting any responses to emails. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt though since he seemed like a good guy.

Egg, I understand the guys overseas deserve first priority, but it's funny you mention that when  I keep seeing airsofters posting their shit on the gear sites when I've been waiting 30 months for a simple dump pouch. I may not be mil., but at least I carry a gun for a living.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 5:50:28 PM EDT
[#9]

Like I said...I finally got my dump pouch but had basically written it off.  The only thing I found curious was that the first few times I emailed him, he replied in a day or two.  Once the Paypal transaction went through, it got harder and harder to contact him until I got to the point where I figured I was just out the money.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 2:48:34 AM EDT
[#10]
reccegear.com/

Here's his new website.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 5:46:27 PM EDT
[#11]
There is a long line of people that have given Jon money, and have never gotten anything.  This includes people that are going in and are in harms way.

I would highly recommend steering clear away from him.  I made a $130 mistake.  Learn from it.

Bigfeet
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 4:09:26 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 4:25:39 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:The original agreement/contract between you two called for 6-8 weeks.  I Would file with his state Attorney General because this is unacceptable.  I agree with you on this matter and using "the troops" as an excuse for such a long period is a shitty way to pass the buck.  good luck.

Probably not a bad idea, I went to his fundraising dinner with the Michigan NFA crew on Friday night....
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 8:35:10 AM EDT
[#14]
Yea I've recently gotten the long wait on a custom pouch also. Wouldn't mind had I not payed a deposit in hopes to avoid the problem. So now I must hassle him for rebate or just make the goods.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 8:54:33 AM EDT
[#15]
Ordered a dump from him back in November, emailed him a couple times as to the status of it and was told I would have by Christmas. It is now halfway through March.

gg
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 12:38:22 PM EDT
[#16]
Someone here gave me his Ph. #, and I have a final email in to Jon. I'll give it a day more until I call him at home and give him the WTF. I was pretty blunt in my email, just hope that he's home and not "on a training excercise"..
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 1:22:14 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Someone here gave me his Ph. #, and I have a final email in to Jon. I'll give it a day more until I call him at home and give him the WTF. I was pretty blunt in my email, just hope that he's home and not "on a training excercise"..

The interesting part is that he has been spoken of highly by some of the instructors out there.

Please keep us posted, as I would love to get my money back.

Bigfeet
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 1:46:01 PM EDT
[#18]
Yeah its good stuff from what I gather, but I'm not too entirely please about the turn around time, if there is going to be one at all on my money lol.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 2:52:16 PM EDT
[#19]
Any news?

I also sent an email on my order.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 4:38:51 PM EDT
[#20]

Bump.

Bigfeet
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 7:30:53 AM EDT
[#21]
Well, I've tried him at home-no love.

I had a buddy place a product inquiry on his website and he hasn't gotten a response since this thread started... Maybe he's off "training" again?
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 6:09:49 AM EDT
[#22]
I ordered  my iak in febuary  was told by jon  i have batch ready in 3-4 weeks he says......... well guess what nothing here no replies no nadda!
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 8:49:07 AM EDT
[#23]
Speak of the devil.............. i just  got an email from jon............  he was out of town  for abit
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 12:04:48 PM EDT
[#24]
Yep, same here. Just got one too!
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 5:29:01 PM EDT
[#25]
Me three! W00t!
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 6:03:35 PM EDT
[#26]

No e-mail for me.  I guess my money does not count.

Bigfeet
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 5:57:46 AM EDT
[#27]
I got a message from him yesterday on my voicemail, will return his call today.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 1:28:16 PM EDT
[#28]

Funny, I got an e-mail today:

Bigfeet,

Sorry for not getting back to you sooner, I have been attending a military course at Ft. Leonard Wood, MO and have not had internet access until yesterday.  I owe you a refund for the two dump pouches that were not delivered, where would you like your refund sent?

Sorry to have inconvenienced you in any way.

Jon

So, I hit the reply button and send him the information.  Guess what happens...

... The e-mail address bounces.

Bigfeet
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 6:44:18 AM EDT
[#29]
I just spoke to him, and gave him another 2 weeks.. He asked me to send an email through his website with my shipping address, hope it gets to him.

I'll post when I see my stuff, but I still plan to sick the BBB or AG's office on him if I don't get my order at the 1 year mark or his 2 weeks are up, which ever's longer
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 8:09:06 PM EDT
[#30]
Tag
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 3:52:12 AM EDT
[#31]
Just got an address confirmation email from his website, so that email address does work.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 5:18:23 AM EDT
[#32]

I have been attending a military course at Ft. Leonard Wood,

You may want to try hitting him from a different email adress.  If he is using .mil, their spam filter may not be letting you reply.  Also dont just hit reply, I know that when my wife and I would email back and forth we would pick up a spam alert on the 2nd reply.  Try to get a phone #.

Hope everything gets worked out.
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 5:54:01 PM EDT
[#33]

Anyone get their "refund" yet?

Bigfeet
Link Posted: 4/19/2006 7:19:51 AM EDT
[#34]
He just came to Colorado and dropped off my gear, IN PERSON! But that might be because we are friends and I don't complain on the internet like children about him. Oh, and I had been waiting 20+ months for the gear he dropped off.
Link Posted: 4/19/2006 7:43:02 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The interesting part is that he has been spoken of highly by some of the instructors out there.

Because it doesn't take them a year to get their shit, and they get it for free.
Link Posted: 4/19/2006 7:47:44 AM EDT
[#36]
My last comunique I received on 4/3/06 from him via PM on the 10-8 website

I just returned from Ft. Leonard Wood, MO. I will have your bag completed by next week, can you send me a shipping address?

I sent the address that day, and is has now been 14 more days.

I don't doubt that it's good gear and all that, and I may not have minded the long wait if he had been straight up with me from the start and not sent several ETAs that he didn't live up to.  I sent him my payment of $125 on February 12, 2005 via paypal.
Link Posted: 4/19/2006 7:50:29 AM EDT
[#37]
Time to complain like a child:

His 2 weeks are up. I'm off out East for the weekend for some survival training and when I get back I'm gonna throw a tantrum.

Man, I hate having to threaten people but he's not giving me any choice.

Dave
Link Posted: 4/19/2006 8:47:38 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
He just came to Colorado and dropped off my gear, IN PERSON! But that might be because we are friends and I don't complain on the internet like children about him. Oh, and I had been waiting 20+ months for the gear he dropped off.

Truthfully, molsen, you are out of line.  It is easy to call people “children” from behind the keyboard.  I think the only two children here are you and your “friend”.  

I have a great idea, since Jon is your friend, why don’t you send me $150 for a few years for me to hold onto to?  No?  Don’t like that idea?  Just in case you didn’t know, this isn’t Bigfeet’s Bank.  This was a client/manufacture relationship.  A contract.  Real simple.  I send money, I get product.  If manufacture cannot send product, then manufacture sends refund.  Manufacture doesn’t lie repeatedly telling them that it will ship in two weeks, or it already shipped, or ignore the persons request for a refund.  If you are the manufacture of something, you need to tell the client that there is a backlog, or they will get to it when they can.  That information had never been passed on.  All I have asked for is my money back, on numerous occasions.  If he wants to be a big boy and run a business, he needs to follow big boy rules.  The rules do not get malleable because of this excuse or that excuse.

Until I get it back, he is a thief in my book.

Bigfeet
Link Posted: 4/19/2006 9:40:50 AM EDT
[#39]

I just returned from Ft. Leonard Wood, MO. I will have your bag completed by next week, can you send me a shipping address?

I have absolutely no confidence whatsoever that when my gear is made, Jon is even gonna know where the hell it goes.      

Link Posted: 4/19/2006 3:00:23 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 4/19/2006 5:24:10 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Come on, you can do better than that.

Bigfeet
Link Posted: 4/24/2006 9:33:56 PM EDT
[#42]
Went to leave for work today and Lo-and-Behold, there was a box at my doorstep with my order in it from RecceGear.

I guess I am glad to have my case and pouch... They are nicely made and all, but I have already taken it to a buddy's place and was hesitant to tell him where I got it.

Glad to have this over with.

Dave
Link Posted: 4/25/2006 2:14:08 AM EDT
[#43]
glad to see that somebody is getting their stuff.  It gives me hope.
Link Posted: 4/25/2006 3:43:03 AM EDT
[#44]
Glad you got your stuff, thanks for reporting back.
Link Posted: 4/25/2006 8:24:06 AM EDT
[#45]
Cool, glad you got your stuff. I'm kinda hoping I get mine before I go to YTC next month.
Link Posted: 4/25/2006 9:39:45 AM EDT
[#46]
I guess the lesson learned here is "Squeeky wheel gets the grease"?
Link Posted: 4/25/2006 7:55:41 PM EDT
[#47]
or perhaps the lack of squeak?
Link Posted: 5/5/2006 8:42:45 AM EDT
[#48]
I was gonna order some gear from his website but there was no #'s to call and I hate that!!!! so I did the e-mail bit but i was alittle put off when he replied only mil/LEO, it just sounded like a long wait (I am LEO) so I decided to wait and not order from him, thank god!!
Link Posted: 5/5/2006 8:53:23 AM EDT
[#49]
I sent him a request for update the other day and got a "soon" response back.
Link Posted: 5/6/2006 7:42:17 PM EDT
[#50]
A question for those who have received their stuff. What has been your wait time? Seems like some who have ordered lately have received it and others are sitting at 30 months.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top