Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/15/2006 12:25:44 PM EDT
Well the time has come for me to buy my first rig/vest/whatever. I see lots of variation in price and style and just want some sugestions and tips from you guys as to what to get. I read that vests are not "en vogue" but they really dont bother me like they do some people. What do you guys like for >100, 100-200, and 200-300. I dont think I can plurge more that 3 bills for my first rig/vest/whatever. I like the molle style setups but that is not neccissary for me to enjoy this vest,. Any brands to stay away from?
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 12:33:16 PM EDT
[#1]
I got a Tactical Tailor 2piece MAV when they were havin their big sale. I got the vest body, four two-mag AR pouches, and two zippered GP pouches for around $150 shipped. I really like it, and the mag pouches are extremely universal. When I use it for 3-gun, one has two AR mags, one has four pistol mags (1911), one has one AR mag, and one is used a dump pouch. They still have a lot of woodland camo stuff on sale.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 12:54:08 PM EDT
[#2]
what do you want to do w/ it?  

gear is dictated by the mission.  are you military?  plinker?  3gunner?  home defense?  is this rig for the field or for classes?  how many mags would you want it to carry?  how long will you need to wear it?  is it for need or for want?  gear for fun is also fine, but it completely changes the requirements.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 12:55:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Wow. You left it wide open and you'll prob not get many responses until you narrow your inquiry.  There is just too many options to write about them all and then # of manufacturers?  WOW!

What do you want/plan to do with it?  SHTF set-up to hang ready in the closet? Getting into tactical shooting?  You want a minimalist set-up or a full blown battle ready kit?  Able to hid under oversized coat or don't care about being discrete?

I currently have three set-ups and will give you a general idea of what and why....very brief..

Good old fashioned Blackhawk Omega vest in woodland camo.  Why?  Cause I got it free from work.  Simple lightweight and quick on and off.  Prob not my first choice if I were starting from scratch...

Eagle Ind chest rig in OD.  VERY concealable and lightweight (the ipidomy of minimalist!).  Nice hang in the closet SHTF gear.  Quick on and off and can easily hid under light jacket.

Eagle Ind plate carrier /cummerbund in OD.  Ability to carry alot of gear and modify the pouches and placement to your specs.  Can carry armor plates with relative comfort (plates are heavy regardless...they're never comfortbale but this does a decent job of minimizing pain if worn for hours!).

As for MOLLE pouches, the CheaperThanDirt versions are realy quite decent (I know I'll take a flaming for that!).  At a substatial savings.

Anyway, hope the info helps.

Cheers!
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 1:23:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Haha more I know the less I know! Sorry guys should have told you what I will be using this for, mainly plinking at my farm in TX and hog/cyote hunting at our lease. I would prob not be wearing this more than 4 hrs at a time and dont see a reason why I would need armor (of couse I didnt see why I needed a aimpoint until I had one). I am not a 3 gunner but definatly like the tactical shooting style and would like the ability to cary pistol and AR mags. I know that "fun equipment" dictates a diffrent set of requirements but all things being equal why not go with a setup that is not proven in the field or of similar quality. As far as being discrete, I have never been discrete. Why are the vests no longer a popular option compared to the plate carriers and chest rigs?

EDIT- Blackhawk has some nice deals right now, any of those rigs a good deal. Easy610 why wouldnt you go with the BH vest?
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 2:05:47 PM EDT
[#5]

Why are the vests no longer a popular option compared to the plate carriers and chest rigs?

That's an easy answer.  Cause they lack modularity. In the Military /LEO role, there are many different rolls and mission needs that are performed and "one size fits all" doe not always work.

If your a SAW gunner, you need to carry 100 or 200 rd drums, but that's hard using a vest that only holds M4 mags....

So you can pick and choose the type and placement of your pouches to help you do your job.

it's like why have a Fixed carry handle AR when a Flattop give you the best of both worlds... a fixed carry handly gives you just one...

But to be honest, for you needs, you would be fine with a vest from BH as they are having smoking good price deals (because every one stopped buying vests to go with the modular chest rigs,etc).

Of course it gets pretty HOT in TX and vests are a lot warmer then say a chest rig.

Check out the Eagle/SKD universal rig..... for $75 is a great deal and would serve your purposes well....
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 2:23:49 PM EDT
[#6]
I have the Eagle chest rig easy610 shows.  Mine is in O.D..  

I haven't beed able to use it yet, but it's very comfortable.  

TAC-V1-N Vest, with its durability, superior quality materials, versatility, and workmanship, is the most functional vest in its price range. We at Eagle take pride in offering the professional, extensive product features, and the TAC-V1-N Vest definitely continues this tradition. Features: Each of the six adjustable mag pouches on front hold two MP-5's, two M-16, or one .308 or one 7.62 x 39. Elastic is used in front of mag pouch to hold mag secure when flap is left open or tucked behind. First-Aid pouch, handgun mag pouch and miscellaneous or shotgun shell pouch. Optional radio pouch, gas mask pouch, or pack available. 2-1/4" webbing on back side to hold equipment with slide clips. Adjustable height and girth. Military style belt loops for Eagle duty belt or military belt. Also, with this optional belt, you can use a large variety of holsters, flashlight carriers, cuff pouches and additional mag pouches. Heavy duty nylon #10 flat YKK zipper. Available in #1000 denier heavy weight Cordura? nylon upon special request. Two large interior pockets. Eagle's Lifetime Warranty. Equipped with a rescue strap.  

Link Posted: 2/15/2006 3:46:26 PM EDT
[#7]
Colt_SBR that vest looks perfect for TX, the mesh will help with the heat! Well now here comes a few more questions:

What is Alice? Is it dead? Did molle kill it?
Are vests designed for use over armor still snug without armor?
What exactly is the EOD option on the BH gear? Why get one with EOD vs one without?

EDIT - "The only reward for good advice is more questions."
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 3:51:09 PM EDT
[#8]
You can not go wrong with an Eagle Ind. chest rig that SKD Tactical has customized from Eagle. Cost is $75, and has MOLLE straps on either side. Here is a pic.

I just picked up an Esstac Boar for my all expenses paid tour of Afghanistan. Cost for the base unit is $180 then it will run you an additional $100 to add on any additional pouches you might want...mission specific. If you are hunt'n cy-otes, I don't think this will be the best for you though.

Cheers.

SCOUTS OUT
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 3:58:58 PM EDT
[#9]

What is Alice? Is it dead? Did molle kill it?Alice is dead, MOLLE kilt her
Are chest rigsdesigned for use over armor still snug without armor?Good rigs will be able to be used with or without armor

Fuck BHI, a lot of their shit is being made over seas, they are relying on others to come up with ideas and they are ripping them off. It is turning into an Airsoft company.

SCOUTS OUT
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 4:17:54 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I have the Eagle chest rig easy610 shows.  Mine is in O.D..  

I haven't beed able to use it yet, but it's very comfortable.  

TAC-V1-N Vest, with its durability, superior quality materials, versatility, and workmanship, is the most functional vest in its price range. We at Eagle take pride in offering the professional, extensive product features, and the TAC-V1-N Vest definitely continues this tradition. Features: Each of the six adjustable mag pouches on front hold two MP-5's, two M-16, or one .308 or one 7.62 x 39. Elastic is used in front of mag pouch to hold mag secure when flap is left open or tucked behind. First-Aid pouch, handgun mag pouch and miscellaneous or shotgun shell pouch. Optional radio pouch, gas mask pouch, or pack available. 2-1/4" webbing on back side to hold equipment with slide clips. Adjustable height and girth. Military style belt loops for Eagle duty belt or military belt. Also, with this optional belt, you can use a large variety of holsters, flashlight carriers, cuff pouches and additional mag pouches. Heavy duty nylon #10 flat YKK zipper. Available in #1000 denier heavy weight Cordura? nylon upon special request. Two large interior pockets. Eagle's Lifetime Warranty. Equipped with a rescue strap.  

www.elitetacticalsources.com/images/Linux%20Site%20-%20Images/Eagle_22.jpg  www.elitetacticalsources.com/images/Linux%20Site%20-%20Images/Eagle_23.jpg

www.eagleindustries.com/images/prodimages/p_tac-v1-n-a-combo.jpg  

img.photobucket.com/albums/v323/Colt_SBR/57985sm.gif  

This is a great vest IMHO.  The only reason I got rid of mine was to get the MOLLE version...thanks TRIAD!!  Best price you will find anywhere.triadtactical.com/tab1/store/category/9qqq/Platforms.html

Only disadvantage I could find was the extra money that has to be spent on pouches.

Link Posted: 2/15/2006 5:05:47 PM EDT
[#11]
Blackhawk makes all their gear in Vietnam.  They evidentaly rip off a lot of their designs from Eagle (which is apparent by just looking at their selection).  Spend the extra $ and buy Eagle.  It's all American made and I haven't heard any bad things about it.  I have heard many horror stories about Blackhawk stuff falling apart.

Some other suggestions would be to check out military morons' site at militarymorons.com
He does a lot of very in depth reviews on gear and really knows his stuff.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 6:20:46 PM EDT
[#12]
I got my Eagle vest from "EvilBay" and got a good deal.  It was new but can't remember how much it cost.  

Link Posted: 2/15/2006 6:36:04 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
You can not go wrong with an Eagle Ind. chest rig that SKD Tactical has customized from Eagle. Cost is $75, and has MOLLE straps on either side. Here is a pic.
www.skdtac.com/images%5Cbig%5Cmollechestrig_cb_big.jpg

I just picked up an Esstac Boar for my all expenses paid tour of Afghanistan. Cost for the base unit is $180 then it will run you an additional $100 to add on any additional pouches you might want...mission specific. If you are hunt'n cy-otes, I don't think this will be the best for you though.

www.skdtac.com/images%5Cbig%5Cboar_big.jpg

Cheers.

SCOUTS OUT

For your first rig, I highly recommend the SKD Eagle rig. SKD Tactial rig here You can't beat it for the price. It has everything you need for a simple load out.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 8:18:37 PM EDT
[#14]
I really like that Eagle Ind. TAC-V1-N VEST but couldnt find any size measurements. How to the sizes measure up?
Just saw some TT vests too, how do yall like those?
Also are the BH vests mesh or solid nylon?
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 5:18:02 AM EDT
[#15]
I wear a 42 coat (6'2"   175lbs.) and the Eagle vests I had both had a tag with "M" in them.  My Tac V1 used para cord lacing to hold the panels together and had lots of room to go bigger.  My new MOLLE tac vest uses the straps and buckles.  With just a shirt on, I have to take it in almost all the way...plenty of room for heavier layers underneath or a stand alone ballistics vest under the Eagle.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 5:25:37 AM EDT
[#16]
I too have the Eagle vest and have gad goo luck with it. I am 6ft 185 and wear a medium
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 6:02:57 AM EDT
[#17]
I'm 511 and a slim 195 pounds.  My Eagle vest is a medium.  It has straps and buckles on the sides for expansion.    

Disco_Stu_TX  Did you get my IM?  

Link Posted: 2/16/2006 11:03:41 AM EDT
[#18]
Colt - Yes I got your IM, sorry I didnt reply. I am going to try and find an eagle in Med. I am 6'2'' and 195, unless yall think I need a large.

Why no love for woodland cammo, seems like people cant get rid of the stuff.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 1:40:11 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Colt - Yes I got your IM, sorry I didnt reply. I am going to try and find an eagle in Med. I am 6'2'' and 195, unless yall think I need a large.

Why no love for woodland cammo, seems like people cant get rid of the stuff.

Too dark for most environments...makes you look like a dark blob at distance.  I chose an OD MOLLE vest with an assortment of Multicam, coyote and OD pouches to help break up a solid color.  I also got whatever was going at a good price.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 1:46:32 PM EDT
[#20]
I just bought my first chest rig/vest last night, and decided on the Eagle/SKD chest rig with MOLLE straps for $80 shipped.  I figured all I really wanted to have was something to hold mags, a pistol, and have a little bit of customization potential.  Seems it fits the bill.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 2:07:48 PM EDT
[#21]
+1 on "CHEAPER THAN DIRT" MOLLE GEAR
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 6:24:03 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
I just bought my first chest rig/vest last night, and decided on the Eagle/SKD chest rig with MOLLE straps for $80 shipped.  I figured all I really wanted to have was something to hold mags, a pistol, and have a little bit of customization potential.  Seems it fits the bill.

thats what i got too last week and i love it!! you cant beat the quality either. perfect for out on the ranch recon missions
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 1:17:11 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Cheers.

SCOUTS OUT

I agree that the SKDTAC Eagle chest rig is a great all-around choice for a first rig.  I got it two weeks ago and, being my first, I am incredibly impressed with the quality and integrity of the product.  I just left the mags in there for a week or so to loosen up a bit of the elastic.  I think I'm going to take off the pistol mag pouches, though.  The rifle mags are enough for me, and I prefer my pistol mags on the hip opposite my holster.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 5:51:15 PM EDT
[#24]
You can use the pistol pouches to carry a small flashlight, multi-tool, or a knife.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 6:02:51 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
You can use the pistol pouches to carry a small flashlight, multi-tool, or a knife.

+1
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 6:15:51 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Haha, hmmm, didn't think of that.  Boy is my face red now.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 10:50:19 AM EDT
[#27]
Re: the Cheaper Than Dirt molle pouches

I snagged a few of them (I use them to store loaded mags in my truck) because they were inexpensive.  When I got them, I was pleasantly surprised by how well they were made.  If I ever get a "low profile" molle rack or plate carrier, they're definitely good enough to attach to it.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 5:04:37 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You can stash a couple of power bars in there too, in case you're out longer than you think and need a quick pick me up.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 9:01:16 AM EDT
[#29]
tag
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 11:49:40 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
Re: the Cheaper Than Dirt molle pouches

I snagged a few of them (I use them to store loaded mags in my truck) because they were inexpensive.  When I got them, I was pleasantly surprised by how well they were made.  If I ever get a "low profile" molle rack or plate carrier, they're definitely good enough to attach to it.

A BIG +1 on those.  Surely they reverse engineered them, checking out either Eagle or Blackhawk pouches, but they dd a damn good job.  Check out the MOLLE listed back packs from CTD.  The are VERY nice as well.  The hydration pouch came with the bladder, oversized fill hole (for easy fillin' or cleanin') and neoprene covered tube.  Not shabby for $19.

All the MOLLE pouches I've gotten from CTD have been as good or better than expected.

Cheers!
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 3:27:40 PM EDT
[#31]
I got that SKD/Eagle rig for my first chest rig, and found the straps very uncomfortable. I replaced the straps with a Tactical Tailor X-Harness and now it's AWESOME. Very comfortable.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 3:44:47 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

You can stash a couple of power bars in there too, in case you're out longer than you think and need a quick pick me up.

Until you try to load one of these things into your pistol while under stress  
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 4:34:19 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I don't think that would happen to me. I've always trained to load from my off side hip position for my handgun. So much so that I stoped trying to use those fancy IPSC mag holders as they don't work for me.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 5:32:24 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Link Posted: 2/21/2006 6:02:29 PM EDT
[#35]
I think you should start out by writing down your needs and then working backwards to the number of MOLLE loops this requires.  I wish I had done this before I made my first purchase.  Here is an example to get you started:

Pistol?  Yes on vest? No/dedicated holster or not using?  If yes, you need a retention holster (at least a thumbbreak...the Eagle one pictured above is barely adequate).   2 (TT) to 4 (6004) MOLLE loops.

Dump Pouch?  Yes or No?  Yes = 3 (TT) to 5 (HSGI) MOLLE loops

IFAK?  Yes or Yes? (No isn't an option here!)  3 (TT) to 4 (Eagle) MOLLE loops

Surefire?  Yes or No? (strongly recommended)  1 MOLLE loop--pistol mag pouch

Multitool?  Yes or No?  1 MOLLE loop--pistol mag pouch

Pistol Ammo?  Yes or No?  If yes, how much?  My recommendation is 3 spare mags for 1911 or 1 spare mag for Glock 17 (or somewhere in between).  1 to 3 MOLLE loops

Rifle Ammo?  Yes or No?  If yes, how much?  My recommendation is 100 to 150 rounds worth which is 4 to 6 28-round magazines or 6 to 8 18-round magazines.  2 MOLLE loops per mag pouch which can hold 1 to 3 5.56/7.62x39 or 1 to 2 .308 magazines each.  Magpuls usually reduce the pouch capacity by 1.

Here is an example of the next step

HSGI "Woosatch" is a cummerbund+bib (similar to Eagle Rhodesian vest).  It has 6 MOLLE loops on the bib and 16 MOLLE loops on the cummerbund for a total of 22 MOLLE loops.

22...HSGI Woosatch
-4...Dump Pouch
-6...Triple (single+double) rifle mag pouch to hold 6 mags with magpuls
-4...IFAK
-4...Double pistol mag pouch holding 2 G17 mags
-2...Single pistol mag pouch holding Surefire 6P
-2?...Holster with thumbbreak (still deciding on which)
----------------
0 MOLLE loops left.

Here is another example:

Tactical Tailor 1-piece MAV + bib is a cummerbund+bib.  It has 8 MOLLE loops on the bib and 18 MOLLE loops on the cummerbund for a total of 26 MOLLE loops.

26...TT MAV+bib
-3...Dump Pouch
-3...IFAK
-8...Four triple-mag rifle pouches to hold 8 mags with magpuls
-4?...Safariland SLS holster with MOLLE adapter
-6...Triple pistol mag pouch holding Surefire 6P and two G17 mags
-------------------
2 MOLLE loops left (enough for a multitool or small pouch)

You should also look at price.  The above Tactical Tailor setup should run you <$400 or much much less if you are willing to use woodland camo (and spraypaint to whatever color suits your fancy).  A comparative setup from Eagle or HSGI will cost more.

For that reason, I would check-out Tactical Tailor first.  HSGI and Eagle are also good.  You cannot go wrong with any of those 3.  But plan out what you need first so you only need to buy once.

My personal belief is to be wary of open-top holsters/pouches or fastening a pouch onto a pouch (layers of pouches 2-deep).  You don't need both buckles and velcro...just one or the other.  I prefer velcro.

Hope this helps.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 10:39:11 PM EDT
[#36]
not loops, they are channels - along with horizontal rows, these channels form vertical pathways for attachments to lace through.

you can fit 2 x M4 Magpul'd mag in a WELL constructed mag pouch
A dump pouch If necessary would be advisable fo a roll up - and even that would be 2 channels across and worn on top of a PALS ute pouch.

the dump pouch can be omitted for a small/medium GP pouch aking to the PC  or STRIKE GP upright.  this one pouch will have ENOUGH room for a civy FAK, SF, multitool, small amount of pogey bait, Pistol ammo and dump pouch (when executed properly)

Again this will vary depending on the user -

Quoted:
I think you should start out by writing down your needs and then working backwards to the number of MOLLE loops this requires.  I wish I had done this before I made my first purchase.  Here is an example to get you started:

Pistol?  Yes on vest? No/dedicated holster or not using?  If yes, you need a retention holster (at least a thumbbreak...the Eagle one pictured above is barely adequate).   2 (TT) to 4 (6004) MOLLE loops.

Dump Pouch?  Yes or No?  Yes = 3 (TT) to 5 (HSGI) MOLLE loops

IFAK?  Yes or Yes? (No isn't an option here!)  3 (TT) to 4 (Eagle) MOLLE loops

Surefire?  Yes or No? (strongly recommended)  1 MOLLE loop--pistol mag pouch

Multitool?  Yes or No?  1 MOLLE loop--pistol mag pouch

Pistol Ammo?  Yes or No?  If yes, how much?  My recommendation is 3 spare mags for 1911 or 1 spare mag for Glock 17 (or somewhere in between).  1 to 3 MOLLE loops

Rifle Ammo?  Yes or No?  If yes, how much?  My recommendation is 100 to 150 rounds worth which is 4 to 6 28-round magazines or 6 to 8 18-round magazines.  2 MOLLE loops per mag pouch which can hold 1 to 3 5.56/7.62x39 or 1 to 2 .308 magazines each.  Magpuls usually reduce the pouch capacity by 1.

Here is an example of the next step

HSGI "Woosatch" is a cummerbund+bib (similar to Eagle Rhodesian vest).  It has 6 MOLLE loops on the bib and 16 MOLLE loops on the cummerbund for a total of 22 MOLLE loops.

22...HSGI Woosatch
-4...Dump Pouch
-6...Triple (single+double) rifle mag pouch to hold 6 mags with magpuls
-4...IFAK
-4...Double pistol mag pouch holding 2 G17 mags
-2...Single pistol mag pouch holding Surefire 6P
-2?...Holster with thumbbreak (still deciding on which)
----------------
0 MOLLE loops left.

Here is another example:

Tactical Tailor 1-piece MAV + bib is a cummerbund+bib.  It has 8 MOLLE loops on the bib and 18 MOLLE loops on the cummerbund for a total of 26 MOLLE loops.

26...TT MAV+bib
-3...Dump Pouch
-3...IFAK
-8...Four triple-mag rifle pouches to hold 8 mags with magpuls
-4?...Safariland SLS holster with MOLLE adapter
-6...Triple pistol mag pouch holding Surefire 6P and two G17 mags
-------------------
2 MOLLE loops left (enough for a multitool or small pouch)

Hope this helps.

Link Posted: 2/22/2006 4:46:36 AM EDT
[#37]

Once you figure out what you need, cruise the EE.  I found most of my stuff there and managed to save quite a bit.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 5:03:16 AM EDT
[#38]
I saw a few posts about sizing. I'm a guy with a big chest (goes with that beer gut) I'm a 54-56 mens suit  and I'm long waisted so I'm always concerned about fit. Any ideas? Accurate sizing? XXL stuff?  And mine is going to be mostly bug out SHTF type gear.

RE: Blackhawk. So they make all that "high speed, low drag" gear in Vietnam??? WTF???? I can hear my old man calling for some Tac Air right now..

Thanks

MB
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 1:01:37 AM EDT
[#39]
Here is a chest rig I ordered from C.T.D.  Very satisfied with the quality, and the price. I ordered the grenade pouches which work great for me. I have my Garmin E-trex legendC gps in one, and a mag light in the other.  I have (4) 30 round mags,  (4) 20 round mags and (2) 9mm 15 rd mags on it. The EMT pouch is bigger than I expected, but it has lots of pouches/compartments located inside big enough for some MRE's and first aid kit.  I am 6ft/250 with a beer gut, and it fits me just fine.

Link Posted: 3/2/2006 5:35:39 AM EDT
[#40]
tag
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 8:19:16 PM EDT
[#41]
tag for weekend reading
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 1:10:39 PM EDT
[#42]
Is this a good deal?

http://www.blackhawk.com/product_detail.asp?product_id=3089&d=

I don't need a plate carrier...
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 1:27:37 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 5:22:59 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
Here is a chest rig I ordered from C.T.D.  Very satisfied with the quality, and the price. I ordered the grenade pouches which work great for me. I have my Garmin E-trex legendC gps in one, and a mag light in the other.  I have (4) 30 round mags,  (4) 20 round mags and (2) 9mm 15 rd mags on it. The EMT pouch is bigger than I expected, but it has lots of pouches/compartments located inside big enough for some MRE's and first aid kit.  I am 6ft/250 with a beer gut, and it fits me just fine.

i37.photobucket.com/albums/e81/4majorchaos/MVC-862S.jpg

Does the holster have a thumbstrap under the fap, or is the flap the only method of retnetion (besides the elastic band).  Also, if you geta chance could you take a photo of the inside of the EMT pouch?  Thanks.

Dawg
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top