Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/4/2006 12:02:02 PM EDT
This is my review/experience with the ICE Tactical Molle Belt Pad. Note, I am neither Mil. or LE. I wear this for classes and 3 gun comp.

I had been using a Wilderness rigger belt to carry this SOE leg rig, the 6004 and a kydex mag pouch. However, this set up proved to be very uncomfortable. I am a skinny guy, 30” waist. Wearing all of this stuff on the rigger belt would rub my waist raw. It wasn’t to enjoyable, so I began seeking something with padding. I considered the DBT, Blackwater Gear and some other Molle belts. I didn’t like the idea of having to use and adapter to mount the 6004 and SOE rig.

Then I came across this, the ICE Tactical Molle belt pad. I have since fallen in love with it. The construction is solid and well done. You are only purchasing the belt pad, so you must buy the rigger belt separate. I am using a SOE rigger belt since I had it already.

The ICE pad addresses the problem of having to use adapters to mount leg rigs by leaving an opening so the internal belt is exposed. The inside channel where the rigger belt runs through is lined with Velcro. This keeps things from shifting. It can be a little tough to run your belt through. I used a yard stick to keep the belts from sticking together.

The belt is well padded and the inside that contacts your body is lined with a neoprene rubber type material. The belt is also pre-curved and slightly tapered towards its ends.

I can’t say enough good things about this belt. I currently have it setup with a Tactical Tailor pistol mag pouch, SOE CQB Subload, CSM Dump Pouch, TT Knife pouch with a SF G2 in it, Gemtech Lanyard and 6004. I all rides very well and has solved my discomfort and hip rubbing problem.

I also received a Medium/Med Pouch. The construction of this is very good as well. It's a great size for a IFAK.

Link Posted: 2/4/2006 12:18:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Very interesting.
After 14 years, I'm replacing my Uncle Mike's duty belt.
I've been looking at an new OD Eagle belt, and will probably go with it.

However, this belt pad might be nice for my A-III.
The belt channel on the outside might be a good augmentation to the rather crappy Eagle waist belt.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 3:30:06 PM EDT
[#2]
How long did it take you to get it?  I ordered a mag pouch from them a month ago and haven't gotten it yet.  They also won't return emails and I haven't found a phone number anywhere.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 5:36:13 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
How long did it take you to get it?  I ordered a mag pouch from them a month ago and haven't gotten it yet.  They also won't return emails and I haven't found a phone number anywhere.

Hmm, that's strange. It took me about 2 weeks to receive this. I got it back in November, I know he has gotten pretty busy lately. When was the last time you emailed them?
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 5:41:01 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Hmm, that's strange. It took me about 2 weeks to receive this. I got it back in November, I know he has gotten pretty busy lately. When was the last time you emailed them?

I emailed them this week.  Paypal was sent on the 9th of January and I was told the pouch would ship the following Tuesday.  I've emailed them (Hobey, I guess) three times and haven't had any response.  I've noticed him posting on other boards.

Their stuff looks really nice and I'm in the market for some MC pants like they sell, but I will have a hard time buying from them if I get blown off like this...
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 5:50:15 PM EDT
[#5]
PM sent.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 6:11:52 PM EDT
[#6]
All is well - Hobey responded to an email and my pouch is on the way.

Don't know why I didn't mention it before...but that stuff looks awesome!  That pouch in particular interests me.  Another order with ICE may be in order some time soon...
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 7:09:19 PM EDT
[#7]
do they have a web site?
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 7:41:57 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 8:57:40 AM EDT
[#9]
I've got a couple of large GP pouches from them and they are good to go.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 1:31:16 PM EDT
[#10]
Thanks for posting the good description and excellent photos!  I think thats just the belt I've been looking for.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 3:58:25 PM EDT
[#11]
So what did the battle belt only cost you?  The only listing in their pdf catalog is for the battle belt with 2" web belt for $65.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 4:53:01 PM EDT
[#12]
How far around the front doea this belt come?

Are they universal in size?

Did you get it without the 2" belt?

Thanks
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top