Page / 13
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 4:32:32 PM EDT
[#1]
its done
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 6:26:45 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 7:21:09 AM EDT
[#3]
I have a hydrastorm 100oz reservoir kit. I'm guessing it'll have no probs fitting in the hydration carrier for the weesatch right?
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 8:01:24 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
its done
img.photobucket.com/albums/v336/k9dpd/weesatch.jpg

How do all of those different patches attach to the vest? I'd like to add some like that to mine when I get it (dont worry, I won't copy you ). Do you have to put some type of velcro panel on the vest and then attach the patches to the panel? Thanks for the info........
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 9:05:15 AM EDT
[#5]
It is a pouch with velcro on the front that esstac made for me,

from left to right I have a roly poly, pistol mag pouch, med kit, asp holder, handcuff pouch and on the back a large utilty pouch, the 100 ounce will fit fine.
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 7:54:06 AM EDT
[#6]
Is there a contact number for SKD? I've got some specific questions that may take too long via email. Thanks!
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 12:54:05 PM EDT
[#7]
Contact Joe via email if needed he will give you a number. He trying to keep his phone lines opens folk the folks who need it the most.  Joe is pretty good with email but I think he could put the damn order on your door step in about the same time a matter of hours.

Sorry about that.

K9 what's up with that pouch (bib) got any specifics like how the hell can I get one and how is it set up? It looks very thin and unobtrusive and I love the velcro I just spent hours sewing on some velcro to hold an ID tab nothing else looked big enough for my massive "don't shoot me tab"
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 4:51:16 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 5:26:43 PM EDT
[#9]
I had esstac([email protected] ) make it for me, I told him what I wanted and he said he had just the thing and a few days later I had it, very unobstrusive, the pocket is just perfect for an ID or a picture of the perp or whatever and it will save your fingers from trying to sew that velcro
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 6:14:02 PM EDT
[#10]
Joe

Thanks for the phone help!  I just hope the OD Wee arrives on time (while the fiance is at work), that way I can scuff it up and put it in "The Pile" and she'll never know the diff! Until the CC bill arrives  From the looks of all the set-ups here, I have a LOT more to buy!

GG1911
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 6:34:37 PM EDT
[#11]
SKD I got the shoulder pads today and they make a great difference.
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 7:10:35 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 7:46:44 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 9:26:49 AM EDT
[#14]
Heck yeah!! I was about to die, having to wait hoo!!
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 12:57:46 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 11:34:02 AM EDT
[#16]
As I said I would, here's pics of my new OD Weesatch which just came in today:

http://tinypic.com/duosh
http://tinypic.com/duoty
http://tinypic.com/duovq
http://tinypic.com/dup0i
http://tinypic.com/dup10

Pouches, from left to right: TT Flash Bang/ Smoke Pouch, Patriot Performance FGP II, Frag Grenade Pouch Double, TT Flash Bang/ Smoke Pouch, TT Small Utility Pocket, TT Zippered Utility Pouch
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 5:18:08 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 8:50:21 AM EDT
[#18]
Yep, just played airsoft yesterday--got some good dirt rubbed in
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 6:38:41 PM EDT
[#19]

Howie_Kaluha, is that the DBT patch panel on your bib?  If so, how is their quality?  I know their designs are good (they copied from the best), but I haven't seen their materials or workmanship in person.

I really need to post some pics of my Weesatch...

-Randy

ETA:  Joe, thanks alot for bringing EssTac into the mainstream!  I was getting too comfortable with getting pouches from Stuart in 2-3 weeks.  Now that I've been waiting for 6+ weeks on my latest order from him, it has helped me spend much less money on gear...
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 7:42:35 PM EDT
[#20]
Yeah, that's the DBT patch panel. Seems very good quality to me. I highly recommend it
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 4:20:05 PM EDT
[#21]
I just got my OD Weesatch today.  I'm very impressed both with the Weesatch and with SKD's service.  I ordered on Sunday night (by internet) and got it today (Wendsday) - Thanks Joe.  

So far, I've just loaded it with 8 mags and adjusted the straps, tried it on, etc.  I like the way it holds the mags very close to the body and fits well.  Glad I bought the Weesatch for my skinny body .

I'll be looking to add some extras to it in the next few weeks.  But still, even naked, I like it!

ETA: Why did the subject change to 'please delete'?  There's lots of good info and pics here.  Why delete it?

Link Posted: 10/27/2004 5:16:01 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 5:53:40 PM EDT
[#23]

couldn't help it!!!!pic i hi jacked  from grant
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 7:24:38 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 7:59:47 PM EDT
[#25]
Bring back

Sgt AR15

Lumpy

This thread!

This should definitely not be getting deleted- Meat if you don't want to be involved just unsubscribe!

Link Posted: 10/28/2004 8:31:53 AM EDT
[#26]
I agree, we should keep this thread. It's got some good reading/viewing in it.
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 5:09:50 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 5:33:50 AM EDT
[#28]
quit your cryin!!! i'll put it back.  happy now??? joe ,airsoft or not it was a joke about the pic. have a sense of humor people.

meat
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 6:45:37 PM EDT
[#29]
Not to hijack the thread, but I have a h Help
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 11:34:53 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 10/31/2004 9:08:48 AM EDT
[#31]
WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 10/31/2004 3:13:53 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 10/31/2004 4:34:49 PM EDT
[#33]
No problem Joe.

Starting with the Weestach (L-R) we have:

Tac Tailor Multipurpose Pouch
Paraclete TXII (9mm model)
Tac Tailor Zipper Utility Pouch

On the Wastach:

Esstac M4 Wedge
Paraclete Dual 9mm mag pouch
Maxpedition Rolypoly
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 5:36:05 AM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 11/5/2004 10:27:35 AM EDT
[#35]
Hey SKD_Tactical,
Just ordered a OD Wasatch... I can't stop thinking about when the mail man will bring my gear joy here
Link Posted: 11/10/2004 2:15:44 PM EDT
[#36]
Got my Khaki Wee in on Monday!  Waiting for some other stuff to complete it!  Once again Joe at SKD has taken my order (I'm in CA, he's in NY) on a Saturday, and my postman delivered it on a Monday!  

Question for Joe:  Can you get me anything for carrying looped shotshells separately but securely that'll fit on the PALS webbing?  I know other outfits carry the STRIKE stuff but I have tried to order stuff from two other outfits (no I won't name them, suffice it to say that anyone reading this is VERY familiar with them) that I didn't see on your site but had a no-go experience with both.

Once again thanks!  And let me know on the shotshell carrier for my new Wee.
Link Posted: 11/10/2004 3:00:27 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 11/10/2004 4:32:50 PM EDT
[#38]
Yo Joe,
I got my Wasatch on Monday... OMFG! ITS AWESOME! I cannot just stop toying with it. I didn't realize that assembly was required... MORE TO TOY WITH! I feel like such a kid I was also amazed by the fast shipping. I will definately purchase from you again. Btw, are you going to be carrying Tactical Tailor products anytime soon? I keep seeing Tactical Tailor on the list of brands that you carry, but whenever I select it, I get page cannot be found. Anywho, thanks again!
Link Posted: 11/10/2004 8:21:02 PM EDT
[#39]
Hmmmmmmmm, Esstac shot shell holders?  I gotta see some of those.  
Link Posted: 11/10/2004 9:02:42 PM EDT
[#40]
anyone have a side by side of the HSGI wasach and the SOTEC callahan?  

Is the callahan just a 2 piece version of the wasach?

Link Posted: 11/11/2004 5:35:55 AM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 11/11/2004 8:34:57 AM EDT
[#42]
GackMan, Joe/SKD_Tac et al:

I've been debating the whole Wasatch/Weesatch/Callahan thing for a while now.  I wanted something that would allow me to carry plates over an Interceptor or concealable soft armor with mag storage and the ability to mount more stuff, mainly hydration and utility pouches.  My main consideration is fit/comfort, compounded by the fact that I'm skinny enough to take cover behind telephone poles.  I wear the Med OTV taken all the way in, or the Small most of the way out.  

The Wasatch was entirely too big to wear without being snugged up all the way over armor, impossible with a concealable vest or none at all.  The Weesatch helped that issue somewhat but still suffers from the "cuvature" problem:  when loaded with mags the internal pockets don't contour well to the body.  My other issues with the Wee/Wasatch are how "deep" it is.  I wish it had only room for one mag vice two in each pocket; they seem to stick out too far on their own, let alone with pouches added.  

I got ahold of a Callahan for a good deal and couldn't resist.  After playing with it for a while, it does some things better than the Wee/Wasatch and comes up short in others.  The Callahan has two more attachment points on the sides of the plate carriers that make it easier to adjust the front/back height of the plates, and keep the sides close together.  The pouches only hold one mag, and are cut so that they wrap around better.  The shoulder straps are attached to the top of the plates, not the cummerbund, and the padding does not move at all.  The ability to use just the plate carrier or HellCat might be a factor for some, but that along with shoulder pads probably accounts for most of the ~$100 price difference.  I'm going to use whatever I end up with for a year straight, so I'm spending tons of coin on personal gear anyway.    

The Weesatch/Wasatch have the edge in cost, even after buying the optional shoulder pads, hold more mags if you've got the girth to deal with them, and have a better quick-release capability, an absolute must for me.  I've had to design/build a QR detachment point for the left shoulder of my Callahan using a slide release buckle (for total of three to get out); you can be out of the Wee/Wa with two buckles and one snap.  

I'm still up in the air about the whole thing, and also realizing that I might need something different entirely.  I posted in the Crazy Ideas section of HSGI's Forum (SKD Tactical also has a section over there) that I'd like to see a plate carrier combined with a DACH/Warlord-type rig, since I'm going to be carrying a lot of things other than mags.  The downside of both the Callahan and Weesatch/Wasatch is that the arrangement of the internal mags dictates where you can put stuff on the front of the rig.  Things up high block the mags.  

Originally posted by Slim on HSGI Forum:

Quoted:
Take a Wasatch, modify the upper bib to open up (like the map pocket on the Denali) and put a clear vinyl window inside, plus a few pen and marker pockets, and one compass pouch.   End result is a Wasatch with the best features of the Denali added.

I was looking for something like this and found this thread.  I'd like to see a DACH/Warlord/Weesatch combo as follows:

Front pocket off the Warlord v4, so the same size as the DACH, but taller to accept a plate.  Same width back panel, like the Wee/Wa but bound at the edges like the front.  Padded shoulder straps from the HSGI chest rigs instead of the slippery seatbelt web of the Wee/Wa, quick detachable from the panel with either a 1" or 2" SRB, and adjustable for girth/drop at the other end with a tri-glide.  Maybe two attachment points on either side, one near the waist, one higher; or the triangle extension on the Wee/Wa.

Rationale being current assignment has me using the stuff that would go in the desk/map pocket a lot more than needing internal mags; and plate carriers are the way to go IMHO since they can work over external or concealable armor.  Still room on the front to attach 3x mag pouches, etc.  

I guess that's what I'd ideally like to end up with.  Right now I'm looking at some sort of fold-out map pocket to put on the front of an OTV/Weesatch/Callahan.  You can't go wrong with either one, both are well made and usefull.  Unfortunatley, you'll probably end up getting both in order to try them out; unless you've got a brick-and-mortar shop nearby to try them out.  I just moved to within a few miles of HSGI, so I might have to make a trip over there and look into getting something custom.  

And of course, support your local AR15.com sponsor dealers:  SKD Tactical carries the HSGI Weesatch and Wasatch; LightFighter carries the SO-Tech Callahan.  
Link Posted: 11/11/2004 10:10:22 AM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 11/14/2004 12:30:17 PM EDT
[#44]
I've noticed a couple of people using a seperate hydration carrier on the back of a wa/weesatch.  I'm wondering why?  I just put a 3L Camelback into the back panel of my weesatch and it's very comfortable and probably has room for a second 3L unit!  I had to make my own loop to hook the camelback at the top of the panel, but that was pretty easy.  I don't have any plates, but it looks like I have plenty of room for one and it would sit inside the hydration bladders.

I must be missing something here.  Someone please educate me.
Link Posted: 11/14/2004 2:27:16 PM EDT
[#45]
I run my Wa with plates, and while there was plenty of room for a bladder, it didn't work out.  As the bladder was emptied, the rig became too loose and started to shift.  I run my rig over the Interceptor and while I don't notice the "mag-removal loosen" that some folks say is extreme, that thick bladder emptying was unacceptable.  I keep my straps to a certain length because I would have plenty of advance warning before I went to a plates-only posture.  Cinching them up as I drank isn't  an option (I'm lazy, I guess).  So I threw on a TT bladder carrier I had laying around, works great without too much of a change in thickness.
Link Posted: 11/14/2004 3:14:26 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:
I run my Wa with plates, and while there was plenty of room for a bladder, it didn't work out.  As the bladder was emptied, the rig became too loose and started to shift.  I run my rig over the Interceptor and while I don't notice the "mag-removal loosen" that some folks say is extreme, that thick bladder emptying was unacceptable.  I keep my straps to a certain length because I would have plenty of advance warning before I went to a plates-only posture.  Cinching them up as I drank isn't  an option (I'm lazy, I guess).  So I threw on a TT bladder carrier I had laying around, works great without too much of a change in thickness.

OK, that makes sense.  Thanks.

Link Posted: 11/15/2004 7:14:43 AM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 11/18/2004 2:15:38 PM EDT
[#48]
So we can send the old ones back for a free upgrade right?

Just joking!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 11/18/2004 3:17:19 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 11/18/2004 4:09:36 PM EDT
[#50]
I just got done teaching carbine for the last 3 days and wore my Weesatch and it performed very well, I ran it without the plates ( since I am to poor to buy them and my dept wont)  I almost put a rock in the back just to add some weight, I think once I get some weight on the back it will balence out good.  The padded straps were great , reloads fast.  I just have to retrain myself to use the dump pouch I have been dropping them to the ground for so long old habits are hard to break.  Everybody talks about problems going prone, I would just lift it up towards my chest and I didnt have any problems going prone and staying comfortable.  Overall I am please with the rig and cant weight till I get some plates to make it feel just right.
Page / 13
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top