Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/28/2004 6:14:34 AM EDT
Link Posted: 4/28/2004 1:57:37 PM EDT
[#1]
I've got too much shit on mine, but I guess it's better to have to much than not enough.

4x Paraclete double m4 mag pouches down the middle, flanked by 2 (1 one each side) Paraclete upright GP pouches.  1 Paraclete quad pistol mag pouch piggy backed on one of the GP pouches.

I'm using one of my GP pouches as a dump pouch because my MM dump pouch still hasn't arrived after 7 months.

I got some pics at home, I could post when I get home.
Link Posted: 4/28/2004 2:19:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Can anyone tell me what the MM dump pouch is ( Or a web site) ? Will the Eagle dump pouch fit on the Hellcat! By the way HKocher I saw your Hellcat and set mine up similar to yours! Nice job...
Sean
Link Posted: 4/28/2004 2:54:05 PM EDT
[#3]
I don't know if there is anyway you can do it but I added a Tactical Tailor First responder bag (their redisigned fanny pack style) to the webbing in front (bottom) of my SOE DA chest harness.

Picture from Lightfighter.com where they are for sale.

I think that was a great addition, my goal is to add 40mm pouches, and a Eagle 3-mag M9 friction pouch and whatever else I need will end up on my 3-day pack and I won't need a belt.
Link Posted: 4/28/2004 3:23:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Here my Hellcat:

Thanks for the compliment Irish.

The MM dump pouch is a based on the Eagle evidence pouch, with is basically a nylon pouch that folds up into about a 2"x2" package.  When opened up, it can hold about 6-7 mags.

I ordered mine from Reece Gear, he built the first MM dump pouch based on MilitaryMoron's (a guy that posts on some gun boards including this one) idea.

But he's a one operation and has a lot of military customers, so I've been waiting a long time.

Apparenty now Maxpedition is making the same pouch.  I imagine they are quicker since they are a bigger company.  Can't comment on their quality though.  

These guys sell Maxpedition gear:

www.tripleaughtdesign.com/

Don't know from experience, but I think an Eagle dump pouch would fit on a Hellcat.
Link Posted: 4/28/2004 4:01:51 PM EDT
[#5]
My biggest problem with dump pouches other than taking up space is that some of them (Eagle included) are not rigid enough and on occaision these pouches take more time than I am comfortable with to dump empty mags into.  Not to mention that when it is leg mounted, GP and mag pouches obscure it's opening from view, further complicating the process of utilizing it.

A std issue BDU cargo pocket will hold approx 4-6empty mags and is actually faster than my Eagle dump pouch. The only problem with that is that the mags make a lot of noise when you walk.

Tactical Tailors dump pouch looks the best but it won't fold up small, although I would guess that any dump pouch that would fold up would not be rigid enough for me.  

I bought my SOE DA chest harness to get away from dump pouches, it has a large zippered compartment that works better and takes up almost no extra space.

The Army thought about disposeable single use clear plastic magazines that would come pre-loaded in Vietnam, and I think the idea would be outstanding, mag changes would speed up and soldiers wouldn't have to save the empties, no more crates of ammo for re-supply, instead just lightning fast pre-loaded magazines that could be quickly distributed.   (For a military that uses guided munitions for jobs that could be completed with computor targeted dumb bombs the added cost would not seem out of the question or extravagant.)  
Link Posted: 4/28/2004 4:10:31 PM EDT
[#6]
Here's how I've got mine setup.

Paraclete quad pistol mag pouch
Paraclete GP pocket
(2) SOE CQB mag pouch
Link Posted: 5/1/2004 4:48:43 PM EDT
[#7]
I have a question: I see a lot of people putting M4 mag pouches like the Paraclete on the front of their rigs. Are you putting the mag pouches on for extra capacity or is it because you aren't using the internal mag pouches built behind the PALS webbing? If it is the latter, is there a reason why you don't use or like the internal mag functionality of the Hellcat?

It just seems to me that if you already have the thickness of two mags turned sideways on your belly, why would you want to add the additional depth of more mags at the same place?
Link Posted: 5/2/2004 7:09:43 AM EDT
[#8]
I love the hellcat design, Im running a hellcat FLC right now.  As to the question about adding mag pouches, let me put it this way.  I never go outside the wire without at least 10 mags on my vest and another 6 in the ruck.  

The 6 on the hellcat are just enough to get you in trouble, but not enough to get you out.

Link Posted: 5/2/2004 8:59:38 AM EDT
[#9]
So, if I understand correctly, you are using the internal AND external mag pouches. Anybody else?
Does the Hellcat FLC have padded shoulder straps? I can't tell from the picture on Lightfighter (www.lightfighter.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=33)
Link Posted: 5/2/2004 1:41:10 PM EDT
[#10]

No pics here.

I have mine set up w/ a quad paraclete pistol pouch, a paraclete TX open-top triple M4 pouch w/ velcro front for department ID tag, and a paraclete GP small for my medical kit.  10 M4 mags, 3 Glock mags, surefire E2E, and a med. kit.  I need another GP small for misc. crap.

I wanted to keep it as light and simple as possible, while packing enough firepower to surviuve the next "Hollywood shootout".
Link Posted: 5/2/2004 1:43:14 PM EDT
[#11]

BTW, you'll need to use magpuls to get the mags out of the internal pouches with any kind of haste...
Link Posted: 5/3/2004 6:35:23 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
So, if I understand correctly, you are using the internal AND external mag pouches. Anybody else?
Does the Hellcat FLC have padded shoulder straps? I can't tell from the picture on Lightfighter (www.lightfighter.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=33)

Pretty much everyone here is using both the internal and the external mag pouches.

No padding on the shoulders.

Link Posted: 5/3/2004 11:31:18 AM EDT
[#13]
Any preference to which model: the "Mk1", "Mk2", or "Mk3"?
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 11:01:30 AM EDT
[#14]
Never used a MK2 or 3, but the Mk1 is easy to get on/off.  I don't see the need for the buckle.

I have found that the internal pocket snaps are hard to open.   It seems like I pull the tab up and toward my body and it doesn't put enough tension to unsnap the button.  My hand hits my body before the snap will come loose.  (am I making sense here?)  They need to use much stiffer nylon on the tabs.

Anyway, anyone else have this problem?  Any quick fixes/techniques?

Link Posted: 5/4/2004 12:12:56 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 5:37:11 PM EDT
[#16]
I really like the look of HKocher's rig in the photo above. What color is that? Is it OD or just a really dark picture of Coyote?
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 6:58:17 PM EDT
[#17]
If you want a split front go with the Mk3.  My Hellcat/FLC has the MkII closure and I really dont like it.  Just have to deal with it till I get the Callahan 2.0
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 7:01:08 PM EDT
[#18]
Callahan 2.0?
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 11:32:20 AM EDT
[#19]
He's referring to the SOTECH (Special Operations Technologies) Callahan Convertible Plate Carrier System, Version 2.  

It's a modified Hellcat MK1 and a Plate Carrier that attach together.  Does not hold soft armor, but rather accepts rifle plates.  The Hellcat and the Plate carrier can be used either together or independently.  The Version 2 has padded shoulder strapss whereas the first version did not. Very sweet rig......and there are quite alot of pics over at Lightfighter's forum.  I hope to order one soon.
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 11:39:27 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
I really like the look of HKocher's rig in the photo above. What color is that? Is it OD or just a really dark picture of Coyote?

It OD green, but I have a really crappy camera.

That actual color is more like that in Green0's pic.

Well, technically the Paraclete pouches are 'smoke green' but they're pretty much the same color as the Hellcat.
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 2:26:13 PM EDT
[#21]
more pics please!

meat
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 11:24:33 AM EDT
[#22]
Here's mine in Coyote:

Link Posted: 5/13/2004 12:27:48 PM EDT
[#23]
does anybody know how to get a s.o. tech. hhp for my hellcat mk1?
how much are they?
                                         thanks,meat
Link Posted: 6/1/2004 3:46:43 PM EDT
[#24]
Another satisfied Hellcat owner here.  My rig was inspired by HKocher's, but is the light version.  10 mags for 5.56 and two spares of .45.

Link Posted: 6/4/2004 12:32:30 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
Another satisfied Hellcat owner here.  My rig was inspired by HKocher's, but is the light version.  10 mags for 5.56 and two spares of .45.

www.hunt101.com/img/164645.jpg

Looks good.  That's a smarter set up than mine because it won't hurt your back as much.
Link Posted: 6/4/2004 1:24:25 PM EDT
[#26]
does anybody know who has paraclete items in stock? i know there is a backorder on alot of the items.

thanks,meat
Link Posted: 6/4/2004 4:58:28 PM EDT
[#27]
My old Hellcrap MK2 w/ assorted pouches... EGL PLP, SOE SF M3 Pouch, Paraclete M4 Double Mag (w/ one mag), Paraclete M1911 Single X2.

-Cap'n
Link Posted: 6/6/2004 1:50:51 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

www.hunt101.com/img/164645.jpg

Looks good.  That's a smarter set up than mine because it won't hurt your back as much.

And I can drop my arms down to transitionwithout the GP pouches making it hard.  I figure 10 mags X 30 rounds is enough to close with and destroy the enemy threat or get the hell out of dodge.
Link Posted: 6/6/2004 2:43:02 AM EDT
[#29]
Tagged, and damn the ARFCOM Arms Race!
Link Posted: 6/7/2004 5:00:24 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
does anybody know who has paraclete items in stock? i know there is a backorder on alot of the items.

thanks,meat

Um did you try placing an order with Paraclete?

Link Posted: 6/7/2004 5:14:57 AM EDT
[#31]
yes,
they dont sell to individuals, only govt and large contracts, umm

meat
Link Posted: 6/7/2004 7:54:38 AM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 6/7/2004 5:18:52 PM EDT
[#33]
thanks mp906,
i'll give them a call

meat
Link Posted: 6/28/2004 8:17:51 AM EDT
[#34]
Tag. Should have my Hellcat Mk1 and SOtech Hydration harness within a week.
Link Posted: 6/28/2004 1:41:15 PM EDT
[#35]
Mine is still barebones.  I'm hoping to hit one of the Lightfighter store fronts this next month while I'm out of town.  Hope to get a few GP pouches and pistol mag pouches.  Maybe a holster or makeshift mag pouch/holster.

Aren't modular things great??

Stephen
Link Posted: 6/28/2004 3:59:21 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
yes,
they dont sell to individuals, only govt and large contracts, umm

meat

LOL, yea OK, whateva, If ya cant figure it out TBSS
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 3:41:05 PM EDT
[#37]
I just ordered a Callahan-2 Last week in Coyote, Damn Expensive but it appears worth it. I had a WASATCH for awhile and REALLY liked it, My commander wouldnt let us wear them though. BUT.......... this one will go with me no matter what he says. I plan to run a Sotech Double mag pouch on the front and 2 other Utility pouchs and a few pistol mag pouches as well. Im an Engineer and need pouches for my Demo stuff, This appears to be the ticket.
You all have some Excellant gear setups, Im impressed. Ive been using a STRIKE Chest rig, Its a great rig and well balanced, just not enough room for Engineer gear and mags.
chuck
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 6:22:22 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 11:51:53 PM EDT
[#39]
Nice rigs guys, and good advice for those shopping for rigs.

And off topic, Capn_Crunch, that is one HELL of a nice looking rifle.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top