Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/29/2009 12:40:19 AM EDT
Okay so I am looking for something fun to shoot and want to know if anyone has any experience regarding the IAC/Norinco M97 Trench Gun?  If you have shot one or if you have any photographs of one pleas let me know.  

I carry an 870 for work and will not be trading it out, I just want something different on the range.
Link Posted: 8/29/2009 4:43:21 AM EDT
[#1]
We have a couple and love them.  The wife has a riot gun she used for SASS and mine was a trench version I used for blasting blackbirds in sunflower fields so yes, together they have seen a LOT of rounds go through them and all without any problems.  She got hers at the local Cableas whereas I ordered mine from Coyote Cap and has the action smoothed out a bit.  Hers is just a little tighter and stiffer is all but it works just as well.  The only problem we've had is the heat shield on mine would shift with the recoil but a little sprinkle of Brownell's rosin between the barrel and heat shield cured that problem.  Anyways, on to the pics...

His:

Hers:

Ours:

But mines cooler...especially when I can fix bayonets!

A LOT cooler!
Link Posted: 8/29/2009 7:03:13 AM EDT
[#2]
Great pics do you mind if I ask how much both cost.
Link Posted: 8/29/2009 7:07:13 AM EDT
[#3]
We got them back must have been around 2002 or thereabouts.  I think they were going for $350-400 or so back then.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top