Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/29/2009 7:16:22 AM EDT
I bought the Remington replacement magazine cap that has the swivel stud built into the cap.  Does anyone have any advise on how to install the swivel stud on the stock.  I am not sure if it would matter, but I have a synthetic stock.
Link Posted: 5/29/2009 7:47:02 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/29/2009 8:26:59 AM EDT
[#2]
No problem at all. Measure about 1.5” up from the end of the stock and drill it just like a wood stock. There is a reinforcing rib along the inside of the stock that will hold the sling stud.
Link Posted: 5/29/2009 8:32:30 AM EDT
[#3]
Pull the recoil pad off and take a look inside the stock before drilling a pilot hole.

Use vaseline on the screwdriver shaft before pushing it through the recoil pad. This will help prevent the screwdriver shaft from tearing the pad.
Link Posted: 5/29/2009 9:01:36 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 5/29/2009 9:05:55 AM EDT
[#5]
I think your step down bit leaves a flat for the swivel head to sit on.

After drilling a pilot hole you could countersink the hole so the swivel head sits more flush with the stock.
Link Posted: 5/29/2009 9:23:15 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 5/29/2009 10:32:51 AM EDT
[#7]
Thank you all very much for your help.  I'll try this weekend and let you know.
Link Posted: 5/29/2009 6:45:19 PM EDT
[#8]
Take your drill and drill a hole that matches up with the stud that you can get at wal mart. Find where you want to drill it (I reccomend getting a measurement off of an 870 that has the stud), drill the hole, and screw in

Be sure to get a drill bit that is smaller than the threads on the stud screw, otherwise you will have to glue the thing in there
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top