Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/4/2006 2:50:20 PM EDT
...and DAYUM, this thing is GREAT!

I had a CopStock a couple years ago, and while it worked well, the LOP was too long for me to use comfortably. The SpecOps works even better than the CopStock and is MUCH, MUCH more comfortable. I shot 50 rounds of #6, 30 rounds of 12 pellet 00 buck, and 5 rounds of 1 1/4oz slug with no pain or discomfort at all.

Link Posted: 4/4/2006 4:10:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Without a doubt, its the best gun mod I have made in the past 2 years, wouldnt have a tac shotgun without one now.

My 1300

Link Posted: 4/4/2006 4:37:08 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Without a doubt, its the best gun mod I have made in the past 2 years, wouldnt have a tac shotgun without one now.

My 1300

ourworld.cs.com/NO%20FBDY%20BS/Spec+installed.JPG

I think it's the best $100 I've ever spent on a firearm accessory.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 5:17:17 PM EDT
[#3]
What they said...  It is worth every red cent and I wouldn't put another shotgun into duty without it...  Here is another picture to feast on.

Link Posted: 4/4/2006 6:21:56 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm thinking about ditching the rubber butt pad to get the LOP down another 3/4" or so. Anyone else shoot the SpecOps without the pad. It shouldn't be a problem as far as recoil is concerned.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 6:33:14 PM EDT
[#5]
Do you know if it would be difficult to install on an 870 express synthetic 18"?  I'm completely new to shotguns and just picked up my first last week.   After my first trip to the range shooting 1oz winchester hp slugs roughed up my shoulder I put a Limb Saver recoil pad on it and shot slugs today much easier and better.  The adjustability and recoil dampening of the Knoxx SpecOps looks appealing if a mechanically-challenged individual like myself could install it.  Did it take special skill, knowledge, or tools to install (looking at my gun, I don't really see how the stock comes off)?
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 6:41:01 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Do you know if it would be difficult to install on an 870 express synthetic 18"?  I'm completely new to shotguns and just picked up my first last week.   After my first trip to the range shooting 1oz winchester hp slugs roughed up my shoulder I put a Limb Saver recoil pad on it and shot slugs today much easier and better.  The adjustability and recoil dampening of the Knoxx SpecOps looks appealing if a mechanically-challenged individual like myself could install it.  Did it take special skill, knowledge, or tools to install (looking at my gun, I don't really see how the stock comes off)?

these are very easy to install.
It's been a while but as far as removing the old stock I believe you need a Phillips to remove the rubber recoil pad which is held with 2 screws and then a big flat bladed screw driver to remove the butt stock.
Installation of the knoxx stock is a allen wrench. You may want to get a ball end type allen wrench to help with the install.
I installed one of these on my Mossberg 835 turkey/goose gun and the 3 1/2" magnum loads are lots easier to shoot.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 6:44:16 PM EDT
[#7]
It is very easy and takes removing two screw and a bolt.  I did mine in about 10 minutes.  The hardest part is finding a 5/16ths ball end allen wrench (I think it was 5/16ths ?).  They come with easy to follows instructions.  I say do it.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 6:59:16 PM EDT
[#8]
Thanks a lot  guys for the info.  "Very easy" was exactly what I was needing to hear.  I'm going to order one now.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 7:01:05 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
It is very easy and takes removing two screw and a bolt.  I did mine in about 10 minutes.  The hardest part is finding a 5/16ths ball end allen wrench (I think it was 5/16ths ?).  They come with easy to follows instructions.  I say do it.

3/16ths on an 870
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 7:29:31 PM EDT
[#10]
Yeah, if you are ordering from the company you might wanna look at getting the install tool from them, I believe it is $15.  I had to buy a whole set of ball end allen's from Sears because they don't carry a 3/16ths as a single item.  Cost $30 so I was kind of pissed since I already have a butt load of Craftsman allen wrench but not ball ends.  Oh well, I have it if I ever want to take it off, which is highly unlikely.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 9:35:24 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Yeah, if you are ordering from the company you might wanna look at getting the install tool from them, I believe it is $15.  I had to buy a whole set of ball end allen's from Sears because they don't carry a 3/16ths as a single item.  Cost $30 so I was kind of pissed since I already have a butt load of Craftsman allen wrench but not ball ends.  Oh well, I have it if I ever want to take it off, which is highly unlikely.

Scroll up and check out my pic, and look at the bottom, that is the best way to install a Knoxx, slip a 5/16th wrench over the shaft of the allen wrench, you can apply a lot more torque that way.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 4:03:19 AM EDT
[#12]
From their website: "A Ball End wrench like the one shown here is required for installing your SpecOps Stock. 3/16" for Remington Models 1/4" for Mossberg and Winchester Models"

dxdgenert, thanks fot the tip - I did order one for $7.95 along with SpecOps.  SBCZILLA, I was wondering what that was - that's a good idea. I'm eagerly awaiting the SpecOps arrival and hope it coincides with the arrival of  the 250rds of Wolf 00 buckshot I ordered from Sportsman's Guide that I was notified has just been sent.  
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 5:20:23 AM EDT
[#13]
Yep, those stocks rock
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 7:11:02 AM EDT
[#14]
i put one on my 870 since my wife is 5' nothing.  what a big mistake that was.  i don't feel safe now that she can shoot faster and more accurately with the stock, she threatens to shoot me when i get on her nerves, which is everyday.  oh well.  see what happens when you marry satan's sister
Link Posted: 5/14/2006 11:12:09 AM EDT
[#15]
THREAD RESURRECTION!!!! THREAD RESURRECTION!!!!

Does anyone have a ball end tool that they want to get rid of?????? (before I order one )

I need one for a Remington 870 install. I only need it for about 10 minutes though.

I'll gladly pay you for it.

Knoxx wants $14 to ship a $7.95 tool.
Link Posted: 5/14/2006 11:43:44 AM EDT
[#16]
Just take the buttstock off the pistol grip part and bring it to the hardware store.  Tell them you need an allen wrench that'll fit it.  Mine wasn't a ball-end, and it worked just fine.  I used a T-handle wrench.

I shot it for the first time last week and it kept hitting me in the face somehow.  I don't know why, but it seemed to beat up my face when I got a good cheekweld..
Link Posted: 5/14/2006 3:08:16 PM EDT
[#17]
I just used a standard allen wrench on mine.  of course, it was on a Win 1300...
Link Posted: 5/14/2006 4:44:41 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

I shot it for the first time last week and it kept hitting me in the face somehow.  I don't know why, but it seemed to beat up my face when I got a good cheekweld..

You are either putting your face too close to the reciever or have the stock adjusted too short for your reach. Either pull your face back about an inch, or let the stock out one notch.
Link Posted: 5/14/2006 6:23:05 PM EDT
[#19]
i was going to pass up on this stock...
but i bought it, and it is by far the best mod to my shotgun i could ever do.
amazingly reduces recoil, even with the surefire forend!
i was worrying i would get ripe dup hands because of the "give" that reduces the recoil, but i shot 20 rounds of 00 buckshot and my hand was not even sore!
Link Posted: 5/15/2006 10:05:33 AM EDT
[#20]
Strange...the Sears nearest to me (Rolling Oaks Mall in San Antonio, TX) has almost every SAE size ball-end wrench (looks like an allen key, no screwdriver handle) AND they sell them individually (for about $7 + tax).

What I did when installing my Knoxx SpecOps was use the ball-end I bought from the sears and is one of those multi-bit screwdrivers as a leveraging handle (fit the allen handle perfectly).

I'd defintely look around, I don't think I even needed a ball-end wrench, a regular allen key wrench seems like it would work too.
Link Posted: 5/15/2006 10:52:10 AM EDT
[#21]
My 870 has one and it is the best shotgun stock I have ever used. It is fantastic.  
Link Posted: 5/15/2006 3:28:10 PM EDT
[#22]
I can't wait to get mine.  I just figured it out today that everything i will need to buy from knoxx will cost $235.85.

soon i will joining the club of awsome shotguns
Link Posted: 5/16/2006 3:37:51 PM EDT
[#23]
has anybody tried putting a single point sling plate between the stock and the receiver?  I just picked up a spec-ops stock too.  can't wait to get to the range.
Link Posted: 5/17/2006 12:54:22 AM EDT
[#24]
I want one but it seems silly to me to put that on a Maverick 88
Link Posted: 5/17/2006 1:59:40 AM EDT
[#25]
I have the COPStock and love it. I really have to have completely-folded capability.
Link Posted: 5/17/2006 2:06:01 AM EDT
[#26]
Do you keep your cheek on the stock when you shoot? It seems like the overlapping sliding recoil "zone" could catch a piece of your cheek and slice it off like deli pastrami.

I notice the videos show some of the shooters holding their face away from the top of the stock.
Link Posted: 5/17/2006 6:21:13 AM EDT
[#27]
I just put the side of my chin on the stock. Keeps the head up.
Link Posted: 5/17/2006 6:26:38 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
I have the COPStock and love it. I really have to have completely-folded capability.

I have both.  For maximal recoil reduction, the SpecOps is awesome.  Ya definitely need to keep the face/cheeck back away from the receiver though.  It'll bang you up otherwise.  Also, I have the SureFire flashlight installed and you need to grip it a bit differently to prevent your thumb from getting banged up.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top