Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/23/2004 5:48:23 PM EDT
Old police gun, 20" cyl, action is tight, but man was it beat. A minor repair of the stock toe, a can of dark park paint from Brownells, Herters French Red stain, a new butt plate, and a lot of linseed oil
and here she is. Very impressive with #1buck.

http://www.image-hosting-cheap.com/image_hosting/web_pages/rordog/8701.jpg
http://www.image-hosting-cheap.com/image_hosting/web_pages/rordog/8702.jpg
Link Posted: 7/23/2004 5:54:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Yessir!! Very impressive, indeed!! Looks like you did a very beautiful job. Congratulations on such a fine shotgun!!
Link Posted: 7/23/2004 6:05:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Nice work.
That shotgun is screaming for a magazine tube extension!
Link Posted: 7/23/2004 6:12:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Mag extension, oh ya. Don't take me for a braggart, I just got this new groove called pic hosting,
and I had to take a picture of something.
Link Posted: 7/23/2004 7:26:15 PM EDT
[#4]
Sweet! After years of wanting one, I finally found a nice clean one at a good price at the same time I actually had the cash--a pretty rare combination for me. Mine looks very much like yours except it's blued. Allegedly made in the '50s, I haven't checked that out yet. Just ordered a Tacstar mag extension for it.

I have a couple of M500s, one of which I spent many hours hand-polishing the action on to where it's very, very slick. This 870 makes that Mossberg feel like it's chiseled out of gravel!
Link Posted: 7/24/2004 1:04:44 PM EDT
[#5]
My plain vanilla 870 came with a 26" vent rib barrel, which I took a hacksaw to and reduced the length to 20".  Then I put a three round mag extension on it.

Here's a pic of my mangled 870 (notice the vent rib doesn't match the barrel length):
Link Posted: 7/24/2004 1:30:57 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
My plain vanilla 870 came with a 26" vent rib barrel, which I took a hacksaw to and reduced the length to 20".  Then I put a three round mag extension on it.

Oh, you just HAVE to get a Colt Python to wear with that thing! VERY way cool!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top