Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » FN
Posted: 1/11/2009 1:41:13 PM EDT
Other than color? Does the USG have an actual safety or something?

Also, does anybody have a pic of a 15 round magazine? I just ordered some, but I'm out in Iraq, and the site didnt have a pic up.
Link Posted: 1/15/2009 12:49:59 AM EDT
[#1]
the only difference is the usg has a safety and the non usg is just a decocker. the mag looks just like this one:  http://www.ableammo.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=108882
note the funny looking bulbous base plate. I bought a fnp-45 usg model  and the 15th round in the 15 round mags is rather tight but it fits fyi. thanks for severing!
Link Posted: 1/15/2009 7:40:26 AM EDT
[#2]
If you look at the FN mag the USG comes in Flat dark earth frame and black slide only.

The USG has slide serrations on the front of the slide and a manual saftey and decock lever.

The USG is about 1 oz lighter, you can get the stainless and black in the manual saftey.

The 15 rnd mag is bubbled on the floor plate,

Good luck in the sand box gods speed.
Link Posted: 1/15/2009 11:42:11 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks guys. Looks like I should have waited to get mine.... OR this might be a good excuse to buy a USG as well
Link Posted: 1/26/2009 3:53:20 PM EDT
[#4]
To be clear, can the USG be carried cocked and locked? Does it also have a decocker?
Link Posted: 1/29/2009 10:40:02 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
To be clear, can the USG be carried cocked and locked? Does it also have a decocker?

Yes, manual safety and decocker.
Link Posted: 2/5/2009 4:50:17 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:

The usg is identical to the Variant one hk usp set up.
Link Posted: 2/6/2009 11:00:48 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

All except for the high price.  
Link Posted: 2/17/2009 8:55:15 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

All except for the high price.  

Thats a big +1. I wanted a MK23 for a pure "combat" SHTF pistol, but just picked up a FNP USG for way less. Even after getting a threaded barrel and high sights, I will have alot left over for mags and ammo!

Link Posted: 2/17/2009 10:03:34 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Thanks guys. Looks like I should have waited to get mine.... OR this might be a good excuse to buy a USG as well

This.

Oh and dude your wife is hot  
Link Posted: 2/28/2009 7:55:19 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

The FNP 45 I bought 3 days ago has all the appearances of the USG except the color of the frame and slide. Mine came as a Shooters Pack and, has the stainless slide and black frame. The decocker/safety are virtually the same. Nice gun.

Link Posted: 3/1/2009 1:16:23 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:

The FNP 45 I bought 3 days ago has all the appearances of the USG except the color of the frame and slide. Mine came as a Shooters Pack and, has the stainless slide and black frame. The decocker/safety are virtually the same. Nice gun.

define "shooters pack?"
Link Posted: 3/1/2009 6:29:02 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

define "shooters pack?"

The Shooters Pack comes with a holster and a mag carrier. The holster has a belt attachment and can be configured with the paddle attachment.

Link Posted: 3/2/2009 2:44:25 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

define "shooters pack?"

The Shooters Pack comes with a holster and a mag carrier. The holster has a belt attachment and can be configured with the paddle attachment.http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r74/saycheezeplease/P2260268.jpg

http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r74/saycheezeplease/P2260269.jpg

1. I hate you, mine only came with the Pistol and Mags
2. Where can I order one of the shooters packs?
Link Posted: 3/2/2009 11:06:53 AM EDT
[#14]
There wasn't anything on the gun to indicate that it is a USG model. My bad I guess it is! I saw it in Cabela's. I went home to mull it over and read some articles on FNs. Went back the next day and took it home. I would have taken it home earlier but there was a long line and I had to be somewhere. I liked it the moment I picked it up. I checked out the XD too but liked the FN better.
Link Posted: 3/3/2009 9:52:01 AM EDT
[#15]
The question is:  Who has the USG45  in stock?
Link Posted: 3/3/2009 10:16:38 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
The question is:  Who has the USG45  in stock?

Cabela's had them as of Thursday.
Link Posted: 4/1/2009 4:08:31 PM EDT
[#17]
Got the FNP 9 da/sa stainless slide   today, If you recently purchased check http://www.fnhusa.com/le/promos/09shooterspack.asp
Free shooters pack for new owners!
Link Posted: 4/2/2009 7:08:29 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Got the FNP 9 da/sa stainless slide   today, If you recently purchased check http://www.fnhusa.com/le/promos/09shooterspack.asp

Unfortunately that's only for the 9 and 40.  I even emailed them to try and buy one for the FNP-45 and they steered me to Bladetech.
Link Posted: 4/3/2009 3:25:40 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Unfortunately that's only for the 9 and 40.  I even emailed them to try and buy one for the FNP-45 and they steered me to Bladetech.

Not completely true. FNH USA lists four FNP-45 item numbers that include a Shooter's Pack right from the get-go. There is an upcharge compared to buying the gun alone but it is less than if you bought the Bladetech stuff separately.

Nevertheless, don't feel left out. It's not that great a deal even when free. The paddle is useless because it doesn't keep the holster on your belt. The entire rig comes off still attached to your gun even when the holster tension screws are almost ready to fall out. The mag pouch doesn't retain your backup ammo with enough security in case of a fall. It doesn't even provide much of a friction fit. It would be okay for square range practice but that's about it. I have my doubts the mags would be retained throughout a normal IDPA or USPSA match.

The holster itself isn't bad beyond its bulk and lack of comfort compared to a leather holster. Just be sure to use it with the standard belt loop attachment and not the paddle. If you want a good Kydex holster, try Bladetech's UCH. Until trying one I never would've thought a plastic IWB holster could be comfortable while allowing one-handed reholstering. This one proved me wrong.

Link Posted: 4/3/2009 5:02:00 PM EDT
[#20]
The holster I got with mine works just fine. It is bulky though and isn't a great choice for concealment. I have used the paddle setup and find it is very secure on the belt. In fact it is a pain to remove.
Link Posted: 4/6/2009 12:04:18 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not completely true. FNH USA lists four FNP-45 item numbers that include a Shooter's Pack right from the get-go. There is an upcharge compared to buying the gun alone but it is less than if you bought the Bladetech stuff separately.

Nevertheless, don't feel left out. It's not that great a deal even when free. The paddle is useless because it doesn't keep the holster on your belt. The entire rig comes off still attached to your gun even when the holster tension screws are almost ready to fall out. The mag pouch doesn't retain your backup ammo with enough security in case of a fall. It doesn't even provide much of a friction fit. It would be okay for square range practice but that's about it. I have my doubts the mags would be retained throughout a normal IDPA or USPSA match.

The holster itself isn't bad beyond its bulk and lack of comfort compared to a leather holster. Just be sure to use it with the standard belt loop attachment and not the paddle. If you want a good Kydex holster, try Bladetech's UCH. Until trying one I never would've thought a plastic IWB holster could be comfortable while allowing one-handed reholstering. This one proved me wrong.

Thanks, I guess they're getting some different models out finally.  From a carry standpoint I certainly like the looks of this one better than the other.  Of course I'll have to buy bigger pants and a belt to carry it IWB.  

I have a Safariland 6004 on order.  It's not exactly what I was looking for but I figured I'd hitch it up high and give it a shot.
Page Handguns » FN
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top