Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » FN
Posted: 1/28/2012 6:49:19 PM EDT
Hey wondering if anyone else has had issues with their mags getting rust on them?
Is this normal considering the pistol is only 8 months old?
I would have thought the coating on the mags prevented rust.
I'll see if i can post some pictures.
In the meantime I guess I will just start throwing on the CLP
Link Posted: 1/29/2012 4:14:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Hmm, my FNX-9 is a year old and the 3 mags that came with it seem just fine - and I have about 400 rds total through the gun and the 3 mags together.    I'll check them closely under magnification and see if there is any corrosion.   I think there are better things to use on rust (and to lube and clean for that matter) than CLP - my preference to lube and treat for corrosion is corrosionX (just my personal choice).
Link Posted: 1/29/2012 4:33:43 PM EDT
[#2]
I've had my FNX since mid-2010 here in Florida. It's mostly sat in my gun room in the box until fairly recently. A little over 1000 rounds downrange in that time. No corrosion on the pistol or the mags...I do not ever put any oil on or in the mags.
Link Posted: 1/30/2012 4:52:38 AM EDT
[#3]
Let me also echo what Rvrctyrngr said about mags and lube - ie, don't "lube" them.   My comment was directed at what to use to clean off rust and try and prevent it's recurrence.  Then you wipe it clean and dry.
Link Posted: 1/31/2012 11:51:08 AM EDT
[#4]
Yeah I didnt lube them per say, just a little clp to protect whats left of the mags.

anyway thanks for the input, guess i got the defective batch of mags

luckily the pistol is great, havent had any preformance issues with it, all though its just a place holder until i win the lottery and can afford a 5.7
Page Handguns » FN
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top