Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/24/2006 6:52:17 PM EDT
Just got my first 1911, a SA Loaded Stainless.

Haven't been able to clean it or shoot it yet (away at school) but feels like the trigger pull is very heavy. Hopefully it will smooth out after a while. Has anyone else had one with a poor trigger?
Link Posted: 10/24/2006 10:14:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Congrats!

i cant say that i have had a SA trigger that was crappy--i've had 2 SA 1911s, but they were both used, ILS removed; try removing the ILS system and replacing it w/ a std MSH setup as i hear that lightens the pull
Link Posted: 10/24/2006 10:17:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/25/2006 12:17:14 AM EDT
[#3]
I went shopping with my buddy earlier this year for his first 1911. As far as Mc 1911s go, I personally dislike Kimber's product and Colt's politics, leaving SA as a default suggestion, but I kept my mouth shut. We looked at the three and I have to say the SA trigger was complete shit. My friend felt that then the Colt Series 70s and 80s and his mind was made up in short order. He left with a nice series 70.

As far as Mc1911 burger joints should be supported, I support SA the most, but they really need to work on that trigger.

Congratulations, nevertheless. I am sure it will be a fun shooter. Worst case scenario, you save a few pennies and send it in to Yobo or its analogue and get an awesome semi-custom on the installment plan.
Link Posted: 10/25/2006 12:24:23 AM EDT
[#4]
You do realize that Colt's Manufacturing and Colt's Defense are seperate companies, right?
Link Posted: 10/25/2006 12:33:51 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
You do realize that Colt's Manufacturing and Colt's Defense are seperate companies, right?

Technically, "bull" and "shit" are two seperate words, what's your point?

I can have one company today complete with mission and politics then splinter that company off into 3 or 13 different sub companies. That doesn't mean the mission or the politics changes one iota.

IF it was true that they were two seperate companies, access to Colt AR-15s by us lowly civilians would be plentiful, since Colt Mfg is free to take care of we the people and our high demand for the product with Colt Mfg's seperate resources, while Colt Defense hammers out AR-15s and M-16s for LEO/Mil with thier own resources.

There's plenty of demand, so what's the excuse? They're supplying our troops in need? Good answer if they were ONE COMPANY. But seeing how they are now more than one company, (only one of which supplying to LE/Mil) that argument wouldn't fly, now would it? Instead of two seperate words, it sure it looks like "bullshit" to me.
Link Posted: 10/25/2006 1:58:47 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I can have one company today complete with mission and politics then splinter that company off into 3 or 13 different sub companies. That doesn't mean the mission or the politics changes one iota.

IF it was true that they were two seperate companies, access to Colt AR-15s by us lowly civilians would be plentiful, since Colt Mfg is free to take care of we the people and our high demand for the product with Colt Mfg's seperate resources, while Colt Defense hammers out AR-15s and M-16s for LEO/Mil with thier own resources.

There's plenty of demand, so what's the excuse? They're supplying our troops in need? Good answer if they were ONE COMPANY. But seeing how they are now more than one company, (only one of which supplying to LE/Mil) that argument wouldn't fly, now would it? Instead of two seperate words, it sure it looks like "bullshit" to me.

Want a colt AR-15 that bad. Hmmm...
Link Posted: 10/25/2006 2:23:23 AM EDT
[#7]
Dupe
Link Posted: 10/25/2006 2:24:23 AM EDT
[#8]
Nah, I'm perfectly happy with my Bushmasters
I just don't like to support gun companies that selectively support my Second Amendment rights.
Link Posted: 10/25/2006 1:59:33 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 10/25/2006 2:03:21 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Whats the problem with Colt? Do you have any problem getting guns from them? What other manufacturers make factory SBRs available to the public?
Link Posted: 10/25/2006 2:09:15 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 10/25/2006 6:59:16 PM EDT
[#12]
Can't we all just get along???

I don't want to jump to any conclusions about my trigger, but at worst I can always send it back to SA and have them fix it. A lifetime guarantee is a pretty nice thing to have.

Thanks for the responses
Link Posted: 10/26/2006 3:46:59 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Can't we all just get along???

I don't want to jump to any conclusions about my trigger, but at worst I can always send it back to SA and have them fix it. A lifetime guarantee is a pretty nice thing to have.

Thanks for the responses

The trigger probably wouldn't be covered if it is functioning properly and if it is within the acceptable weight.  If you want a nice trigger job, the easiest way to get one- that I have found- is to purchase a Cylinder & Slide trigger pull set.  You will need to have a gunsmith or someone who knows 1911's put it in.  I purchase a 4.0lb set.  The parts dropped in without any problems.  On three pullls with an electronic trigger weight, it broke at 3.9 lbs., 3.7 lbs. and 3.8 lbs.  My trigger is now crisp and clean.

www.brownells.com/aspx/NS/store/ProductDetail.aspx?p=5502&title=1911+AUTO+TRIGGER+PULL+KITS

Other changes I made with my Springfield Loaded:
1. Installed Novak Night Sights
2. Replaced the ILS mainspring housing.
3. Replaced the two piece guide rod with the short guide and plug.
4. Changed to Ergo grips.
5. Added the Wilson Combat ez-loader
6. bought Wilson Magazines

Link Posted: 10/26/2006 12:24:39 PM EDT
[#14]
This was my first 1911 as well...congrats
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top