Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/6/2006 1:52:04 PM EDT
What's your call, I really like both but am thinking the TRP for a few reasons like life time warranty and it's a really clean looking 1911 but is the Kimber Warrior a better 1911? Give me some Input please...  And thanks for your time...
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 1:54:44 PM EDT
[#1]
TRP
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 2:55:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Thats it TRP it is... thanks Thats what I really wanted...
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 4:14:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Apples and oranges my friend.  Only thing they have in common is that they're both well built and have a rail.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 4:23:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Kimber all the way......................
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 4:37:11 PM EDT
[#5]
TRP doesn't have a rail. In order to get the TRP with a rail you have to get the Operator, and no offense to the Operator owners out there, but it isn't quite a combat handgun.

TRP Operator
Bad
-Adjustable Sights
This is a big no-no on any gun that is going to see actual hard use, they just break too easily.
-Bull Barrel
WTF? All this does is complicate the already fairly difficult process of disassembly.
-Full Length Guide Rod
Once again this has absolutly no value on a combate handgun of this type at all. It isn't needed, doesn't imrpove accuracy and just makes the gun harder to take down.

Goodies:
-Magazine Well
This is great for speed reloads

Neutral
-20 LPI checkering is pretty sharp. In ungloved hands it does little to help you keep onto the gun other than to make your hand hurt. It is great for gloved hands.

Kimber Warrior
Bad:
-Not a damn thing

Good
-Nice Bright Green Novaks
These are solid sights which yeild a nice sight picture and are not going to break
-Classic Guide Rod/Barrel Bushing
This is the way the 1911 was ment to be experienced and it makes the dissasembly process much more simple

In the Kimber Warrior your getting a solid combat pistol, while with the TRP Operator your getting a range gun. Take your pick both will work well, but I would rather have the combat tested weapon.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 4:50:57 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 5:45:45 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
TRP doesn't have a rail. In order to get the TRP with a rail you have to get the Operator, and no offense to the Operator owners out there, but it isn't quite a combat handgun.

TRP Operator
Bad
-Adjustable Sights
This is a big no-no on any gun that is going to see actual hard use, they just break too easily.
-Bull Barrel
WTF? All this does is complicate the already fairly difficult process of disassembly.
-Full Length Guide Rod
Once again this has absolutly no value on a combate handgun of this type at all. It isn't needed, doesn't imrpove accuracy and just makes the gun harder to take down.

Goodies:
-Magazine Well
This is great for speed reloads

Neutral
-20 LPI checkering is pretty sharp. In ungloved hands it does little to help you keep onto the gun other than to make your hand hurt. It is great for gloved hands.

Kimber Warrior
Bad:
-Not a damn thing

Good
-Nice Bright Green Novaks
These are solid sights which yeild a nice sight picture and are not going to break
-Classic Guide Rod/Barrel Bushing
This is the way the 1911 was ment to be experienced and it makes the dissasembly process much more simple

In the Kimber Warrior your getting a solid combat pistol, while with the TRP Operator your getting a range gun. Take your pick both will work well, but I would rather have the combat tested weapon.

Who said he was taking it into combat?
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 5:52:13 PM EDT
[#8]
I have a TRP and I love the thing. So TRP for me.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 11:35:23 PM EDT
[#9]
Warrior.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 3:07:23 AM EDT
[#10]
Funny with my bull barrel and tugenstion guide rod. I find My edge easier to take down and reassemble than my 80 seriers Colt.

Like statted there different pistols.

To me that rail is useless.

Both are fine pistols buy the one that has more of the features you want.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 4:47:22 AM EDT
[#11]
Springfield TRP.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 5:17:12 AM EDT
[#12]
I found the Warrier not to be as accurate as the other Kimber 45`s.  I suggest a Grand Raptor.  My experience with Springfield 45s has been negative.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 12:34:12 PM EDT
[#13]
My bad, I assumed he meant TRP operator.  Usually the only time people compare different brands is when they compare models with similar characteristics.  

Otherwise, a TLE would have been a better comparison.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 1:10:50 PM EDT
[#14]
Kimber Warrior.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 5:08:26 PM EDT
[#15]
If you can get one of the older "milspec" operators from Springfield, that would be the way to go. No drop saftey, regular gude rod and plug, sights are big and sturdy,(if you have a light, who needs night sights?, I find black sights easier to aquire), and they are usualy under $600. Just have a smth fit a new grip saftey, hammer, and thumb saftey and you are ready to go.
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 12:08:29 AM EDT
[#16]
i think this is a milspec operator www.gunsamerica.com/guns/976706463.htm

i like the sa mc operator.  theres a new lightweight operator with an alloy frame for 06 as well.
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 8:33:47 AM EDT
[#17]
$880 Seems a little high for me. I paid like $620 for mine at the PX in 29 palms. For that much I would also get the MC operator. Which has all the features that I listed for my operator. I just hate those ugly Hoge grips!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top