Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/15/2005 2:13:46 PM EDT

This is a disappointment.  I took my new Warrior to the range this morning, and lo and behold, the .22lr slide won't fit the frame.  The frame rails are too thick for the slide.  I didn't try too hard to force it on, because it was obvious it wouldn't slide on more than a 1/2 inch.  

Is the Warrior frame specifically machined to different tolerances?  My .22lr slide fits perfectly on my Remington Rand 1911A1, so this is a real downer.  

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Link Posted: 8/15/2005 2:59:57 PM EDT
[#1]
I'd send it back or get a refund. Only other thing to do is either mill or cut the warriors rails a bit or the .22s slide cuts. Or see if you can trade that one for one that possibly fits. A super tight fit slide to frame can make it difficult to change the slide. Unfortunately you have one + and one - which equals no go. I doubt you want to take any metal off either and I would try to swap the upper way before I would do that myself. Good luck. OR just shoot it on your RR as it works OK.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 5:27:28 PM EDT
[#2]
My Kimber .22 kit will fit fine on my TLE, but not on my ProCarry.  I'm sure this says something about Kimber, I'm just not sure what that is.

I love my TLE & ProCarry.  The .22 kit, however, took about three months to arrive after I paid for it.  The magazine floor plates were not compatible with magwells.  It was a jam-o-matic for quite some time before I got the kinks worked out.  I love my Kimbers, but I should have kept my .22 business to Ciener or Marvel.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 6:41:10 PM EDT
[#3]
maybe the kimpro finish is just a little too thick for the conversion slide to fit???

Get your money back (refund)
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 7:14:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Kimber says most mil spec you would think at least their s would work

I have a custom II and a kimber kit, works great

"refund!!!!!!!!!!"..................... these kits are not cheap!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 4:03:46 AM EDT
[#5]
My Kimber conversion kit fit fine on my Warrior and on a Series 80 Gold Cup.  Either your  conversion kit or your frame rails are out of spec.  Most likely the conversion kit - send it back.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 4:08:59 AM EDT
[#6]

Email sent to Kimber, awaiting reply now.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top