Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/22/2005 6:13:18 PM EDT
Well let me just start by apologizing for the amount of profanity that will follow………… but I cant help myself………I've edited this I originally posted it in the pit cause I wanted to vent didnt know it was closed.......But I do honestly think it's something people should read cause everyone knows ..........not everybody shoots their pistols a lot and IMHO these pistols are a crapshoot.....and no way would I recomend one for personal protection.......

I have pretty much badmouthed taurus pistols for quite some time
Because of the problems I’ve personally had with them…..around 1991 I had one of their 92’s the berretta knock off….. And the locking lug ”not sure that’s the correct term” at the bottom broke off….. Locked the pistol up…..
I had owned several taurus pistols up to this point probably 15-20 different ones not sure of the exact number but a lot … just figured hey everything breaks but gradually got rid of all of them as my interests in firearms changed but owned a few more over the next few years from different deals I made….anyway around 1998-2000 not sure of the year I bought another new one a taurus 357 ported……well it would unlock and the cylinder would partially open when I shot it ….not every time but on average at least half the time……I tried my d@mndest to clean it thought something was in it well never could get it to work…..

I sent both of these pistols off to taurus……… they fixed both of them…. I sold them......
But that broke me of the habit of buying them pretty much…..
Well last year a friend of mine bought a Raging Hornet taurus against my recommendations and guess what the screw that holds the cylinder in will losen while its firing and when you open the cylinder it will fall out if you aren't careful……I laughed my @ss off cause I told him so…..
Well I’ve been wanting a S&W 317 snubby 22 for the last 8mnths or so but their 4bills dealer cost…
The taurus knock off is 245…..that’s a lot of d@mn 22 shells right…….
Well everyone always tells me its just bad luck you've only owned 30-40 probably moore tuarus pistols you just had bad luck or  on the net they basically act like I’m a f@cking liar if they don’t know me and the guys from the OK Home town forum always tell me I’ve just had bad luck……when I go to bad mouthing taurus….

So what do I do you ask well being able to forgive and forget and save a 160bucks I say what the hell givem a shot it’s just freaky coincidence…..
So I buy the Taurus for my Christmas to myself and today me and another guy that post’s in the OK HT forum go shooting….. Well I got to shoot my Christmas present right…..
It fires the first 9 no problem reload first shot I feel something hit me on the left side of my face……the 8th FTF……9th I get hit in the face

Long story short the more you shoot it the more sh@t slaps you in the face and sometimes if FTF.....…. Jeff shot it and was laughing like a madman while he got hit in the face …..

The moral of the story is don’t buy a f@cking taurus they are f@cking junk and I don’t give a f@ck what anyone says they are junk junk f@cking junk……
And I’m a dumb motherf^#$er cause I bought this one knowing better….
I almost lost my eye with a Christmas present……..and to think people say a red ryder is dangerous they don’t have sh@t on a taurus….

Good news I took my franken 4 that I just built out......... a rra lower with...... a stag upper I bought from teknik and it runs like a  race car fast and furious……although it was hitting a foot low…who ever put fsp in screwed it all the way down…..
I put 600 rnds  threw it today

Did I mention taurus s@cks

This is a prime example of why you should where safety glasses also......I have no dobt I would have had sh@t in my eye if I hadn't been wearing them......

Did I mention taurus should be banned ................I know freaky things happen but get real this is past freaky this shows a trend unless your just turning a blind eye........

Link Posted: 12/22/2005 6:39:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Taurus has a no questions asked lifetime warranty, because in my experience, they need it.  YMMV

After all of that, what the hell was hitting youi in the face?

ETA:  I'm assuming the cylinder wasn't indexing correctly and was shaving off lead?
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 7:03:10 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Taurus has a no questions asked lifetime warranty, because in my experience, they need it.  YMMV

Tell me brother and I knew better.............in reality I got what I deserved since I knew better......

After all of that, what the hell was hitting youi in the face?

LEAD

ETA:  I'm assuming the cylinder wasn't indexing correctly and was shaving off lead?

YOUR   ...ETA.... Is what i think the problem is also since it would fail to fire sometimes with super light strikes at the very edge of the round........and their were obvious chunks of lead all in the action of the gun

I really posted this not just to vent but because I see people RECOMEND taurus to people all the time on AR15.com  for self defense and they always act like I'm some idiot when I recomend diffrent and relay my experience...........

while I may be an idiot and I cant spell ..........I have owned a 18wheeler load of guns in my life and shot the living hell out of them........I don't claim to be an expert but I tell you now taurus is the only revolver I've ever owned that didn't function and i've owned a lot........i've never even had an RG malfunction and thats about as cheap as they come.............

I bought this one because I wanted a cheap snuby on my boat to shoot snakes with......now after it's "fixed"........I either have to sell it and be a d@ck head and not tell some pore guy what he's getting ..........or what I'm going to do keep the POS and be stuck with a gun that I'm never going to trust or be happy with.................

One things for certain every time I see someone recomend one I'm giving my .02 worth

Now I'm back to square 1 wanting a smith......
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 7:15:57 PM EDT
[#3]
I have owned a stack of Taurus handguns.  They all worked.  I carry a snubbie quite often for personal defense.  

I did a side by side comparison of the stainless 85 with a Smith and Wesson Chief's special model 36.  I still have the Taurus.  I don't miss the Smith.  

This is the intarweb.  If you don't have pictures and proof, it never happened.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 7:32:38 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I have owned a stack of Taurus handguns.  They all worked.  I carry a snubbie quite often for personal defense.  

I did a side by side comparison of the stainless 85 with a Smith and Wesson Chief's special model 36.  I still have the Taurus.  I don't miss the Smith.  

This is the intarweb.  If you don't have pictures and proof, it never happened.  

This is Just the kind of response I was expecting

YOu know what I'm not going to send it off and get it fixed now I'm going to carry it to every shoot I attend and let folks shoot it so they can feel what it's like to shoot a POS taurus

I will of course let them know what's going to happen and hand them GLASSES their basically a must unless you want lead in your eye

You gave me a great Idea it's worth 240 out of my pocket to maybee help  at least save someone the agrivation/danger of shooting one of these POS pistols........or god forbid one not work for you when you need it.......

BTW I have an ok digital camera and what would you like a pic of....... people in the OK HT forum know me and jeff so I'm sure they will vouch for the fact that while I am a nut ......... im not a liar ........ I just hate to see people use a pistol for self defense that's a crapshoot......but hey you've been warned
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 3:10:32 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

YOu know what I'm not going to send it off and get it fixed now I'm going to carry it to every shoot I attend and let folks shoot it so they can feel what it's like to shoot a POS taurus

Please do not let other people shoot this gun, with or without safety glasses.  There is something wrong with your pistol and it is not safe to shoot.  What if there is a major failure and someone gets hurt?

I understand that you are not happy with Taurus.  I have a Taurus .357 that has problems too.  I will never buy another Taurus and I tell my friends not to buy them.  

Would I let my friends shoot an unsafe pistol?  NO!

Your beef is with Taurus.  Don't buy from them again...spread the word, but don't endanger anyone by having them shoot a defective weapon just to prove a point.

Link Posted: 12/23/2005 3:21:03 PM EDT
[#6]
yeah acemans tauras 22 had some serious alignment problems in DA.  You never knew what it would do.  All the lead shavings made the gun stiff as shit   I did shoot it just to see and it would fling the shavings into your left cheek.  I was waiting for the cylinder to blow out of it

other then that my tauras 357 shot well
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 3:49:56 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Please do not let other people shoot this gun, with or without safety glasses.  There is something wrong with your pistol and it is not safe to shoot.  What if there is a major failure and someone gets hurt?

I understand that you are not happy with Taurus.  I have a Taurus .357 that has problems too.  I will never buy another Taurus and I tell my friends not to buy them.  

Your beef is with Taurus.  Don't buy from them again...spread the word, but don't endanger anyone by having them shoot a defective weapon just to prove a point.

Your right I know it's just frustrating.....when people act like it's a one in a milion thing and it's obviously not....

It was comical when Jeff was using the one handed look the oposit direction shooting technique to shoot it ...............

And from the way he cussed after loading some of his cci ammo in it.......I would have to say the cci has more sting to it than bulk pack remington

Link Posted: 12/23/2005 4:32:05 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Your right I know it's just frustrating.....when people act like it's a one in a milion thing and it's obviously not....

It was comical when Jeff was using the one handed look the oposit direction shooting technique to shoot it ...............

And from the way he cussed after loading some of his cci ammo in it.......I would have to say the cci has more sting to it than bulk pack remington

I know your frustration.  I have a .357 Taurus revolver.  As I shoot, the ejection rod loosens up.  At some point I cannot open the cylinder.  I have to use a small screwdriver to screw the ejector rod back in so I can open the action.

I have tried cleaning the threads and adding loctite.  It does not matter what I do, the rod comes loose.  In my opinion there is a problem with the thread tolerances.

I sent the pistol back to Taurus and they could not find a problem.

So, it sits in the safe never to see the light of day.

I'm happy that you realize that having others shoot your pistol as proof of poor quality is not the right thing to do.

Don't let your frustration get you in trouble.  Move on my friend.  
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 7:59:23 PM EDT
[#9]
well, it only took the one I bought back in the late 80s to spoil me on the brand, although I have been looking at their titainium 41 mag, like the looks but I don't think it'll hold up in the long run, still got that RR for trade.

MLW>"<
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 8:19:13 PM EDT
[#10]
oddly my raging bull works incredibly well in both single and double action.

must be defective, since I have nothing to bitch about on it.
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 10:10:14 PM EDT
[#11]
i knew that tarus had some problems....

glad i dont recommend em
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 4:35:08 AM EDT
[#12]

I just want to say  THANKS to you for buying up most of the "Bad" Taurus pistols.

Makes life easier for the rest of us.
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 7:49:27 AM EDT
[#13]
I came close a while back to having an eye full of ruptured case brass from a WW2 japanese rifle.  NEVER AGAIN WILL I SHOOT WITHOUT SAFETY GLASSES
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 10:20:03 AM EDT
[#14]
Life is too short to buy shitty guns, especially when there are so many other good guns out there.  Why take a chance?  Taurus doesn't have any guns that others don't make better versions of.

I learned the lesson of not buying crap a long time ago, not that it took a Taurus to teach it to me.  

Link Posted: 12/26/2005 7:48:50 AM EDT
[#15]
I have only handled a taurus revolver twice, once the cylinder locked up on the 22mag and would not swing out to reload (friends new toy, sent back for repairs).  Once a new 38 snubby that I picked up at a dealer, the cylinder was locked (politically correct), unfortunately the cylinder lock was broken in the safe position and the gun would not unlock.

Link Posted: 12/26/2005 8:32:46 AM EDT
[#16]
So, a question about resale ethics... I hear a lot of guys post on this board and others saying "I had _____ POS gun.  I hated it for _____ reason, so I sold it."  When you guys do this, do you say that it had problems, or is it just "buyer beware"?  Just wondering, because I generally do not need everything I buy to be brand spankin' new, but I am beginning to wonder how common it is for there to be a nasty surprise attached to a used firearm.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top