Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » Kahr
Site Notices
Posted: 8/1/2011 7:16:43 AM EDT
Question for those who own a Kahr CW45.  I've seen a few bad reviews online saying the gun jams up quite a bit, won't chamber a round, etc.  Most of the reviews I have seen were from 2008.  Have they fixed the issue?  Anything I need to know about the CW45.  

I'm trying to decide between the CW, Glock 30 or 36.  The CW seems to fit my hand better than the G30.  I've not yet tried the G36.   Any recommendations?

Thanks guys.
Link Posted: 8/2/2011 11:36:33 AM EDT
[#1]
I've had my CW45 since about2007 or so and have never experienced a feed problem from it. I've also had a CW9 since about since months earlier than that, and likewise have never experienced feeding issues. Both are great little CCW pieces and I could not be happier with them –– except for one thing. The trigger pull is pretty heavy. I picked-up a full-size M&P9 several months ago and immediately did the Burwell trigger job on it and its trigger is truly SWEET now. Which makes the Kahr triggers seem even heavier.

In fact, this is why I stumbled ino this thread... I am looking for info on trigger work that I can do or have done to my Kahrs to make them more pleasurable to shoot.
Link Posted: 8/2/2011 4:37:19 PM EDT
[#2]
I purchased a CW45 about a month ago and now have approximately 100 rounds through it so I'm about 1/2 way into the break in period. So far the pistol has been flawless. I won't start experimenting with personal defense ammo until I'm past the break in. I like the gun so much I just purchased a new CW9 and received it today. I put 2 magazines threw it when I got it home and so far so good with the CW9 as well.

The Kahr quality is outstanding. Most of my other pistols are Glocks and I've found Kahr to be a great alternative and a slimmer more concealable design.
Link Posted: 8/4/2011 6:03:21 AM EDT
[#3]
Here's an older thread with some good info on the CW45:

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_5_35/95659_.html

My post with pictures is about a third of the way down the thread.

Basically I've had mine for over 2 years now and couldn't be happier with it. My personal experience was different than most, but here's the low down. On the feeding issues, the main thing I heard was loading and reloading you need to use the slide catch/slide stop lever. Do not sling shot the slide. That's where most have issues. Self induced.

1.) (PRO) Out of the box it was accurate and trigger was smooth and lighter than most I'd read about.
    (CON) My particular CW45 had a flaw (burr on the case mouth ledge and no lead in to rifling) in the barrel chamber and caused chambering issues. Keep in mind this was over 2 years ago now.

2.) (PRO) After a pistol smith friend of mine found the issue, I called KAHR and explained the issue. They said I could send it in or have the (legit) PS fix it. They (KAHR) would still back me warranty wise if the smith messed up. Kahr also admitted a small batch of these barrels (from my SN range) 'may' have missed a machining operation, but it was an isolated incident. Not an everday occurance with quality.
    (CON)  None.. After rechambering reaming and polish, custom throating, my CW45 feeds anything, and is as accurate I can shoot. Seriously all I could want.

My only (personal preference here) issue is that the trigger smoothed out soo much it's almost too light for a SD pistol, but I am used to DA snubs, Kel Tec trigger pulls etc.. My CW45 is smooth as butter..
YMMV, but I really trust mine, and wouldn't get rid of it unless I had to. Which ain't happening..

I would go for it. If by some chance you had some odd issue, Kahr would service you.

"
Link Posted: 8/7/2011 6:22:05 AM EDT
[#4]
I ran 200 rounds through mine yesterday without 1 problem.
Page Handguns » Kahr
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top