Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/16/2005 9:31:15 AM EDT
XD owners will appreciate this story. Back in November at our department night shoot, one of our young officers proudly brought out his brand new XD 40. He had just purchased it that day, and was going to qualify with it that night. I gave him a hard time for not buying a GLOCK, but just razing as everything I have read about the XD has been great. Just so happened that he got there in time to qualify next to me, brand new gun mind you and the kid had never shot it before.  We started the shoot and the new XD would go bang bang click, sometimes bang click and sometimes just click. Needless to say I was giving him alot of crap for buying the XD. The poor youngman had all but given up on his new gun, and told the instructor that some of the primers were dimpled that had not fired. Now at the time our department mostly carried GLOCK 17s as that is issue but me and a few others carry 40 or 45. If you havent guessed the problem yet, sure enough BONEHEAD was shooting 9mm in his new 40. Fortunately there was no damage to the XD, the instructor and I both gave it a good once over (instructor is a dip shit) and the gun was fine. I could not belive how reliable that thing was with 9mm ammo in it.  Since then the only flaw I have seen with the XD 40 is that it is only about 50% reliable with 9mm ammo.
Link Posted: 3/16/2005 1:52:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Wow, trying to figure out how that would work.
Link Posted: 3/16/2005 3:07:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Really!?

[Hops in truck with XD-40 and a box of 9mm for an........................ experiment]

WIZZO
Link Posted: 3/20/2005 7:15:01 AM EDT
[#3]
hahahahaha! + hahahahahahah! damn I like that, the wonders of control round feed, now I guess I don't have to get that 9mm barrel, I'll just shoot it through the 40s.
Link Posted: 3/22/2005 3:17:58 PM EDT
[#4]
 Wow! and nobody died. I like mine more all the time.
Link Posted: 3/23/2005 1:40:38 PM EDT
[#5]
Just some severe razzing. It is a very nice weapon.
Link Posted: 3/23/2005 1:44:42 PM EDT
[#6]
God you had me worried. Im going to buy one in the next couple of months and dont wanna hear bad news now
Link Posted: 3/24/2005 12:38:18 AM EDT
[#7]
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHA! Thats funnnnnny.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top