Warrior
Link Posted: 10/21/2006 4:52:05 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Warrior

what makes this superior to others?
Link Posted: 10/21/2006 10:23:31 AM EDT
[#3]
I believe the Warrior and Desert Warrior omit the completely unnecessary Schwarts type safety for one thing.
Link Posted: 10/21/2006 1:03:43 PM EDT
[#4]
Yeah, I picked the Warrior as well.  It's the only Kimber I really wanted.
Link Posted: 10/21/2006 2:24:07 PM EDT
[#5]
It really depends on what you are looking for in a gun.
Link Posted: 10/21/2006 4:51:10 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Warrior

Its relative....but I agree.  I prefer the 70 series safety....with added light rail.  Hard to beat for the $$.

PS - And not just because I have one
Link Posted: 10/21/2006 5:46:06 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Warrior

Its relative....but I agree.  I prefer the 70 series safety....with added light rail.  Hard to beat for the $$.

so light rails come stock for the warrior series ? how about the eclipse ??

i really like the eclipse target II... whats the difference between the eclipse and warriors... which is better ?

i wnat a .45 with a long barrel/slide thats thin yet wide , ease of aim and not toooo heavy
Link Posted: 10/21/2006 5:54:54 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Warrior

i really like the eclipse target II... whats the difference between the eclipse and warriors... which is better ?

i wnat a .45 with a long barrel/slide thats thin yet wide , ease of aim and not toooo heavy

Light rails are kind of the whole reason for the Warrior series.  You can't get one without them.

If you don't want heavy, don't get a Warrior.  It's not much heavier, but the rail adds some weight.

So you want "thin", yet "wide"?  Huh???
Link Posted: 10/21/2006 6:01:10 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Warrior

Light rails are kind of the whole reason for the Warrior series.  You can't get one without them.

If you don't want heavy, don't get a Warrior.  It's not much heavier, but the rail adds some weight.

ur take on the eclipse vs warrior ?
Link Posted: 10/21/2006 6:55:30 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Warrior

ur take on the eclipse vs warrior ?

I'm really not much help on the Kimber line.  I only know the Warrior.

My "requirements" were a 1911 with a rail and no extra safetys (such as a firing pin safety, etc).  I also wanted something that was decent quality (of course).  

I'm pretty happy with the Kimber I own.  I'd be a little hesitant of any Kimber with an external extractor and I'm not a big fan of the firing pin safety.  That doesn't leave much room unfortunately.
Link Posted: 10/21/2006 7:03:23 PM EDT
[#11]
What is your intended purpose for the gun? Do you need a rail?  Both will put bullets downrange with probably no difference in accuracy. The Warrior lacks the swartz safety which is a plus in most peoples book but really doesn't make it any better. If you have no use for the rail it really doesn't make any sense. It adds weight and makes it hard to get a holster to fit the gun. The Eclipse is basically a basic 1911 with a checkered frontstrap and a nifty black stainless finish that will scratch if you look at it funny.
Link Posted: 10/21/2006 7:10:35 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
What is your intended purpose for the gun? Do you need a rail?  Both will put bullets downrange with probably no difference in accuracy. The Warrior lacks the swartz safety which is a plus in most peoples book but really doesn't make it any better. If you have no use for the rail it really doesn't make any sense. It adds weight and makes it hard to get a holster to fit the gun. The Eclipse is basically a basic 1911 with a checkered frontstrap and a nifty black stainless finish that will scratch if you look at it funny.

as far as 1911's go that have the same long slide and barrel as the eclipse what would you suggest?  if you say warrior... lol
Link Posted: 10/21/2006 7:21:51 PM EDT
[#13]
OK OK HERE IT IS.

which KIMBER (1911) has the most accuracy for a .45 and looks the best ? money is no object.

now would you rather get this or the springfield 1911 pro model
Link Posted: 10/22/2006 6:12:03 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 10/22/2006 7:32:08 AM EDT
[#15]
I'm sorry but are you like 12 years old?
Likely every gun in Kimbers lineup is more accurate than you and all 5" Kimbers are pretty darn close in all but the best shooters hands. As for looks... How can WE tell YOU what YOU think looks the best.
Link Posted: 10/22/2006 8:30:55 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
I'm sorry but are you like 12 years old?
Likely every gun in Kimbers lineup is more accurate than you and all 5" Kimbers are pretty darn close in all but the best shooters hands. As for looks... How can WE tell YOU what YOU think looks the best.

Don't be too hard on him.  He's obviously just new to handguns.  No biggie.  If you haven't spent much time behind a handgun and don't know much about them, then these seem like reasonable questions.
Link Posted: 10/22/2006 3:42:23 PM EDT
[#17]
Any Kimber Ive ever owned, except 1 limited edition ultra carry, will shoot one-hole jagged groups at 25 yds, as will most other name brands upper end lines.

Just pick one you like, and that will run, and shoot it until its like a part of your hand....chances are any of the guns you mentioned will out shoot you.....and me.
Link Posted: 10/22/2006 9:13:58 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 10/22/2006 10:00:29 PM EDT
[#19]
The original Series 1 Custom is awesome.
Link Posted: 10/23/2006 4:00:35 PM EDT
[#20]
 I'm partial to my TLE/RL II. Pretty accurate for a 4 inch barrel.
Link Posted: 10/23/2006 6:44:00 PM EDT
[#22]
+1 for the Warrior
Link Posted: 10/24/2006 2:37:20 AM EDT
[#23]
Troll
Link Posted: 10/24/2006 2:45:38 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 10/24/2006 2:50:24 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 11/28/2006 2:43:44 PM EDT
[#29]
B_B should possibly consider obtaining a library card, then putting said card to good use.

suggestion.
Link Posted: 11/29/2006 12:00:29 AM EDT
[#30]
and lots more to come dang na bit
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top