Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/11/2006 6:59:13 AM EDT
The folks at Kimber have introduced their version of a glock type service auto in .40 cal., at the Vagas Shot Show. The new auto has a grip system similar to the S&W MP in that it has replaceable grip inserts to accommodate various size hands. Appears to be a DAO trigger, on a plastic frame.  The Kimber web site doesn't have any info on the new model.  
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 7:15:45 AM EDT
[#1]
Old news. It's been discussed on pretty much every gun board for the past two months, at least.

forums.1911forum.com/showthread.php?t=131325

Link Posted: 2/11/2006 7:21:38 AM EDT
[#2]
Magazine safety disconnector...

Hopefully it will be easy to remove.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 7:28:33 AM EDT
[#3]
Integral lock, mag safety disconnector, and Kimber "quality"?

No thanks, I'll pass.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 11:53:27 AM EDT
[#4]
Wow, what a rip. I'd take the S&W MP.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 12:44:37 PM EDT
[#5]
I don't see it going anywhere unless it's priced under a Glock. I think they should stick to 1911's.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 6:04:12 PM EDT
[#6]
Looks alot like the new Beretta.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 5:20:59 PM EDT
[#7]
Looks like another case of marketing gone awry.  Companies need to stick with what they do best and simply refine it when they need to.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 7:28:45 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 4:53:23 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

No thanks, I'll pass.

HEH

Another former kimber owner I see.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 5:16:50 PM EDT
[#10]
I still own one, but that's only because I'm more than a bit hard-headed. It will work properly, even if it means I have to gut the POS and replace all of the internals with quality parts.  
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 5:18:30 PM EDT
[#11]
I think it's excellent marketing strategy. Bill Gates didn't get rich by selling just an operating system. Most of the manufacturers seem to have some type of "cop gun" nowadays. No sense not vying for some of that market share. Even Wilson Combat is making polymer non-1911's.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 6:08:38 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Even Wilson Combat is making SELLING polymer non-1911's.

Link Posted: 2/20/2006 10:37:46 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The pistol that Wilson is importing is already sold here. No one typically notices it because they seem to always be in the "Saturday Night Special" cases with all of the other sub $200 pistols. If Wilson sells them for over $300, I'm going to mention the Heritage model in every post about their new pictols I see. Wilson Combat makes some good stuff, but I've heard from many people these pistols are junk, hence their Jennings/Bryco/Lorcin price range.

You can see one for sale >HERE<.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 7:06:15 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

The pistol that Wilson is importing is already sold here. No one typically notices it because they seem to always be in the "Saturday Night Special" cases with all of the other sub $200 pistols. If Wilson sells them for over $300, I'm going to mention the Heritage model in every post about their new pictols I see. Wilson Combat makes some good stuff, but I've heard from many people these pistols are junk, hence their Jennings/Bryco/Lorcin price range.

You can see one for sale >HERE<.

I'm not sure that is what i was thinking of. This one is slightly different, but who am I to say who makes it? It says "Wilson Combat" on the slide though.

Link Posted: 2/20/2006 7:54:40 PM EDT
[#15]
Wow, I hate to hijack this thread, but I have to voice my disgust over that Wilson gun.  It looks like an abortion.  The overly square backstrap looks like it will fit the web of the hand like a two by four.  The arch at the bottom of the backstrap is way too pronounced, and those finger grooves are just plain sad.  That gun looks so bad that I would almost think that JAFO is posting an elaborate practical joke, but I heard about this gun from someone else.

It's a sad day when Wilson does something this stupid.  Oh well, S&W had the Sigma, Colt had the All American 2000, and now Wilson has a pistol that looks sadder than either.  
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 7:59:46 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

No thanks, I'll pass.

HEH

Another former kimber owner I see.

+1
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 9:33:32 AM EDT
[#17]
I guess Springfield is making so many sales with the XD, that everyone wants to get in on the action - hence the new Kimber Polymer. I have no idea what Wilson is thinking, though....
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top