Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/27/2001 7:48:50 PM EDT
I have a glock 29 and a kimber sub compact 45 and need some advice on some good holsters. I'm looking for one on the hip, and maybe on in the small of my back. ANy advice would be appreciated:)
Link Posted: 10/31/2001 8:39:37 AM EDT
[#1]
edblevi,

Try this site:

www.tetragon.ca/holster.html.

You can order direct from Lou Alessi.

I bought one for my Springfield 45 recently and I've been real happy with it. The price was reasonable too.
Link Posted: 11/3/2001 6:21:54 PM EDT
[#2]
I've had good results using a Blade-tek IWB with my GLock 30.
Link Posted: 11/3/2001 7:30:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Manti, if you don't mind my asking what did you give for the holster for the Springfield?
Link Posted: 11/3/2001 8:34:10 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Manti, if you don't mind my asking what did you give for the holster for the Springfield?

CIB,

It was $40.00. The local gun shops sell them for $45 to $50, but I picked it up right at the store, so it was cheaper.

I did some research before I bought it and Alessi's products get good reviews on www.1911forum.com. I'm very happy with the quality.
Link Posted: 11/9/2001 6:31:49 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm really fond of Fobus holsters for the Glock. Their paddle holster is easy to put on and remove, very comfortable, and holds the pistol so close to your side you barely realize it's there. And why not a plastic holstr for a plastic gun?
Link Posted: 11/10/2001 9:34:10 AM EDT
[#6]
Try Wild Bills.  They take some time but they are great with customer service and such

www.wildbillsconcealment.com

Link Posted: 11/11/2001 3:58:18 AM EDT
[#7]
Try www.donhume.com. I have always liked his holsters for CCW. He has a large selection of styles and his prices are real reasonable. He has been in business for a while. The quality can't be beat IMO. The only complaint about him is that he will not make a holster for the desert baby eagle. I guess he does not receive enough requests for this gun.
Link Posted: 11/19/2001 7:19:16 AM EDT
[#8]
My Kimber Pro Carry is my everyday carry piece, and I have a drawer full of holsters (about 8 or so) that I bought before I got the great advice to get a Milt Sparks Versa Max II. I got ahold of Allan Yoast at [email protected] and he got me one really quickly.

It's light, comfortable, well-built to last, holds the pistol in against your body to minimize printing and just fits.

It's the one I reach for.
Link Posted: 11/24/2001 9:49:41 AM EDT
[#9]
If you go over to GlockTalk, you'll see that alot over there prefer sidearmor kydex holsters. I have a IWB for a G27 and it is very comfortable. Check out their site... www.sidearmor.net/
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top