Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/12/2012 8:41:16 PM EDT
Just bought a Liberty Colonial 23 gun safe and it was delivered today.  Got it in the house and will bolt it down after work tomorrow.
Questions:
1)  I will be bolting it to a wood floor.  The floor is 1/2 plywood over 3 inch sub-floor planking.  I plan on using 5 inch lag bolts with large washers.  The nuts w/a washer will be inside and bolt head under the sub-floor - and I am thinking of using nylon locking nuts.  I am thinking that this will make it very secure.  Thoughts??
There is a punch out at the bottom of the safe w/ plug that the dehumidifier plug goes to.  As I am installing this in a closet, I will have to install an outlet in the closet.  No problem as there is a plug next to the closet that I can piggyback off of.  
2)  Question is, the dehumidifier is pretty small and I know they normally go in the back.  With the relatively small rifle rack area on the side, I would like a larger Golden Rod, such as a 24" one and want to put it on the floor up towards the door as there are no obstructions, such as the shelf support.  Is there a concern with this, other then being careful not to whack it with rifle buts.  Anyone else mount it up front?
3)  Is the Golden Rod dehumidifier enough, or do I need to add a Remington Mini-Dehumidifier recommended?
Thank you for your input.  Any other suggestions?

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top