Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/22/2011 5:55:26 PM EDT
I have no idea what I did, but the kydex handcuff thread from last week is nowhere to be found when I log in.  So, like I promised in that thread, here are some pics of a kydex cuff case I made (I have made several like this).  This is on my SWAT rig.  I wore it on my primary duty belt for about 5 years before moving it to my SWAT rig.  I didn't feel like stripping down my entire rig to take pics of the back of the pouch, sorry.

The whole cuff case is one piece of kydex that is molded around the cuffs and then folded back over the back to make a channel for the belt, like Blade-Tech did on their original kydex holsters.  The cuffs fit VERY snug, but come out easily.  As you can see, it is very low profile.

The only issue some might have with it is that it is not modular. It could be made that way very easily, but this one is not.  I have made several that attach to Tek-Loks that have seen constant use for YEARS without issue, but they stick out a little further from the belt.

Before anyone asks, no, I'm not making these to sell. No time.  I posted this so that you can see there are other options if someone wants to make them.
Link Posted: 10/23/2011 3:03:58 AM EDT
[#1]
That thread that disappeared was mine. Your cuff pouch looks very well made. I like that design. Do you think it would be any trickier for a pair of chain cuffs rather than hinged? I would think the hinged would be easier to reholster than chain with that style, but with practice probably no problem.

The kydex bikini cuff pouch about which I originally posted is being made in prototype form by another forum member here. It should be completed soon and I can't wait to check it out!
Link Posted: 10/23/2011 7:07:34 AM EDT
[#2]
Chained aren't a big deal. The bottom of the pouch where the chains sit needs opened up slightly so the cuffs slide down completely every time. You're right though, it just takes amlittle practice to get the technique down.

What happened to the thread?  Did I do something on my end?
Link Posted: 10/24/2011 12:53:42 AM EDT
[#3]
You did nothing wrong. No one is in trouble. There was a link to a website in a sig line that was not previously approved––would have been too much editing.

I hope to post a review of the bikini pouch when I have had a chance to work with it a bit. Thanks for the additional design idea!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top