Site Notices
Posted: 1/28/2006 12:47:47 PM EDT
want to install it on my 96FS

will I have any problems?
am I about to make a mistake?

Gary
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 2:06:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Might want to check with CDNN, but if it's a F type kit, you will need to change out the FS hammer pin to the F typepin (or reduces the lip diameter of the flange on the FS pin).  Chances are the G side is not channel cut for the FS slide retension system.
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 2:14:41 PM EDT
[#2]
yeah it states "Convert Your 92F to 40s&w • Decocker Safety • Good To Excellent Condition • Includes Barrel, Slide, All Silde Ports, Guide Rod, Spring and 1-11rd Mag "

since mine is a FS, I will have to make that change

thanks for pointing that out

Gary
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 10:34:13 AM EDT
[#3]
I have been using the CDNN 96G upper on my 92FS for two months now. I have not had any problems at all.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 7:59:17 AM EDT
[#4]
just installed a 96G upper on my 96FS, you wouldn't think a slightly smaller slide is a big deal, but man, it is. WOW

did not need to replace the Hammer pin either. the upper already had the FS style canal in the slide.

Gary
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 11:17:37 AM EDT
[#5]
just got  back from the range

flawless preformance

Gary
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 4:54:30 PM EDT
[#6]
tag for later...

I bought one of the full size kits the other day and am looking forward to trying it out.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 5:01:09 PM EDT
[#7]
silly question:

will all my 92 accessories work with the 96 conversion?

(mag holders and holster)
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 1:15:26 PM EDT
[#8]
yes they should work just fine i have a 96 and a 92 and i use the same holster for both
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 2:04:37 PM EDT
[#9]
All 96's have the same hammer pin/slide retention feature as the 92FS.  They came out after the 92FS, so the whole 96 line features the same slide retention stuff as the "FS".

Link Posted: 4/15/2006 4:52:08 AM EDT
[#10]
to followup on my own question and to verify the response I received.

Yes, all the stuff I have for the 92 works with the 96 slide installed.

the slide assembly swaps out no problem

feed and function were the same (no feed or funtion problems)

mags insert normally and fall free.  mags are, for all sense of purpose, the same size as the 92's and thus the mag holders work the same.

holster fits and performs the same.

overall, a cool way to get .40 S&W.

now I will say I had a WTF? moment when I compared my buddies .40 S&W pistol  magazine (14rds(and I forget the model)) to the 96 magazine (11) and the S&W was SMALLER!!!!!!!  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top