Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/16/2005 6:31:32 AM EDT
well after fondling many pistols i have picked one for my B.U.G.

inox 3032 tomcat

got it at the houston gunshow for a very nice price compared to what i have seen elsewhere, $299

picked up two extra mags for it as well.

forgot to add this thing is handles, grips and shoots much better than the kel-tecs i have shot in the past.

before buying the tomcat i compared it with other pocket guns.

the n.a.a guardian .32/.380 and the kel-tec in .380

none fit my hand as well as the tomcat and the features it has over the others shined big time along with the price

i will be pocket carrying this piece along with my glock23/27.
going to function test/break it in right now along with finding out which ammo it likes and dislikes.
Link Posted: 10/16/2005 5:56:24 PM EDT
[#1]
I had one, sold it and have been regretting it ever since.  These are very nice CC weapons.  Mine was reliable with Beretta mags.  Also, these little guns will suprise you with their accuracy.  
Link Posted: 10/16/2005 9:22:58 PM EDT
[#2]
wrung it out today and have to say i am very happy with my purchase!

ammo tested

federal 65gr. hydra-shock
cor-bon 60gr
winchester silvertips
winchester white box 71gr.
remington 71gr.

all fed great, all accurate as hell and this thing has no recoil to it! got two extra beretta mags and they worked great! 300rds without a single problem is agreeable with me.

now to order some 10rd promags and see how they work along with a donhume pocket holster.

Link Posted: 10/19/2005 10:59:57 AM EDT
[#3]
i have one just like it.  i kinda want the black one too, because the slide is slightly narrower (if that how you say it.
Link Posted: 10/19/2005 4:17:12 PM EDT
[#4]
MABY THE 10 ROUNDERS FOR THE RANGE ONLY.Man what a jewel of a bug!
Link Posted: 10/20/2005 2:55:18 AM EDT
[#5]
i have read that others have had great results with the pro-mag 10rders along with the 7's

i think im going to try them out and see, also saw that some dealers offer the MDS mags which have all the stampings of the factory ones but with a ~$5 cheaper price tag.

thanks for all the comps
Link Posted: 10/20/2005 3:49:15 PM EDT
[#6]
Beretta pocket pistols are great, aren't they? I don't carry my Jetfire .25, but it's loads of fun to take out and blast some cans with. And as twistedcomrade says, they are pretty damn accurate. My Model 1934 .380 is still kicking ass at over 60 years old!!
Link Posted: 10/21/2005 10:22:17 AM EDT
[#7]
well took apart my tomcat today and found that i had a broken ejector

didnt even notice it while shooting so i think i might have did it myself when trying to clean it, made a phone call to berettausa and spoke with customer service and he told me he would get one out to me and i should recieve it within 5-6days.

though im kinda disappointed the ejector broke cause i wanted to take it out today im glad the service is great and i didnt have to mail in my gun nor pay out of pocket.
Link Posted: 10/27/2005 5:31:07 PM EDT
[#8]
On the Beretta forum, I believe I read that these guns were not designed to be shot alot, and would not hold up well to large round counts. Don't over do it and you should be ok. I had a .25 Jetfire that I should have kept.
Link Posted: 10/28/2005 4:03:21 AM EDT
[#9]
from what i heard most problems came when the 1k mark hit, so what i plan on doing is getting there before warranty is up.

i feel the same about cars, most people let high dollar cars sit in the gargae and then decide to drive it when warranty is up thinking "oh well, its an old car now". kinda stupid to me. im gonna put the mileage on it now and if its gonna break im making sure to do it when there's warranty
Link Posted: 10/30/2005 11:19:44 AM EDT
[#11]
ordered a donhume pocket holster for my little bug, using a cheap uncle mike's one right now till it to hold me off till the other one gets here and it sucks big time.

picture borrowed from donhume.com
Link Posted: 11/7/2005 3:05:09 AM EDT
[#12]
pics of the tomcat with new don hume pocket holster.

also got the ejector replaced with parts sent under warranty from berettausa,
Link Posted: 11/7/2005 12:46:46 PM EDT
[#13]
I have the same gun and really love it.  I chose it for exactly the same reasons you did.

So far I have about 3,000 rounds through it and no problems.  Glad to hear Beretta took care of you though.

I started out using a Milt Sparks pocket holster which was ok.  I have since switched to a DeSantis Nemesis which I much prefer.  I wish I would have figured that out before I spent the $ on the Sparks.  Let me know how you like your Don Hume.

I found this image which caught my attention for the finger extension.  I started a thread in the Beretta forum but no one seems to have any experience with it.  Next time I am at a gun show I will pick up a used mag and see if it works.

Enjoy your new aquisition.

Seydou
Link Posted: 11/7/2005 3:00:51 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
I have the same gun and really love it.  I chose it for exactly the same reasons you did.

So far I have about 3,000 rounds through it and no problems.  Glad to hear Beretta took care of you though.

I started out using a Milt Sparks pocket holster which was ok.  I have since switched to a DeSantis Nemesis which I much prefer.  I wish I would have figured that out before I spent the $ on the Sparks.  Let me know how you like your Don Hume.

I found this image which caught my attention for the finger extension.  I started a thread in the Beretta forum but no one seems to have any experience with it.  Next time I am at a gun show I will pick up a used mag and see if it works.

Enjoy your new aquisition.

Seydou

well i was the cause of the broken ejector and beretta was nice enough to replace it for me under warranty.

as for the holster im lovin it a lot more than the uncle mike's great pocket holster. needs breaking in though since the leather is real tight right now but slowly working it in.

i have around 600rds through mine and have yet noticed any problems with it and it functions great and is super accurate.

as for the mag extensions i have found that what people are using is the bersa thunder .380 mag floorplates. probably the best place to find them is through beretta? havent found any source for them seperately.

3k rounds?? from what i have read this is suppose to be a thousand round gun and thats it! i doubted it since i have yet to experience the problems as some others. great to hear that your's is still ticking!
Link Posted: 11/8/2005 6:26:12 AM EDT
[#15]
got some new grips from grips for guns.com

a bit thicker so it fills the palm real well.

Link Posted: 11/8/2005 7:35:21 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
got some new grips from grips for guns.com

a bit thicker so it fills the palm real well.

img.photobucket.com/albums/v337/cfeklikewhoa/tomcat/IMG_0570.jpg
img.photobucket.com/albums/v337/cfeklikewhoa/tomcat/IMG_0569.jpg

Did these grips change the way your Tomcat fits in the holster?  Looks like it shouldn't be a problem.  How are they for installation?  Seems like every time I take my grips off for cleaning the safety lever has to come off which leads to the detent and spring flying across the room.  And damn they are small!

I have looked at the .380 finger extension and it doesn't appear it will work.  The .22 looks like it might however.  It puzzles me why Beretta has not made one.  I would think they would sell more than a few of them.

Seydou
Link Posted: 11/8/2005 1:35:02 PM EDT
[#17]
heres a picture with a slight description of the bersa.380 floorplate on a 3032 mag
borrowed from: thearmedcitizen.com

A Beretta Tomcat with rosewood grips, a Pocket
Slipper laser and a Bersa 380 finger extension
added to bottom of the magazine. This allows
gripping with three fingers once again, steadys
the grip and improves accuracy.

some links i found at berettaforum.net
Link Posted: 11/8/2005 1:39:16 PM EDT
[#18]
the grips do not change how it fits into the holster but it does change how the grip in your hands is.
i always have the problem with the safety detent flying off so i started using a giant zip-loc bag and taking the gun apart while in the bag.

the grips are just like the factory ones which are a bit tricky to get the safety side on but nothing painful.
Link Posted: 11/8/2005 4:15:35 PM EDT
[#19]
I found the same pic awhile ago and after looking at the .380 extension with the Tomcat mag in person, I don't think it will work.  I will try the .22 and the .380 and let you know if one works.

Great idea re:the ziplock, I'll definitely use it.

Thanks.

Seydou
Link Posted: 11/8/2005 4:39:37 PM EDT
[#20]
I had one in black, it was a nice shooting pistol.  I would not carry it as a primary CCW gun unless thats all I could conceal.  Sounds like you will just use it for backup?

Perry
Link Posted: 11/9/2005 4:30:12 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
I found the same pic awhile ago and after looking at the .380 extension with the Tomcat mag in person, I don't think it will work.  I will try the .22 and the .380 and let you know if one works.

Great idea re:the ziplock, I'll definitely use it.

Thanks.

Seydou

one of the links to berettaforums.net state that they do work and there is slight "modifying" required
Link Posted: 11/9/2005 4:30:47 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
I had one in black, it was a nice shooting pistol.  I would not carry it as a primary CCW gun unless thats all I could conceal.  Sounds like you will just use it for backup?

Perry

my backup/pocket pistol carry it along with my g23/g27
Link Posted: 11/19/2005 12:52:01 AM EDT
[#23]
just recieved my 10rd pro-mags for my little tomcat and will be testing them out later today.
Link Posted: 11/25/2005 11:24:33 AM EDT
[#24]
went to test the two 10rd pro-mags that i got and one work flawlessly right out the package and the other need some tweaking to the feedlips.

got both running like a raped ape, went through another 300rds with my tomcat without a single failure

also was able to feed some gold dots and some hornady hp's through it without a single failure and quite accurate too.
Link Posted: 12/6/2005 9:28:50 PM EDT
[#25]
I have to pipe up for the tomcat. THis is my only concealed carry. I am a mommy and it is perfect. The Beretta is one of the few that has a safety on it. The safety is easy to undo if you know it is there and the gun is small enough to fit invisibly in a purse or a pocket. And never jams. I love it.
Link Posted: 12/11/2005 1:30:53 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

When it was first introduced Beretta said the Tomcat had an expected service life of only 300 rounds.  Clearly a gun built to be carried a lot and shot very little, like the SW380 "Sigma."
Link Posted: 12/11/2005 2:54:02 PM EDT
[#27]
tag for the grips and holster

HOW does the corbon ammo shoot?  60 or 70 grains? I assume your not using the glaser saftey slug stuff...
Link Posted: 12/12/2005 12:13:21 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

When it was first introduced Beretta said the Tomcat had an expected service life of only 300 rounds.  Clearly a gun built to be carried a lot and shot very little, like the SW380 "Sigma."

well i have close to 1k through the tomcat now and about 400rds since the replacing of the ejector and it has function fine, also i really think that i broke the ejector when field stripping. also there have been changes in the pistol since its release.
Link Posted: 12/12/2005 12:15:57 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
tag for the grips and holster

HOW does the corbon ammo shoot?  60 or 70 grains? I assume your not using the glaser saftey slug stuff...

i was using the 60gr. stuff and i dont know what glaser safety is? the best ammo or most accurate i have found where the golddots and the hydra-shocks, winchester white box is pretty accuarate too.
Link Posted: 12/12/2005 12:19:58 PM EDT
[#30]
eklikwhoa,

How far Do the 10 round mags go past the bottom of the grip? I was wondering because I have a tomcat and was considering about getting some of the 10 round pro mags for my buggy gun. Pics would be cool if ya dont mind
Link Posted: 12/12/2005 1:13:48 PM EDT
[#31]
dont have pics but will get some up later, they hang about a inch below the grip.
Link Posted: 12/12/2005 10:59:01 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
dont have pics but will get some up later, they hang about a inch below the grip.

That Aint Bad, thanks man... get those pics when possible... here is my baby http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b89/AmericanSniper/BerettaTomCat.jpg
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 4:03:04 AM EDT
[#33]
heres my tomcat with the pro-mag 10rd.

though handy i would not trust my lilfe on it. hard to rack the first round when fully loaded on and inserting on the closed slide. when doing so it jams the first round down and sometimes it stays that way and fails to feed. a little tweaking gets it running pretty well but still not 100%reliable.
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 10:51:20 PM EDT
[#34]
So it is worth getting?
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 3:33:41 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
So it is worth getting?

the mags or the tomcat?

the tomcat is well worth it and the mags were cheap and are fun for range work, if you tweak the feedlips a bit they work pretty well. just gotta get to the same measurements as the factory ones.
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 11:14:59 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:
So it is worth getting?

the mags or the tomcat?

the tomcat is well worth it and the mags were cheap and are fun for range work, if you tweak the feedlips a bit they work pretty well. just gotta get to the same measurements as the factory ones.

I agree its, worth getting.... very good for concealment. a "hidden little suprise* you could call it.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 2:00:24 AM EDT
[#37]
how much was the 10 round mags and whats the web site to buy them from?

I ordered the don hume and the rosewoods for my tomcat 32 today!

thanks for the post info

also the Glaser Saftey slug is made by Corbon/Glaser that is the official name, go to their site and check out the 32 saftey slug...its basically got #12 shot in a composite to create a "masive wound channel"  I have heard that the #12 shot just piles up in bone, like the pelvis etc, but can create masive shock, just what ive heard and read however.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 5:34:20 AM EDT
[#38]
natchezss.com

11.99 for one
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 8:46:13 AM EDT
[#39]
I got a little black Tomcat that I love!!  I have it as a back-up, and it is also perfect for when skimpy clothes don't allow for a lot of concealing!
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 9:15:51 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
I got a little black Tomcat that I love!!  I have it as a back-up, and it is also perfect for when skimpy clothes don't allow for a lot of concealing!

the thought of skimpy clothing and a ccw is just plain sexy.
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 1:44:17 PM EDT
[#41]
When I was a LEO I had one as a back-up. My wife made me a holster that attached to my body armor's velcro.

I traded it off and I want another one...
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 8:52:30 PM EDT
[#42]
I've been thinking of getting one for when I need something easier to conceal than my glock 30 or vertec 92fs
those wood grips look sweet, and that site you linked to has wood grips for the vertec, first I've seen. might have to buy some
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 5:00:45 AM EDT
[#43]
after having this pistol i dont think i could ever part with it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top