Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/15/2001 9:35:57 AM EDT
Does anyone know the capacity for the hi-cap mags for the Beretta 96?  Thanks.
Link Posted: 10/15/2001 2:49:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Did some quick searches, and it looks like the majority of Beretta 96 high-cap mags hold a whopping 11 rounds.

Viper Out
Link Posted: 10/16/2001 5:42:05 AM EDT
[#2]
Ok... I guess I can quite laughing now.   Not much of a difference in the hi-caps to justify the cost I guess.  Thanks.
Link Posted: 10/26/2001 5:13:51 PM EDT
[#3]
I have both a 92FS and 96FS and use the high cap 9mm mags in my .40. Ive been doing this for about 6 years now and have never had a failure to feed in many thousands of rounds fired.

BKVic
Link Posted: 10/27/2001 9:39:26 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I have both a 92FS and 96FS and use the high cap 9mm mags in my .40. Ive been doing this for about 6 years now and have never had a failure to feed in many thousands of rounds fired.

BKVic

Cool.  There's a slight difference in the feed lips, I think.  Gets a couple of extras in though.  I found some Mec-Gar 12-rd. mags when they were available years ago.  Lucky me.

Still and all, 10-12, big deal.
.40 is the magic #.
Link Posted: 10/28/2001 4:00:14 AM EDT
[#5]
Factory hi-caps hold 11 if memory serves.  
Link Posted: 10/28/2001 9:36:13 AM EDT
[#6]
BusMaster007, your right that there is a difference in the feed lips to the front of the mag but it is only a 1/16 if an inch and that doesnt seem to bother the .40 round. If I put a 9mm in one of the .40 mags you can pull up on the front of the round and stove pipe it but I only shoot the .40s out of my high cap 9mm mags so I dont worry about that.

BKVic
Link Posted: 10/29/2001 5:16:49 AM EDT
[#7]
Hey BKvic, how many 40s are you able to get in the 9mm mag?
Link Posted: 10/29/2001 12:58:25 PM EDT
[#8]
You can get 12 rounds of .40 into a factory Beretta hi-cap 9mm mag and and 12 into the 15 round Asian military mags that CDNN Investment sells. I havent tried any of the other mags out there because they are junk and not worth the money,except MecGar, I just have never had the chance to buy any of their pre-bans.
      When I go to the range to shoot I'll put 12 rounds into the mags but the spring is pushed awful tight. Since Im shooting them right away I dont worry about it but I would never store them with 12 rounds in there for fear of weakening the spring and having it jam when you need it most. Since Ohio doesnt have CCW yet I can't carry but I keep 11 in the mag and one in the tube at home.
   Although Ive never had one of the Asian mags jam on me I only use the factory Beretta mags for personal protection. The steel that the mag body is made of is a little thicker and I just feel safer using them.

BKVic
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top