Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/12/2001 5:22:10 PM EDT
I'm the proud owner of a 92FS, but I still find myself wanting the better power of the 96 sometimes.

Are the frames on these two the same?  Can I take a 96 barrel / slide and use them with my 92 frame?  Seems like that would be a lot cheaper than buying another whole pistol.  And no FFL fees.
Link Posted: 10/12/2001 8:32:30 PM EDT
[#1]
I hear you.  That would be nice, wouldn't it.  However, I believe we (as 92 owners) are SOL on this count.  96's can have a 9mm conversion like you are describing, but I'm fairly sure that the 92 cannot go up to .40.

Viper Out
Link Posted: 10/13/2001 4:53:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Seems like if it's interchangable with one, it would go the other way, too.  Unless it was something like a frame strength issue.  I would think that the beefed up slide would take care of that, though.
Link Posted: 10/13/2001 8:29:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Well, I did some research, and it turns out that you're right (in a bad way).  You can't switch the 92 to 96 NOR the 96 to a 92.

www.berettausa.com/customer_service/FAQS/index_query.cfm?AreaID=PISTOLS

Don't give up hope, however.  As Beretta does make a 92/96 combo.  Can't get any more info on it presently, but I got most of my info here:

www.beretta-forum.com/ubb/Forum6/HTML/000704.html

Viper Out
Link Posted: 10/13/2001 9:28:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Well, that answers that.  Should have thought to look there myself.  Thanks.

Now the question becomes.. IF I do decide to buy a 96 sometime... Black, or another Stainless?  [:\]
Link Posted: 10/27/2001 9:45:30 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Well, that answers that.  Should have thought to look there myself.  Thanks.

Now the question becomes.. IF I do decide to buy a 96 sometime... Black, or another Stainless?  [:\]

black
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top