Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/1/2005 7:36:22 PM EDT
Link Posted: 11/1/2005 7:53:34 PM EDT
[#1]

Sweet!

(I'm not a fan of Hogues on semi-autos, either.)

Link Posted: 11/1/2005 9:31:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Must get one.......
Link Posted: 11/1/2005 9:41:10 PM EDT
[#3]
Congrats on the new pistol. I think it is a great deal.
Link Posted: 11/1/2005 9:45:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Nice find.  The 220 is my next gun purchase also.
Link Posted: 11/1/2005 9:47:47 PM EDT
[#5]
Very, very nice!  Congrats!

coburn
Link Posted: 11/1/2005 9:53:45 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 11/1/2005 9:56:15 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 11/1/2005 10:07:41 PM EDT
[#8]
You did damn good!!!
Link Posted: 11/2/2005 2:22:15 AM EDT
[#9]
Nice pistol

Max
Link Posted: 11/2/2005 4:42:21 AM EDT
[#10]
I'm tempted to replace my 220 w/o rail with one of these.

Interresting to see that the takedown lever looks like stamped steel whereas it is machined on my 220.
Link Posted: 11/2/2005 9:33:30 AM EDT
[#11]
very nice.

wow.

Ronald
Link Posted: 11/2/2005 10:15:58 AM EDT
[#12]
That's a great deal.  My ST might need a brother!
Link Posted: 11/2/2005 12:51:26 PM EDT
[#13]
Am I missing something? I can never find guns for sale on CDNN. Is there a section I am missing?
Link Posted: 11/2/2005 2:26:47 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Am I missing something? I can never find guns for sale on CDNN. Is there a section I am missing?

Download the catalog.  They are always in there.
Link Posted: 11/2/2005 5:45:34 PM EDT
[#15]
Wow, thats a smokin' deal. I wish I wasn't overloaded on SIGs or I'd be
mighty tempted!

On second thought-I could always use another 45.
Link Posted: 11/2/2005 6:25:30 PM EDT
[#16]
Thanks!
Link Posted: 11/3/2005 12:44:27 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Wow, thats a smokin' deal. I wish I wasn't overloaded on SIGs or I'd be
mighty tempted!

On second thought-I could always use another 45.

Boy is that the truth. LOL
Link Posted: 11/4/2005 11:47:15 AM EDT
[#18]
That's sweet. Anybody else landed one? I am looking throught their catalog now.
Link Posted: 11/4/2005 1:33:00 PM EDT
[#19]
I ordered one today, hope to have it sometime next week.  I will post a few pictures of it.  The sales rep i spoke to said they had two different levels of the, good to Very good for 459.00 and like new for 479.00.  I got the like new, its only 20.00 WTF, right?
Link Posted: 11/4/2005 2:39:31 PM EDT
[#20]
Wow.
Link Posted: 11/7/2005 1:51:17 PM EDT
[#21]
Just ordered one too.  We will see how it looks when it comes in.
Link Posted: 11/7/2005 3:37:26 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 11/9/2005 11:43:37 PM EDT
[#23]
Wow, for that price, I almost feel bad for picking mine up...  Like-new, Meprolight sights, Hogue wraparounds, two 8 round mags, original case, and a SigTac folding blade...  For $700.

But, I still don't regret the purchase one bit...  Proud to say it's the second handgun I've ever owned.  Purchased mere hours after picking up the P226N to it's right.

I can assure you, you will not be disappointed.  Especially for the prices CDNN has them going for.

I agree with you on the finish of the grip screws, mine could use a bit of touching up too.
As for the wear on the side of the barrel: just lets you know she's not a safe queen.
And the Hogues?  Love the feel of them, but I also wouldn't mind having a pair of orignal grips, just for the sake of having all the "original" parts.

All-in-all, I'd have to say you got a great deal.

One thing I noticed: In the catalog, check the lower right hand corner of page 40. "220, Night sights, accessory rail, 1-7 round mag, excellent to like new used very little. $479."  Then check the lower right hand corner of page 41... "220, Night sigs, accessory rail, 2-8 round mags, great price. $649."    I had a hard time understanding whether or not the one on page 41 was new or used, CPO, or what...  I'm doubting the difference in magazines would cause that large of a price jump...
Link Posted: 11/10/2005 10:54:02 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 11/10/2005 3:31:24 PM EDT
[#25]
Who has the Novak magazines?
Link Posted: 11/10/2005 3:54:22 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Got mine HERE Doc.

As for 220 grips I perfer the older (non 220 script) grips with griptape cut to fit into the indentations
Link Posted: 11/10/2005 6:45:34 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 11/10/2005 6:48:06 PM EDT
[#28]
Sorry guys, some issue with the image hosting site.  Also having problems with missing text message.  I'll get pics of the pistol up tomorrow.
Link Posted: 11/11/2005 10:56:16 AM EDT
[#29]
I got my two Sig P220R’s the other night; both were in blue Sig hard cases, each with one 7 rnd mag, and one with a locking cable.  These are “USED” handguns; CDNN advertises them to be “Excellent to Like New, Used Very Little”; that in my opinion is a bit of a stretch of the truth.  Maybe I'm being to picky?  When I spoke to a sale agent he said they would come with Sig Factory Grips not after market Hogue’s or anything like that, they both have Hogue’s on them.  And both sets of grips are in some what poor condition, rusty grip screws.  But getting back to the like new blurb, excellent to like new guns some not have RUST on them, should they?  One of the two had some surface and intermediate rust on the right side where the mag release is.  

So I cleaned them both up real good last night and this morning, barrels are in good condition (so far), the night sights are original Siglites and are not the newest in the world.  They are useable however.  I will be replacing them in the next year or so with Trijicons, I like the white outlines on the dots better then the silver outline.  The slides fit very well to the frames, and the frames themselves are in VG condition.  One of the slides looks like it has taken a bit of a beating, some very hard rubs and almost some what of a very small indentation on the rear side of the slide.  It is not that noticeable until you look closely, then you see it every time.  Trigger pull seems good so far, I hope to get out to the range tomorrow and put a few hundred rounds thru the two of them.  I’ll repost after I get them out to the range.  

Are these pistols worth $479.99, yeh I think so.  Once they got cleaned up and I hope with new stocks soon I think they will look a lot better.   I called CDNN about the grips, they want me to send them in the worse of the two and they would get me two new sets of the factory grips.  CDNN said poor condition grips should have not made it thru their QA dept.    So we’ll see.  

Here's one of the two.    

Link Posted: 11/12/2005 7:05:56 PM EDT
[#30]
I just got mine today.  The slide looks good, minor wear only.  The frame has a few scratches but the slide looks mint and fits real tight.  The night sights also look pretty bright.   One mag only.  I also had the original plastic grips with mine.  No hogue stuff and the screws look good.  The mag release has been reversed and even though I am a lefty I prefer it the way it was.  Also there is a scratch when they reversed the release.

Barrel looks bright and not too bad.  But there is definitely wear on the slide and frame on the inside.

How can I repair the scratches on the slide?  I tried alumnablack and it didnt do shit.   Its probably a pretty tough alloy so it wont stain easily.

But over all worth the $200 that it saved me.  Actually I am the most happy with this SIG of the few used pistols that I have purchased.

Kevin the saleman said he would get a nicer one for me and also replace the grips with the factory ones.
Link Posted: 11/14/2005 1:35:40 PM EDT
[#31]
I called today and they won't hand pick nor will they provide the plastic grips.

They have not heard of any with rust or reversed mag releases.

Hmmmm.

I would be interested in hearing about other reviews..... I probably would have ordered one but they didn't have a current FFL on hand of the local guy.
Link Posted: 11/14/2005 7:26:29 PM EDT
[#32]
I'll see tomorrow if I can get some close up's of the side of the frame with the rust on mag release plate/cover/what ever it's called.  Also the dent on the right side of the slide.  Again, over all the pistols are in good to VG condition; but like new is a bit much.  I did get out to the range this past weekend.  They both shot very well,one really like REM 185gr +p holow points.  I shot about 100 rounds of reloads and 25 speed golddot and REM 185 +p HP thru both of them.  The ate every last round with out a problem.
Link Posted: 11/15/2005 2:29:38 PM EDT
[#33]
My order just went in....I will try to post pictures when it arrives.
Link Posted: 11/16/2005 5:36:46 AM EDT
[#34]
After another cleaning from the range, that indentation I saw on the left side of the slide is a flaw in the finish.  Because of the location, which is on a bend from three sides it looks like the metal is pushed in a very small amount, but it is not.  Just thought I should clarify that.
Link Posted: 11/22/2005 6:05:32 PM EDT
[#35]
Just got mine in. To good a deal to pass up. Ordered through local FFL who orders from CDNN from time to time. When I arrived he said "you may want to send this one back, it was supposed to be excellent -like new". He said I am going to have to call and cuss them they sent you a new unfired gun, not like new, they misrepresented it Looks to have never been fired still had hangtag on it. Sweet.  Need a deal on a tac light now.
Link Posted: 11/22/2005 7:01:50 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
I got my two Sig P220R’s the other night; both were in blue Sig hard cases, each with one 7 rnd mag, and one with a locking cable.  These are “USED” handguns; CDNN advertises them to be “Excellent to Like New, Used Very Little”; that in my opinion is a bit of a stretch of the truth.  Maybe I'm being to picky?  When I spoke to a sale agent he said they would come with Sig Factory Grips not after market Hogue’s or anything like that, they both have Hogue’s on them.  And both sets of grips are in some what poor condition, rusty grip screws.  But getting back to the like new blurb, excellent to like new guns some not have RUST on them, should they?  One of the two had some surface and intermediate rust on the right side where the mag release is.  

So I cleaned them both up real good last night and this morning, barrels are in good condition (so far), the night sights are original Siglites and are not the newest in the world.  They are useable however.  I will be replacing them in the next year or so with Trijicons, I like the white outlines on the dots better then the silver outline.  The slides fit very well to the frames, and the frames themselves are in VG condition.  One of the slides looks like it has taken a bit of a beating, some very hard rubs and almost some what of a very small indentation on the rear side of the slide.  It is not that noticeable until you look closely, then you see it every time.  Trigger pull seems good so far, I hope to get out to the range tomorrow and put a few hundred rounds thru the two of them.  I’ll repost after I get them out to the range.  

Are these pistols worth $479.99, yeh I think so.  Once they got cleaned up and I hope with new stocks soon I think they will look a lot better.   I called CDNN about the grips, they want me to send them in the worse of the two and they would get me two new sets of the factory grips.  CDNN said poor condition grips should have not made it thru their QA dept.    So we’ll see.  

Here's one of the two.    

i33.photobucket.com/albums/d89/snowis/SigP220R003.jpg

I thought the mags had an eight round capacity, no?

It's a beautiful pistol nonetheless.

Justin

Link Posted: 11/22/2005 7:14:00 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

http://www.copesdist.com/sigsauer.htm
Link Posted: 11/22/2005 7:24:21 PM EDT
[#38]
That is one  sexy piece!

Link Posted: 11/29/2005 3:02:13 PM EDT
[#39]
Final picked mine up.

Here is a good image from the side.
Looks to be in pretty good shape.

With the slide back, you can see this item is definitely not new but still looks like minimal wear.

Also, the slot for the mag shows some wear and tear.

Here is the first time I have ever seen this. Take a close look at the sights, notice there are actually dots ON TOP of the sights and not just the back.

Link Posted: 11/29/2005 8:04:33 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 11/30/2005 4:45:37 PM EDT
[#41]
The mags I got are seven rounders. I did get both sets of factory sig grips, so I have nothing to bitch about on that part.  So over all I happy with my purchase.  The mag wells on mine don't look as beat up as JThompson's sig photos, but mine do have there flaws.
Link Posted: 11/30/2005 4:54:55 PM EDT
[#42]
tag
Link Posted: 12/2/2005 5:33:34 AM EDT
[#43]
JThompson,
Your barrel being marked like that doesn't mean alot. I've seen new barrels look that way. It has to do with the way they are finishing them now. As for the dots on the top of your sights they are there because those sights are Siglites. Something that SIG doesn't advertise is that if they put the night sights on then they have a lifetime warranty. I know this from when I went through their armorers course.  I hope all of you that buy the P220Rs have good experiences with them. I had one a few months ago and even after replacing all the springs still would function correctly. I love and carry P220 W. Germany everyday but dont' trust the new SIGs.
Link Posted: 12/2/2005 6:02:09 AM EDT
[#44]
The rail is the new version that accepts the x200 light, correct?  I have seen a handful of used, railed Sigs that have an odd rail.  Looks to be a great buy.
Link Posted: 12/2/2005 8:51:35 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
JThompson,
Your barrel being marked like that doesn't mean alot. I've seen new barrels look that way. It has to do with the way they are finishing them now. As for the dots on the top of your sights they are there because those sights are Siglites. Something that SIG doesn't advertise is that if they put the night sights on then they have a lifetime warranty. I know this from when I went through their armorers course.  I hope all of you that buy the P220Rs have good experiences with them. I had one a few months ago and even after replacing all the springs still would function correctly. I love and carry P220 W. Germany everyday but dont' trust the new SIGs.

One of the little white dots on mine fell out.  So I can call SIG and they may replace it for me?  
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 3:12:45 AM EDT
[#46]
do they still have these for sale??

are the buyers here happy with the purchase? sounds like a fantastic deal for a railed 220.....
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 7:45:06 AM EDT
[#47]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top