Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/3/2012 8:43:15 AM EDT
I just picked up a used p226 combat tb. It has a born date of 12/21/2011. It doesnt look like it has ever been shot. I took it out yesterday and one magazine is failling to lock the slide back and sometimes it looks like the spring is not pushing the rounds up (Dont know the technical term). I also had a problem getting the 15th round in and had to slam the mag against my hand to get it to go in. I took a closer look and both magazines have "Made in USA" on them. Are these crap mags that were swapped out with the gun before I bought it? Are they Checkmate or Promag? I know Mecgar are Italian (I think).

Any Ideas?

Thanks everyone.
Link Posted: 12/3/2012 8:47:20 AM EDT
[#1]
They're probably checkmate mags that came with the gun. Buy some Mecgar 18 rounders and toss the checkmates in a drawer or use them for malfunction clearance drills.
Link Posted: 12/3/2012 8:49:17 AM EDT
[#2]
I figured. Yeah im going to get some 20 rounders... you never know i might need those extra 2 rounds :)
Link Posted: 12/3/2012 8:59:57 AM EDT
[#3]
I got some Checkmate 15 rd and 20 rd magazines with a new MK25 deal.  They worked fine using 115 gr 9 mm PMC (old stuff in the orange and black boxes) .  No malfunctions and all slide locks were positive.  The Checkmate springs are shorter than the Meggar ones.  I found the same shorter springs in the West German zipper back magazines that would not work reliably with a suppressor pn another P226.  Get some Wolff springs and upgrade the Checkmates.  I will upgrade my Checkmates even if the mags work fine.

Be sure to use GREASE on the rails.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top