Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/17/2010 2:52:41 PM EDT
I'm planning on filing down the finger grooves on my glock and inted to do it by taping off the edges of the groves on both sides of the grip and then using micro diamond files and maybe high grit sand paper to work them down even with the rest of the grip. Any tips or advise before I start?

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 6/17/2010 3:17:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I'm planning on filing down the finger grooves on my glock and inted to do it by taping off the edges of the groves on both sides of the grip and then using micro diamond files and maybe high grit sand paper to work them down even with the rest of the grip. Any tips or advise before I start?

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile

let me know how it goes....been threating to do this to my 19 for years.

tag...
Link Posted: 6/17/2010 3:29:54 PM EDT
[#2]

Take your time.
Link Posted: 6/17/2010 3:32:21 PM EDT
[#3]

sweet.....i like...
Link Posted: 6/17/2010 5:16:07 PM EDT
[#4]

That's a damn good job.
Link Posted: 6/17/2010 9:02:40 PM EDT
[#5]
Dremel is your friend.  Relax and go slow, you'll be fine.  I took the finger grooves off of, and stippled the grips on both a 19 and a 21SF of mine, and a 22 for a buddy of mine.  Once you get over the initial pucker factor of grinding on your gun, you'll be ok.
Link Posted: 6/17/2010 9:03:20 PM EDT
[#6]
Dremel with a sanding drum is what I use for material removal on polymer frames. Just watch the speed and stay focused, go with lights pressure and take a little bit at a time.
Link Posted: 6/20/2010 5:25:34 AM EDT
[#7]
I took finger grooves off both my 17 and 22.  Dremel with sanding drum (med/fine, course was too much) to get the bulk of it off, then I finished shaping with 220 grit sandpaper, took out any marks with 400 grit, then shined it up with 600 grit.

Go slow and it is not a problem.  Other option is just grind it down and throw on an inner tube for a no-slip grip.  My G22 is wearing a rubber
Link Posted: 6/24/2010 6:00:14 PM EDT
[#8]
I removed the grooves on my G19 a few months ago. I taped the area off and removed the bulk of the material with a dremel sanding drum on the lowest speed. I also used some small files and sandpaper. Final finish was with 400 grit. As others have said...go slow!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top