Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/1/2007 6:42:32 PM EDT
How can I tell the difference between a preban glock mag and a current production?
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 7:50:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Look at this this image

www.pistolgear.com/prodimages/Glock%2010rnd%20mag_sm.jpg
See how the metal lip where the bullet feeds is Square= post ban

See this image. See how the lip where the bullet sits is round vs. square = pre-ban
brigadearmory.com/catalog/images/GlockMag-highcapacity.jpg

Of course, some 3rd generation mags were produced before the ban, so some with the square lip may be legal.

hope this helps.
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 8:18:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Some preban glock mags have the square notch, these are factory G19 mags with factory +2 extensions, purchased way back in 1993

Link Posted: 12/2/2007 11:09:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Don't gorget the NFML mags.

Link Posted: 12/3/2007 10:56:56 AM EDT
[#5]
All NFML mags are pre-ban.
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 2:13:33 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks for all the info.  I'm good to go!!!!
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 3:59:31 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
img.photobucket.com/albums/v637/AaronDM4/threemags-back.jpg

I'd would of never of caught that without the underlining.  Looks like post AWB they move dup the "9mm" letters to make room for the restriction markings, then after the AWB they kept the 9mm in the same spot and just erased the restriction markings.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top