Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/28/2001 6:29:36 AM EDT
Want your opinion on what Glock 9mm is a good primary carry.

Plus, is a Glock 26 a good model for a girl?
Does Glock make a single stack 9mm?

Thanks!!!!  Look forward to your input!

--Longshot
Link Posted: 11/28/2001 10:47:42 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 11/28/2001 11:43:56 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the input Kevin!

She is a novice and has small hands. (hence my interest in a silgle stack for her)

The little 9's seem to have quite a kick. I'm thinking that a G19 would be a little eisier to control.

Anyone else?
Link Posted: 11/28/2001 2:56:19 PM EDT
[#3]
find you a indoor range with some glock LOANERS
(generally you buy the ammo and pick up the range fee) and you can shoot almost all of em...
that will give you a good idea how each handeles & shoots then you can bite the bullet and pick one..........
Link Posted: 11/29/2001 2:52:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 11/29/2001 6:10:39 PM EDT
[#5]
A lot of small people think that a small gun is right for them.  This could be, or it could not be.  Remember the smaller the gun, the higher the recoil.  A larger gun might work better for you if you can get a grip on it.

IMHO the BEST Glock 9mm is the original Glock 17 (which I do not own unfortunately).  This is quickly followed by the Glock 19.  I do not like the grip on the model 26.

-SS
Link Posted: 11/29/2001 9:59:57 PM EDT
[#6]
The 26 would increase felt recoil, and with the smaller grip missing the pinkie finger its going to be a pain to shoot for a novice. Start out with a 19. Big enough for a full grip. And it has a little mass behind it to soak up some recoil.
Link Posted: 11/30/2001 5:38:31 PM EDT
[#7]
I would agree with varmit, get some loaners to try. I have a G22(17) and a G27(26). I happen to shoot the 27 better then the G22 and the G17 I just picked up. It is probably because I have more trigger time with the 27 being that I have carried that one for about 5 yrs. now.

All that aside the G19 is a nice compromise between the G17 and G26.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top