Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/22/2007 2:24:16 PM EDT
Can anyone show me (with pics) the differences between Gen 1, 2, and 3?  I am interested in 1 and 2 especially.
Link Posted: 2/22/2007 2:30:30 PM EDT
[#1]

and the 2.5gen
Link Posted: 2/22/2007 4:05:08 PM EDT
[#2]
that pretty much sums it up.
Link Posted: 2/23/2007 2:21:00 AM EDT
[#3]
Well I guess so!  Thanks!
Link Posted: 2/23/2007 3:43:30 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks man, I was wondeirng the same thing since I have been looking at the EE boards lately for a Glock 19....

but I kept wondeirng whats the difference and you just sums it up for me :)
Link Posted: 2/28/2007 5:49:31 PM EDT
[#5]
That makes mine a Gen 2 then.
Link Posted: 3/2/2007 5:14:12 PM EDT
[#6]
Wow, I'm surprised of the answers you got.  When I asked a question about the differences between the 1st and 2nd Gen Glock frames a while ago, several posters jumped on me for not just Googling it!

Anyway, all the Glocks I've ever owned have been 2nd Gens.  Until I recently bought a 1st Gen G17, I didn't know what I was missing.  IMO, Glock had it right with the texturing on the 1st Gen frames.  I like a small amount of texture, and that's what the 1st Gens are like.  I know I must be in the minority since everybody is putting the rubber slip-on grips on them, or texturing them with truck bed liner or by melting them.

I like having the equipment rail like the 3rd Gens have, but I really don't like the finger grooves in them.  I guess it's a trade-off.
Link Posted: 3/5/2007 9:35:09 PM EDT
[#7]
I wish I could have gone back and given you the answers I received.  Sorry you were treated that way.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top