Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/21/2002 10:53:42 PM EDT
Brain fart

I forgot, what are the distinguishing characteristics between the Generation I, II and III models?
Link Posted: 8/22/2002 3:48:06 AM EDT
[#1]
I am not an expert, but I'll take a shot.

Gen I = early model glocks have no stipling on the grip and both barrel and slide are stamped w/ little Phoneix type bird stamping. Another quirk of these early models is that the slide release spring is weak, so upon rapid insertion of second magazine, most of these models will release the slide and chamber a round WITHOUT touching the slide release, (the slaming of a mag insertion is enough force to cause the slide release to activate on its' own). They are also known to release prior to secondary mag insertion or in some cases not lock back to begin with.

Gen II = these glock have little nubbings on front and rear strap of grip.

Gen III - these glocks not only have the nubbings on the grip (front and rear) but also have the accessories rail for installation of lights and other devices below slide on front dust cover.

Mike
Link Posted: 8/22/2002 6:17:59 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the info.

A while back, someone posted a pic of all three versions, side by side. I was hoping to find that pic.
Link Posted: 8/22/2002 6:20:45 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/29/2002 9:21:04 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/29/2002 9:35:47 AM EDT
[#5]
That pic says it all Big Bear.
Your sig line was the name of a football team
I play on at community collage.
Link Posted: 9/1/2002 5:31:12 PM EDT
[#6]
That's the one!

Thanks Big_Bear
Link Posted: 9/6/2002 7:18:15 AM EDT
[#7]
Not all III gen glocks have the rail. The wider models such as the Glock 26 and 30, do not.
Link Posted: 9/6/2002 10:42:06 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Not all III gen glocks have the rail. The wider models such as the Glock 26 and 30, do not.

Thats right, all the Baby Glocks have no rail.
Link Posted: 9/6/2002 11:04:56 AM EDT
[#9]
hey cmymud if its ok can I use your advatar for another fourm? How do you put advtars on this fourm?
Link Posted: 9/9/2002 11:10:59 AM EDT
[#10]
Help yourself I got it from glocks main site.

You have to be a team member here.
Here is the info on that  www.ar15.com/content/index.html?sec=membership
Link Posted: 9/9/2002 11:16:14 AM EDT
[#11]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top