Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/19/2004 10:22:24 AM EDT
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 12:46:57 PM EDT
[#1]
1st gen NFML mags have a round cut at the back of the mag. The gen2 & Gne 3 that are FM have the square cut. The gen2 have a deeper cut and have 90 degree cuts. The 3rd gen have more of a 45 degree cut on the metal.

J
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 1:23:25 PM EDT
[#2]
I think what you have are partly metal lined. They tried this before the FMLs were introduced. I have three G19 mags like this..,.two fall free and one does not. A good coat of ArmorAll on the outside can help as well, especially just before a match.
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 1:36:24 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 2:18:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 2:40:58 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
The rear of the mag looks like the one on the far left marked NFML but I can see the metal lining around the holes on the rear of the mag, unlike other NFML mags I have. I'll have to remember to pull one apart later

The NFML mags have metal lining but not on all four side of the interior, they don't drop free when loaded because the expand and fit the the magwell tighter.  There were some non Glock manufactured mags that looked just like these but had no metal lining at tall.  Some early NFML lined mags also had the metal blackened.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top