Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/2/2011 9:14:28 AM EDT

Link Posted: 4/2/2011 10:12:20 AM EDT
[#1]
Looks like it should still function though....
Happen during take-down or sometime before?
Link Posted: 4/2/2011 10:19:20 AM EDT
[#2]
Please tell me im not seeing the captured spring broken and uncaptured.
Link Posted: 4/2/2011 10:33:12 AM EDT
[#3]
Happened during live fire.  And yes, it's not captured any longer.
Link Posted: 4/2/2011 10:38:18 AM EDT
[#4]
That sucks. Call Glock and get a new one. Did you have the most recent guide springs? I just put in the new one from Glock in my G22.

Dave
Link Posted: 4/2/2011 10:54:59 AM EDT
[#5]

What kind of malfunction did a broken guide rod result in?  Just curious if it would still function somewhat or it completely locked up.
Link Posted: 4/2/2011 11:02:31 AM EDT
[#6]
Not my gun, armorer did state that it was gen4 first edition prior to spring guide recall.  During practice quals and he was done after that until assy was replaced.

I still have my issued gen3.  
Link Posted: 4/2/2011 11:11:12 AM EDT
[#7]
can you put a gen 3 slide/barrel/recoil spring assembly on a gen 4 frame?
Link Posted: 4/2/2011 12:45:54 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

The barrel is the only thing interchangeable of what you listed.  Some companies are selling adapter bushings now so you can use a gen 3 recoil assembly in a gen 4 gun.

Link Posted: 4/2/2011 1:07:56 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:

The barrel is the only thing interchangeable of what you listed.  Some companies are selling adapter bushings now so you can use a gen 3 recoil assembly in a gen 4 gun.

The barrels aren't compatible either due to the way they are cut for the new RSA.
Link Posted: 4/2/2011 1:28:55 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The barrels aren't compatible either due to the way they are cut for the new RSA.

Not true.

Gen 3 RSA's will work with a Gen 4 barrel (just need an adapter for the slide).  I also know for a fact that after market gen 3 barrels work just fine in gen 4's with the new RSA.

Link Posted: 4/2/2011 5:09:31 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not true.

Gen 3 RSA's will work with a Gen 4 barrel (just need an adapter for the slide).  I also know for a fact that after market gen 3 barrels work just fine in gen 4's with the new RSA.

Yes, I'm aware that you can use a Gen 3 RSA with a Gen 4 using the new adapters.  Per Glock, Gen 3 barrels are NOT compatible in Gen 4 guns.  If you don't believe me, give them a call on Monday.

I have no knowledge of the use of aftermarket Gen 3 barrels in Gen 4 guns.

ETA:  This topic came up in the Glock forum about a month ago which led me to call Glock and see if the barrels were compatible or not.  The rep stated that they weren't.  So I just looked at my Gen 3 and Gen 4 barrels and I can't really tell a difference between the two.  So I'm still not sure.  I guess I will call this week to see if I can get a definitive answer.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top